wingatprsct

What are you thankful for?

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, what are 5 things you are thankful for?   I have so much to be thankful for.  It will be difficult to stop at 5.

I am thankful for.....

1) my loving husband who puts up with me on BT all the time and hardly ever complains about all the boxes that arrive at my doorstep.  After 28 years, he is still the love of my life.

2) my 3 teenage sons who so far, have stayed out of trouble and are polite and respectful to others.

3) my mom and dad (deceased) who brought me up in a loving home and could have spoiled me, but didn't.  I learned the true value of people and things and the difference between the two.

4) my brother who is so easy going, understanding, and helpful.  The burden of an aging parent often falls on the daughter's shoulders, but he has tried his best to help in any way possible.

5) my friends who I can call on to listen to my problems.  My BBFF's, you are also included in this list and I am so thankful for your friendships.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

(and Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadian BTs)happy-thanksgiving-2008-2.jpg

chouchou07

Re: What are you thankful for?

I am thankful to

God for making me breathe. 

My mother who raised me and my six older siblings all by herself. I am proud of her and all the single mother. Thank you mom

My family ( sister, brother, mother, grandmother, grandfather, nephews nieces, cousins, aunties, uncles). I love yall to death, and I mean it to death.

Thank you again God for giving such big and amazing family 

hypnoticpoise

My list -

1. God, Parents/Family and my BFF Laura.

2. My health

3. Summer of 2013 - I had the best summer of my life, I spent it with the man I love and even though it didn't work out, I learned so much and gained a lot of great memories & experiences.

4. That I'm growing up, and learning from my mistakes, and learning from others examples.

5. The fact that I was able to become Rouge this year. I spent a lot of money on things I really don't need (well maybe some of it lol), and when you have people who are scraping by in life, it is definitely a privilege that I don't take lightly.

Those are off the top of my head, thanks for reading :smileyvery-happy:!

wingatprsct

I'm glad you were able to make Rouge.  Yes, it's easy to lose perspective on what's important in life.  As much as I enjoy makeup and my time on BT, I try to maintain a healthy balance, not take my life for granted, and share with others who are less fortunate.

mimibel

image.jpgFiancé, kitties, togetherness, silliness/my health back, purple eye shadow. 

MikuNerd65

You look like you dress  Lolita-ish *0* soooooo cool!!!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy: Sometimes. We host both local versions of International Lolita Day but there are only a handful who like the street fashions here. But I like to dress up for cons. 

MikuNerd65

Omgish, I do too, but the only went 3 cons my whole life...1. was the Comic-con in Mesa Arizona, 2. the Saboten-Con in Glendale Arizona and last was the Kumoricon in Vancouver WA. I do wish to dress Lolita and that is why I want to go to Japan. 

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

Great post! 

I am thankful for:

1. God, who has helped me through some tough times.

2. My family who has always supported me in everything I do.

3. My close friends.

4. Having a job to pay my bills and have extra for whatever I want.

5. A new start in life; I feel like a new person.

makeupbyashley

I am thankful for 

1) my wonderful mother 

2) my best friends 

3) my loving animals lol 

4) my Yaya (grandmother in Greek)

5) my health 

happy thanksgiving to everybody :smileyhappy: 

glossyguru

I am thankful for...

1) Amazing friends that are always there for me no matter what

2) A super supportive family and everything that they provide for me

3) The little things in life that always make me happy

4) Memories that I can look back on and remember how truly wonderful they are

5) Snow! We didn't even have a White Christmas in Pittsburgh last year, but this year we'll have a White Thanksgiving!

spacesuit

this year i'm thankful for:

1. my incredible, supportive friends who have put up with me throughout this year, which has been very stressful for me.

2. finally getting most of my health issues under control, this one was a long time coming.

3. finally getting a new computer! it's not as nice as what i wanted, but it fit my (tiny) budget and i got it on sale. if i need something more powerful the local library has really nice machines for photoshop, etc.

4. finally graduating college after spending more years as an undergrad than most people i know. i feel like a huge weight's been lifted off me, school was a huge source of anxiety and now i can focus on job searching without worrying about whether i'll have enough time for studying.

5. honestly, really getting into makeup. it's been a huge self esteem boost and i think people take me more seriously now.

roxystar4

1. my son 

2. my husband

3. my home

4. my health

5. my son's cardiology appointment going well this week

6. clean water

7. good food

IMG_0726.JPG

My son at 3 weeks old

My son now!! :smileyvery-happy:

IMG_6042.JPG

wingatprsct

He is adorable!  Life is so precious.  We must not take it for granted.  I'm glad he is doing well.  :smileyhappy:

makeupmaven

That's amazing, glad to see how well he is doing!

lylysa

Roxy, no matter what photo you post up of you and your name, I just keep in my head the one of you two at Halloween with fangs! Love that shot! :smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

lylysa, I love those pictures! your post made me smile 

lylysa

And your son is adorable! ^_^

Urbie

What a great topic!  Love everyone's lists and pictures!

This year I am thankful for:

1) My wonderful boyfriend, who helped me stay sane during our cross country move this year

2) Our families, especially our parents- one of our big reasons for moving was to be closer to them, and I am so thankful to be able to see them more than once or twice a year!

3) Our dog, who is not very bright, but the happiest and cuddliest dog in the world

4) The opportunity to pursue my dreams, as well as having found the inner strength/determination to do so.

5) For always having had a roof over my head, food to eat, clothes to wear, and so many other things that we don't even think about until they are taken away from us.Mothers Day 1.jpgIMG_0313.JPG

properlylost

1.  My husband. He's the most wonderful man I know and I'm so thankful I met him. Being around him is always my favorite part of the day and makes me always feel safe, warm, and loved.

2. My family. My side because it's nice having a better relationship with them than in the past. My husband's side because they're all so close to each other and it's nice to be a part of that now.

3. I'm thankful that we're much better off financially this year and I've been able to afford to indulge myself with more beauty stuff and not feel guilty about it.

4. I'm thankful that we found and adopted our kitty Javik this year. After my other cat passed I was so devastated I never thought I'd feel better, but he helped me heal and we both love him so much.

5. I'm thankful that I've never had to go hungry and have always had a roof over my head.

makeupmaven

Very simply:

Thankful for everything my spirit could ever possibly need at my fingertips.

There are so many things we can "want", but acknowledging that we already have all that we need (and the ability to be/ create/ call forward anything you may need in the future). My interpretation of God may not be "religious", but I do believe that this divine force knows what we need before we even have to ask for it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, also thankful for a board of beautiful, talented, smart, and funny people like you to interact with! <3

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 159 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • kirstensf
    • marydiva