CzaCee

What companies have you gotten samples from?

I just wanna ask what companies give out free samples when you contact them. I only know of Mario Badescu and L'occitane. :smileyhappy:

Who doesn't love free samples anyway? :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

Re: What companies have you gotten samples from?

I picked product feedback, I think.  As long as you get an e-mail in to the company somehow, they'll help get it to the right people.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]

PA080811.JPGThis is what I've received so far.

I got a "yes" from:

Jane Ireland

Living Proof
vbeaute (I got 5 different tubes, and I gave the anti-aging stuff to my mom)

Ren

Estee Lauder
Mario Badescu

Vichy

Murad originally said yes but when I told them I'm from Canada, they said they were unable to send samples to Canada...:smileysad:

L'Occitane gave me a flat out "no". (I guess I got someone who was in a bad mood...lol)

Still waiting for Mario Badescu and Vichy samples to arrive! :smileyvery-happy:

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

You got samples from Living Proof? They told me they don't send samples to Canada :smileysad:

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

They were a bit reluctant at first and told me that I can get samples at Sephora. I told them I live far away from a Sephora store (GUILTY I lied! :smileytongue:) so they agreed to send me some.

Prior to asking for my address, I had some nice e-mail exchanges with someone from their customer service and when I told her my hair concerns she wanted me to experience Living Proof.

I think I was the last person from Canada to receive samples from Living Proof.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

LOL they told me to go to Sephora too, but honestly, Sephora's containers are fairly small, a small container of conditioner wouldn't be enough for me for just one wash :smileysad: Really wanted to try the perfect hair day line, but my Sephora doesn't have the full range yet. So hopefull they will be able to offer me some samples. Thanks for sharing!

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]

LOL! That's why I lied. The samples at Sephora are so small, and my store is not so generous. They barely give anything, refuse to give a sample or if someone gives out more another cast member comes over and stops them from putting too much. That's why I hate asking for samples at Sephora. Even if I have $100+ in my basket, and I ask for one sample and they act like it's such a big chore...:smileysad:

I'm glad my little story helped you. Good luck with your sample quest! :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

It's interesting to say who they say yes and no to and what everyone gets.  Vichy told me no :-(  But L'Occitane told me yes within like 5 minutes! You got more from Ren than I did, but I'm still happy with what I get to try.  I wonder if address might factor into some of their decisions (like closeness to a retailer you could try it at).

What did you ask Estee Lauder for?  Perfumes?  That would be awesome!  I still haven't decided for sure which new perfume I might want to buy.  I am really liking MJ Honey, though!

MysticalAngel

For Estée Lauder I just asked for their new perfume "modern muse". I saw so many advertisements for it and I wanted to try it. 

You inspired me to ask Marc Jacobs. I sooooo want to try "Honey"!!!

Ren and Vichy just asked for my address and didn't ask any questions lol

but I am definitely surprised and excited that companies give samples so easily. So excited to try all these new goodies! :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

And Estee Lauder told me no :-(

Why is it the companies I already purchase from are the ones who tell me no to trying something new?  Maybe they figure they already have me.

MysticalAngel

(0) Hearts

Aww....:smileysad: 

Marc Jacobs, Hanae Mori and Dr. Hauschka told me no due to being Canadian....

sometimes being Canadian sucks LOL

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

SirenPrincess

Here's what came in the mail today!

free samples day 1.jpgLiving proof

Paula's choice

Marc Jacobs/COTY (OMG I love Honey!)

REN skincare

Jane Iredale (lots of foundation samples!)

Vbeaute

Dr. Hauschka

All were very fast and very generous.  I requested the samples Thursday night and got them Monday afternoon.  I'm very happy with the size of all the products sent.  Well, I had sort of been hoping for bottles from Paula's Choice as I've seen them send out bottles, and all those nice foil packs are only one day of product, and it's pretty hard to tell if skincare is going to work for you in one day of use.  But I'm grateful and excited for it all.  Can't wait to start trying things.

neko333

I received Paula's Choice samples today. I already opened some of them but will take pictures, along with some of my other used samples from Mario Badescu that I have not posted yet.

They sent me two boxes of the Hydralight sample kit. Each containing the list below so I have at least two of everything.

Day

1 Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser sample
1 Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner sample
1 1% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion sample
1 Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral Complex SPF 30 sample
1 Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion sample
Night

1 Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser sample
1 Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner sample
1 1% Beta Hydroxy Acid Lotion sample
1 Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion sample

They also sent me RESIST C15 Super Booster and  RESIST Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment. The Treatment I think I have 4 or 5 foil samples of and the Super Boost is in a little bottle with a dropper. 

They said they were going to send me makeup samples as well but I did not receive any. I wonder if it's being shipped differently or if it was something they just couldn't provide me with at the time so they sent out what they had. I'm pretty happy with what I got from them as they were really generous with the samples and I've already found something I think I like. 

sandy69

(0) Hearts

Oh wait, you got the C15 in a dropper, that's like $15......OMG

sandy69

(0) Hearts

OMG, and I have been paying for foil samples, but I forgot to get them at check out once for PC, and she set me up, but I then just spent $5 on samples then you get 3 free, but only limited.  I have been wanting to try the 10% and 5% AHA's, it would save me so much money then getting from Dr Gross, and I got the Vitamin C.  I try to mix with my serums like they say, but it falls in between my fingers.  The C15 is a new product and it really good!!!!  That's what keeps my doctor looking so good buts it's the 155 dollar Skinceuticals version.

neko333

(0) Hearts

The C15 is really good. I just started using it several days ago and several stubborn marks have already lightened. I've used lots of different skin lighteners to try and get rid of  a couple of dark acne spots that have been difficult over the last few months. Murad gave me a sample of their Post Acne Spot Lightning Gel and I find this one to work much better. I think this one is stronger and less irritating. The Murad worked but it took a long time (like most things) to see minor results and was slightly irritating (again like most lighteners I've tried). I think this one is the superior product and is worth a look especially to those who find these things usually irritating. 

ChicDabbler

L'occitane people are lovely. I did the live chat today to ask about what products are appropriate for me, the lady offered to send me samples right before I was about to ask. I didn't get any response from Mario Badescu the first time, but I did get the email about samples the second time I did the survey. The only difference was that I added some of the products into my cart, did not check out, not sure if that's what made the difference or if I just got lucky.

I have also gotten a package from KGD, I'm married to their cleansing water, for life. When I asked Hourglass for samples, they told me they don't send samples and go visit a Sephora instead.

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Hourglass told me no too, which is a shame because I'm seriously considering buying their foundation.  I've put it in my cart and taken it out several times.  I'm hoping to get one of the foundation samples in the Sephora Traveling Box.  Fingers crossed.

linda84

I heard Jouer sends out samples as well. I sent them an email and am waiting for their response! I hope to hear from them soon. I am in the market for a new tinted moisturizer!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I heard they did as well, but they responded and said they weren't doing so at the moment. :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 677 replies
  • 568 hearts
  • 134 in conversation
    • nikki
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • killahbabe
    • ginger304