What companies have you gotten samples from?

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. :smileyhappy:

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? :smileyhappy:

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

My updated list for companies that send samples to Canada:

Illamasqua - Hydra veil deluxe sample + 2 pots of skin base foundation

Jane Iredale (received) - Glow time BB cream
L'occitane 
Ren - 3 deluxe samples for combination skin. They are sending me more because this line is too drying for my skin.
Red flower 
Tata Harper (Yes! $5 shipping for US, $10 for Canada and they only provide you with 3 foil packets, so I'm not sure if it's worth it)
Aesop - Yes, 4 sample packets
Caldrea
Hermes fragrances -surprisingly pleasant CS:smileyhappy: I'm really excited to see what they are going to send me.
The Laundress
Koh Gen Do

(0) Hearts

Hi! How did you get samples from illamasqua? I've been dying to try the hydra veil! Also from Jane Irendale?

(0) Hearts

Hii I just emailed store@illamasqua.com , and said I wanted to try the formula of skin base foundation before I purchase the full size product online. Also, I provided them information about the brand and shade I'm using right now. The hydra veil came with the two sample pots of skin base. Their customer service is really good, if you can let them know you don't live close to a illamasqua counter, I'm sure they are happy to help you. They even mailed to me via airmail, so I received the sample only 2 days after they said yes.

As for Jane Iredale, here is a link to their contact form,

http://shop.janeiredale.ca/contact-us.htm 

Just fill it out and tell them which products you want to try out, someone will reply you in a few days. If you live in Canada, they will send your information to their Canadian distributor and they will mail the samples to you within a week. Hope this helps!

(0) Hearts

Mario Badescu sends customized samples to Canada for free!

(0) Hearts

Really? I emailed them,but they never replied. I guess it's ok because even if I like their products, it's really hard to find a retailer in Canada :smileysad:

Click 'consult' on MB's website, in about 24hrs you'll receive an email with recommendations, then at the bottom of that email click send samples..all deluxe sized.

Yup! If you complete the survey, they will send you some samples of what they recommend for your skin.  For me, it took a few weeks after I completed the survey for them to send me an email saying that they'd send samples.  then the samples came a few weeks after that with a guide on what to do with them and a day/night routine customized for me :smileyhappy:

You have to complete a survey that's found on their Facebook page. From there you will get a list of recommendations and you will receive the samples in 6-8 weeks. :smileyhappy:

Murphy's Law? for some reason the companies that sent me deluxe/minis ALWAYS send me the items I don't want and does not include the items I DO want. I say I didn't really like product X and was hoping to try product Y.....guess what they sent? product X.

I asked L'occitane for skincare, they sent me bodycare. I asked Murad for Essential+C line products cuz the pore line don't work for me, got a deluxe of the pore line and no essential+c stuff. I told ren that I didn't like their glycol mask and was hoping to try the rose oil stuff....and they sent me .5oz of the glycol mask. I do appreciate the generosity, but I was kind of hoping it would be the products I'm interested in instead of the products I explicitly said I don't like......oh well, guess that's what TSB is for.

(0) Hearts

It may have something to do with the samples that they currently have on hand...they probably figure better to send something over nothing.  I spent a couple of hours writing for samples last week and sometimes the reps would say something along the lines of  "unfortunately we don't have samples of these products that I am going to recommend based on your skincare concerns, but I would be happy to send some other samples for you to try".  Murad is so generous with samples!  I was surprised to get an actual huge box in the mail from them instead of a padded envelope.

(0) Hearts

congrats! First time I asked Murad they said yes but didn't send anything. Second time I asked Murad they said they will send me X but sent me Y. Feel kind of bad so not planning a 3rd try. I guess Essential+C line and me are just not meant to be. =/

(0) Hearts

Awww.  Maybe 3rd time is the charm?  Wait a couple months for staff/sample turnover :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Ren skincare sent me their line for combination skin and it turns out to be too drying for my skin. So I emailed them to ask their recommendations,but wasn't trying to ask for more samples. But they offered to send me more samples from another line anyways. So include the products you really want to try in the email, I'm sure they will include them If you just want to try out a brand in general, then they could send you anything :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I don't mention what hasn't worked for me, just what I am looking for. Maybe their customer service reps aren't really reading your message. Maybe they just see "glycol mask," and go, "Okay, she wants our glycol mask, let's send it to her." 

(0) Hearts

I tend to say I'm interested in your products, and what to try these..and no mention of what doesn't work.

(0) Hearts

Gremlins and their diabolical sabotage...[any Looney Tunes fans?]

Where do you guys get the addresses for the companies?  From their websites?

(0) Hearts

I second MysticalAngel.  I just click contact us to either bring up a form or get the company's email.

Yup! Just click on the "contact us" link on their websites. :smileyhappy:

Thank you so much jenjendoitagain !  I wanted to reply to your post but it didn't work :smileysad:   Thank you for the nice words, I really appreciate it! :smileyhappy:  And you're right, I am already hooked to this wonderful forum!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

I contacted Clarins a 2nd time asking for samples and I hope they stick to their words and don't say yes but disappear like the first time. I'm kind of peeved cuz their online return policy is super strict* so they can't say "just return it" as a reason for buy instead of try.

*Apparently you can only return products new/unopened.....what? if so then why are you buying it in the first place? Anyways, that's for their website only, not other stores that carry their products. But they actually have products exclusive to their website, and I want the points.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments