What companies have you gotten samples from?

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. :smileyhappy:

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? :smileyhappy:

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

It's so strange! Maybe I'll have my husband register with them and see if he gets anything. It's a bit frustrating being told that they don't do it when they obviously do for some people. I'd feel better if they said something along the lines of only sending things to certain locations or something other than a flat out "No, we don't do that."

Awwe that sucks. Yeah, I read on this thread that they got the samples by registering on the website so I did the same. Maybe you can stop by a La Mer counter and get a sample. I've had good luck at Nordstrom with getting samples of super high-end brands. 

I'll pop into Nordstroms this weekend and see if they'll hook me up. I'm always nervous asking for samples for whatever reason. But I hope I'll get something... the closest Nordstrom is almost 2 hours away from my house. Luckily I was already planning on going out that way to stock up on Victoria's Secret's semi-annual sale.

Yea..I'm afraid to use mine for that very reason.

I don't know why I even tried it, I just bought the Koh Gen Doh All in One moisture gel a month or so ago. The KGD works perfectly fine but the La Mer creme is sooo much more moisturizing. I've been using it for a week now and I can feel my skin getting smoother and softer. I still have a month's worth left of the sample if I use it sparingly.

(0) Hearts

I just e-mailed Ren skincare line, so I hope I hear back from them!

(0) Hearts

I tried e-mailing Jane Iredale because I saw on another forum that they send samples, however, they e-mailed me back saying there's a few locations in my state that sell their products. I tried!

All of the retail locations in my area are plastic surgery centers, so I wrote to them explaining that I wasn't comfortable going in to a plastic surgery center to buy or try makeup and then they asked me about colors, etc.

(0) Hearts

Did you email the personalshoppers email? Pretty sure that's who I emailed with a few times, as they asked skin type, which products wanted etc. In the end, I received 2 pressed and 2 loose powder foundations and a mini lipstick, all decent sizes.

(0) Hearts

That's odd! I emailed them, and they asked me about my skin type and such. They said they'd mail me some samples??

Thanks to this thread, I've gotten some samples of the products that I've wanted to try for a long time :smileyhappy:

This is what I got recently!

image.jpg

Nice! I'm a bit jealous of your haul, to be honest. Did you contact REN directly?

[ Edited ]

I emailed them 2 weeks ago, and I got my samples today :smileyhappy: They're very nice and responsed to my email quickly :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Wow you received quick from Ren...I emailed in October, they said samples would be sent...still waiting..emailed a week ago, to the person that responded they would send...still waiting..but now it's holidays so offices may be closed...who did you email with?

I just went on their website and click the "Contact us" link, and then the use the customer service email to write to them :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Ok that's what I did originally :smileyhappy: Then the next email came from someone's email directly.

[ Edited ]

Just an FYI for samples from Dr.Hauschka

I emailed with my skin type info, and was told to use their online consultation tool to fine-tune what would be best for me. Then "After using the online form, let us know what your results are. It is possible we may have some samples that I can drop in the mail for you!"

(0) Hearts

For anyone that's gotten samples from Koh Gen Do, do you email their "beauty advisor" or "contact"?

I emailed contact at and got a response from beautyadvisor at kohgendocosmetics dot com  I think it doesn't matter. :smileyhappy: 

(0) Hearts

@missey1973 what a wonderful idea!

I don't understand why its such a huge deal for companies/stores to give us samples, come on we aren't asking for a whole freaking bottle, we just want to try out your products that if we like we might potentially buy! they should just give us the samples and make it easy, not make a big deal out of it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments