CzaCee

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. :smileyhappy:

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? :smileyhappy:

estewart920

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

These are the samples I've received within the past few weeks (minus some that I've already used). 

I've gotten samples from:

Juice Beauty

Murad

Mario Badescu

Koh Gen Do

Nia24

Hourglass

Vbeaute

Ren

Dr. Hauschka

Living Proof

Jane Iredale

Everyday Minerals

I'm waiting on products from L'Occitane, Eve Lom, and Dr. Brandt. I will definitely be buying the full sizes of some of these products now that I've been able to try them. Mario Badescu's Ceramide Eye Gel is amazing!

Anyone else have favorite samples?

IowaFarmGirl

(0) Hearts

Nice! Are those lipstick samples kind of my the living proof stuff? If so, where are they from? Thanks :smileyhappy:

estewart920

(0) Hearts

They are lipstick samples from Jane Iredale. I've been using them since they came in and I love them!!

IowaFarmGirl

(0) Hearts

Jealous! I asked for a lipstick sample and they told me they didn't make them :/ How long ago did you get them?

estewart920

(0) Hearts

That's so strange! I got them in the mail sometime last week. 

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Very nice!!

ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

What is the best way with the tougher companies? Call? Email?

SirenPrincess

I don't know if it helps, but I try to provide some information that shows I've actually researched the product.  I state WHY I'm interested in their product or what I think I might like about it.  I think that comes across better than 'give me free stuff I know nothing about!'  Also if I'm currently using a competitor product, I state so and what I am hoping might be better about their product.  For example, I told Living Proof I'm currently using Aveda.

estewart920

(0) Hearts

I've always contacted companies via email, but I try to ask for samples of specific products. It might not actually do any good but I think it helps to show greater interest. 

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I'm thinking of contacting some companies for some samples, but i kinda feel bad :s 

neko333

(0) Hearts

There's nothing to feel bad about. They make a good amount of money off these products and the tiny bit they send you  doesn't add up to much. Even if it does they want to get you hooked to buy their product. Plus they figure if they send you samples even if you don't run out and buy all the stuff they send you, when you do go out to buy something, you will favor their company over others. Oh, and you're probably giving work to someone, and when there is work, there is a job that needs to be filled. They choose to send out free samples because it is smart business wise. They have as much to gain from it, if not more, than you do. 

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I would feel bad if I wasn't willing to buy their product if I like it.  But I do spend a great deal of money on make-up, hair care, skin care, and fragrance.  If I love their product, I will buy it, so really it's in their best interest to send samples if they stand behind their product.  Am I going to buy every product I've requested?  No.  Will I buy the moisturizer that seems the best for my skin of all the ones I've tested or the perfume I've liked best?  Absolutely!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I feel bad/guilty too sometimes. If you are not interested in the products, don't contact them just for freebie's sake, but if you are interested or are already using some of their product (and 40min away from nearest Sephora like me), that's ok me thinks. I've been raving about Koh Gen Do water and powder all over the place, so I don't feel guilty asking/getting samples from them. I didn't bother with living proof or Ren cuz I'm not interested in those brands.

And if you want samples without the guilt trip, just take the Mario Badescu survey a few times and it will offer to ship you samples without you having to explain yourself to a person. =X

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Got yes's from Ren and Koh Gen Do today! Can't wait to start getting things in the mail! :smileyhappy:

On a side note, I tried Bare Escentuals and was declined :smileytongue:

carolang

(0) Hearts

I finally tried this! I only emailed Living Proof as I was interested in comparing their new Perfect Hair Day product with the nourishing styling cream. I might try Ren. Only things I want... From my experience with Sephora samples they make me want things I didn't even know I wanted haha. LP is sending me stuff tho! Pretty cool!

sandy69

(0) Hearts

Wow, I was bummed I spent the money (26) on the Living Proof PHD 5 in 1, I wish I could have tried it.  I got the caviar CC cream, but I need VOLUME, and it didn't do much for me, so when I wash my hair Saturday I will try it.  I was down to 1 aveda volumizing prep, now I own, or got perks and am using 6, which I am mad at myself because you don't know what's not working.  I have to minimize again.  But thanks soooo much.  I would absolutely love to get some of these samples.

Thanks everyone for the way to get an "in" I am a disabled Chemical Engineer who made a ton of money and have 18 inch red hair extensions, (1400 every 3 months) so ya, now I have my own hair, which isn't bad, my stylist/owner of the salon new I made big money and grew up in the 80's.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Ok, you guys have me 100% motivated to try this now that I keep seeing all the great photos!

I've contacted L'Occitane (got a yes already!), OH, PTR, and Ren. I'm stuck on trying to contact Murad though- when I try to email them, it says my options are to contact about site feedback, product feedback, submit a success story, and change shipment frequency. What email did you guys use to contact them with?

ShimmerDust

(0) Hearts

How did you contact them?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Ohh, let us/me know if PTR says yes! I've had my share of OH but PTR has quite a few things I like and want to try.

sandy69

(0) Hearts

FYI, they are having a $5 special on travel sizes, like the retinol PM (should be like $35) and the unwrinkle pads, every travel item $5.  They are out of some, but I imagine they will restock.  So sign up for emails for PTR, and if you are will to pay $5 for a $35 worth of product, you're in.  I am never tried free samples.  But am now thinking of it!

SirenPrincess

I picked product feedback, I think.  As long as you get an e-mail in to the company somehow, they'll help get it to the right people.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 676 replies
  • 566 hearts
  • 133 in conversation
    • nikki
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • ginger304