What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. :smileyhappy:

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? :smileyhappy:

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

(0) Hearts

I have been emailing a bunch you guys have mentioned today. 

Some yes; and no's as well as no replies

Ive added my address to my email

lets see what pops up at my door. 

I'll let you guys know what shows up :smileyhappy: 

(0) Hearts

UPDATE:

My sample list:

Jane Iredale 
Epionce
Bare Escentuals
DermOrganic
Napoleon Perdis
Nuxe
Curlisto
Ellis Faas
Blum Naturals
L'Occtaine
Embroyolisse
Erno Lazlo
Pangea Organics
Eve Lom
Hermés
Hylunia
Oribe
Bioelements
Mrs.Meyers Clean Day
~
Living Proof
Koh Gen Doh
Studio Gear
Japonesque
Danyel Cosmetics
Yu-Be
Coty
Isoplus
Fragonard
Organic Fiji
Dr hauschka
Archipelago Botanicals
Thymes
Cedarville
Restorsea
EO Hair
Paula's choice
R+CO
Lisa Hoffman
Juice Beauty
Derma E
Joie
Number 4 hair
Mychelle
OSEA
Smay FAT hair
Hempz
Vbeaute
Kjaer Wise
Mereadesso
Skyn Iceland
Kate Somerville

Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 2.26.59 PM.png

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I've been contacting companies asking for samples for a week, I'm OCD and I just needed some order in my life right now...

The left column is people who have yet to respond and when I contacted them, the middle is my Yes column with the bottom being what I've actually received so far, and the right column is for No's, with the bottom Other category being No's just for my skin needs since I am allergic to lavender.

Aesop and JMO will send samples :smileyhappy: 

[ Edited ]

I am OCD, too, so I appreciate a nice spreadsheet.  I may contact the ones you had success with.  What is Erno Laszlo sending you (surprise or did they tell you)?  I really want their samples.  Can you share the email address you sent the request to via pm?

(0) Hearts

I have tried quite a few Erno Laszlo products, only like the sea mud cleansing bar. Their counter is usually very generous with samples, the SA offered me all sample selection they had and told me to give them a try before buying anything. The sample size is pretty decent. 

I went through the customer service page on their website, there's a fill in form. I expressed that I was looking for a new skincare regime and that I had heard good things about their products but couldn't buy sight unseen because of really sensitive skin (I have allergies up the wazoo). They responded from the email on their website under customer service: advisor@brand

I'm not sure exactly what I'll be receiving but they said they were sending samples of their 12 noon or balanced collection. I'm really looking forward to that one!

(0) Hearts

If you receive a no from a company I got a yes from just reply and I'll give you the email address and name of the person I spoke to because I don't think that it's fair that companies pick and choose who to send samples to.

(0) Hearts

Newbie here: 

What's the best way to go about asking companies for free samples? Through an email? Saying how you're dying to try their product? Or something totally different? Sweet talk them? Would love any advice to how you guys handled this and what the best companies to talk to are! 

[ Edited ]

Some companies have a chat, others just send an email.

Just mention you are interested in trying their brand. If you sourced their website looking at the products and found a few you want to try, ask if samples are available for those. Or mention your skincare needs, just the basics not an essay - they won't read it all - and have them recommend products. Depending on how you left it, give your address up front or wait for their response to dive into it further.

Also say please and thank you :smileywink:

Mario Badescu: click 'consultation' on their website, then fill out the form, wait about 24hrs for an email at the very bottom of it click to accept samples.

Some companies send pre-made sample kits (Nia24, Dermalogica, DermOrganic - skincare and a hair set; Paula's Choice sent to kits they sell - based on my needs. Dr. Hauschka received boxed sets based on needs.

Thank you very much! 

I filled out the Mario Badescu consultation, but am still waiting for an email. So we'll see what happens. 

You can shoot them an email or visit a store. Basically you can say anything, some companies just see the word 'samples' and send you a package of something. Other companies might look for bloggers or someone who has previously purchased their products. This process is all about trial and error because while 33 companies have said yes to me, about 15 have said no. Some companies for beginners to email are: 

Embroylisse

Ellis Faas

DermOrganic

Studio Gear

Jane Iredale

Mario Besdescu

Those companies are really nice and will probably give you samples even if you just say "Hey can I get some free smaples?" Don't do that. Talk about yourself and your skincare/ beauty needs. Make sure its personalized and happy and not generic. Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Thank you very much! 

Some of the companies you mentioned above I have not heard a lot about so I will have to check them out more. 

Hey! So, I started emailing companies in August and stopped, but I've been inspired to start  again so heres my list and if you know of others, please reply! :smileyhappy:

YES:

Kjaer Weis

Epionce

Jane iredale

Bare Escentuals

DermOrganic

Napoleon Perdis

Mychelle 

Ellis Faas

Curlisto

Absolutely natural

L'occtaine

Caldrea

Savannah Bee

Jack Black 

vbeaute

embroyolisse

Neostrata

Samy Fat Hair

Hempz

Nuxe

Archipelago Botanicals(doesn't usually send samples)

Dr.Haushcka

Koh Gen Doh Cosmetics

Lliving Proof

Mrs meyers clean day

oribe

joie

bioelements

evelom

hylunia

hermes

erno lazlo

blum naturals

I might be missing some but you get the idea :smileywink: I recieved some already but I'm gonna open them all on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me right?!

(0) Hearts

Oh my gosh great work!  I am going to contact some of these folks -

Kjaer Weiss (LOVE their foundation, want a sample of the Like Porcelain shade)

Embryolisse - have always wanted to try their cream

Neostrata as a great rosacea line altho a bit fragrant for me

Ellis Faas

I also want to check with Vapour and Ilia!

Embroyolisse is super nice! They don't reply but they send you a tracking number and at least 30 foils. Let me know what the other companies say!

(0) Hearts

Thanks!

What we need to do is share the email addy we contact folks at because I have found that I email a company and they say no -- and then someone posts here that another contact at the same company told them yes!  So random.  Grrr!

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know if you have to make a purchase in order to obtain a sample? My birthdays in ten days and I'm going on a samples quest but sephoras not in my budget.

(0) Hearts

I used the Mario Badescu site which didn't require a purchase for samples.  They emailed me to ask me if I wanted samples of the items that they had matched me with through their on-line survey.

I requested some samples from John Masters Organics last week and was expecting a few foils. Today, the samples came,I was shocked by the amount of samples they sent. 

IMG_2539.JPG

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments