What companies have you gotten samples from?

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. Smiley Happy

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? Smiley Happy

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

[ Edited ]

free samples.jpg

I received deluxe-sized samples from Murad (the 4.5 oz. cleanser was especially generous). Besides the cleanser, I received two lightening serums and a day moisturizer. 

I answered the Mario Badescu quiz, and received a cleansing soap, face scrub, face mask, day moisturizer and a foil sample of eye cream. 

I signed up with La Mer two weeks ago, but nothing yet. 

(0) Hearts

Hmm, I think Mario Badescu sent me another package with the same items, except a toner substituted for the eye cream foil sample. 

If you don't mind my asking, but what did you tell Murad?

I got the same Murad products when I emailed them, Monikay. Plus some t-zone serum. I was most surprised by the full sized cleanser.

I told them I was recommended their product...let them know my skin type, skin concerns, and that I would like to try before I purchase. Include your shipping address too in the same email so they can send. Say something like, "I'll include my shipping address in case samples are possible"

Yup, this is what I put in my email. 

(0) Hearts

how do you like mario badescu line? I tried samples they sent me, but did not like any of them (

(0) Hearts

I was actually really impressed with the items Mario Badescu sent me and was not expecting to be.  Their samples changed my mind and I have purchased some of their items now!

(0) Hearts

I am not really that impressed with the Mario Badescu line. I am glad I tried the samples first; I don't think that I would purchase them. 

(0) Hearts

La Mer can take over a month to receive the 2piece sample..just be patient Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I will!

(0) Hearts

WOW- Murad was really generous to you! I got 2 deluxe samples and a foil packet!

(0) Hearts

Oh wow, I thought Murad was that generous with everyone. Did you get samples from the same "Environmental Shield" line, or a more expensive one?

I've been looking to try out some new products, and since I am on a no/low buy right now I figured it would be a good time to try out samples from brands I haven't used much before!  Almost every company I wrote to said they would send me some samples to try out (some more generous than others), here's what I got from 2/3 of the companies I wrote to, will update with the last set when they arrive!

Ole, Nia24, L'Occitane, Dermalogica, Dr. Hauschka

Clarins, FAB, Murad, Jane Iredale, Paula's Choice

Clarins wrote me back and told me no! I am so sad now! And you got a full sized Murad cleanser too! Wow!

Clarins told me no at first, said to try a Clarin's counter, so I replied saying "It's too bad that you no longer offer samples outside of orders, as I saw on the Sephora message boards that many people really enjoyed the samples they received from Clarins and were able to figure out if the products would work for them!" and said that the next time I had some free time I would try to stop by a counter if some of the samples sent to me by (name of competitor that did send me samples) didn't work for my skin.  A few hours later I got an email from a different rep.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For anyone that received from L'Occitane:

Did you receive with postage due? If so, did you contact L'Occitane..how did they make up for their error?

I am waiting for L'Occitane to respond on this issue Smiley Happy

Update: They offered to resend, which has been received.

(0) Hearts

I actually just received samples from L'occitane yesterday. No postage due issue and the postage was only 63 cents. How much do you have to pay?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks, sounds like we received a different amount of samples. I guess due to thickness, and they put 48 cents on it, I need to pay a couple of dollars.

(0) Hearts

how many foil packets did you receive?

(0) Hearts

I did not have this issue with L'Occitane but I did have 24¢ postage due on Ole Henriksen.  I'm just going to pay it though.  I have some stuff to take to the post office today anyway.  Good luck, I hope they respond soon! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

24 cents is nothing Smiley Happy

I did get a response, but they stated they were confused and asked why I think I need to pay for samples..I simply stated I received a postage due notice..we'll see.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments