What companies have you gotten samples from?

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. Smiley Happy

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? Smiley Happy

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

(0) Hearts

If you call their customer service number (I did this), then ask to try out some of their products, they'll give you the consultation verbally and send you the samples. That's how I got 5 samples sent to me! Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I don't even get e-mails!  I signed up, took the quiz...nothin'.  Harrumph.

(0) Hearts

Did you take the consultation quiz?

I took it, and then they sent me an email with picks from it, and I had to accept it to get these. 

In the email with the recommendations, comes about 24hrs after using the consult tool, did you click the link at the bottom of the email to send samples?

[ Edited ]

My samples from John Masters Organics came today! Yay! Also, just to let everyone know, Korean cosmetic/skincare stores are usually pretty good about letting you have samples. If you can find a nice store, ask for a couple. Smiley Happy

Okay in randomness, John Masters wouldn't send me any samples!  lol

But I'm glad you got some all the same!

(0) Hearts

Smiley Sad  Sorry you couldn't get any samples! I still don't understand why some companies are a bit inconsistent about samples, but I hope you get more elsewhere! 

(0) Hearts

Murad and Clarins were very friendly and agreed to send me samples......then did not and ignored all my emails. Oh well, I've got enough skincare anyways.

I've contacted Paula's Choice, and they sent me a Skin Recovery sampler! The products didn't work out for me, but that was good to know before I purchased anything. I'm thinking of trying John Masters Organics, since I'm so sensitive, and maybe a change for the natural won't hurt.

Next on my list, when I have time or run low on samples:

Origins - won't bother as I get their samples at the mall and they have told others no.
Perfekt (I really like their stuff! but never heard of them mailing samples)
Paula's Choice (I will hope for that sampler)
Ren
Hauscka
Dr. Brandt
Boscia (I will pay $2.50 shipping no prob)
Sunday Riley

Just joined the LaMer website for samples  : ) and I'm planning to join some others. You girls are inspiring

Today, I e-mailed Paula's Choice, Juice Beauty, Mario Bedusco, and Aubrey Oganics for samples. Last week, I received samples from Dr. Hauschka and REN. Jane Iredale said no. 

(0) Hearts

Really? Jane Iredale said yes to me and then sent me a tracking number with my 'shipment'.

I wonder how companies determine who gets samples and who doesn't.

I purchased a bunch of stuff from Paula's Choice after deciding I loved the samples. Right now they have a refer a friend program where we both get $10 off a $15 purchase when I refer you. I also have a code you can combine with this to give you 15% off your whole purchase. If you are interested message me.

(0) Hearts

I won't be ready to purchase for a little while, but if the promo is still going on then I'd be happy to use your referral, if you want to PM me the info go ahead!  It could be over by the time I'm ready to order, but I'd be happy to try it.

I started writing companies asking for samples. My skin reacts so horribly to things it makes sense for me. Out of curiosity, are you guys including your address in the initial email inquiry? Or do you wait for a yes/no before giving an address?

I DID include my address - and I think overall this was good because some places never replied at all via email... but they DID mail me something!

Thanks! I've only contacted L'occutaine so far, but I'll include my address for the future.

[ Edited ]

On a positive note (from me the whiner who is still like, "but why Murad and others who send samples to people, would you tell me no?"), here are the ones that DID send to me:

Vbeaute

Jane Iredale

KGD

Juice Beauty
Mario Badescue

Eve Lom (it was sent from Space Uk!?)

Firm No's:

Murad

Derma E

And a few other No's.

No reply from like half dozen others. including John Masters Organics.

(0) Hearts

Have you received your Eve Lom samples yet? They shipped mine last week but they said to wait 14 days for arrival

[ Edited ]

Here is the list of companies that not only said yes but that I actually ended up receiving samples from:

• NIA24
  • REN (several deluxe-sized samples)
  • L'Occitane
  • Living Proof (deluxe-sized styling cream)
  • Murad (several deluxe-sized samples)
  • Derma E
  • Dr. Hauschka (all deluxe-sized samples)
  • Jane Iredale (all deluxe-sized samples)
  • DermOrganic (all deluxe-sized samples)
  • Aubrey Organics
  • Mario Badescu (all deluxe-sized samples)
  • Juice Beauty
  • Boscia
  • Paula's Choice (all deluxe-sized samples)

All in all, I ended up with 78 different samples from these companies... for free (minus shipping paid to Boscia).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments