What are you reading ?

[ Edited ]

I am a book lover! I would rather read than do anything else! So just outta curiosity, What are you ladies (and gentleman)  reading? What's your favorite genre?

I just finished Blood Vivicani by Beckett 

And I am starting a reread of The song of Ice and Fire (the game of thrones series)

My favorite genre by far is horror and Fantasy.

Re: What are you reading ?

I thought it was you! <3 so much, because it has confirmed some things I'm suspicious of over the past eight years. As a tomboy and ostracized early from girlfriends, I didn't quite understand why some interactions would turn cold and bitchie. My flat pan face that I got from dealing with guys probably hasn't helped either. whoops.

And chapter three is all about the male vs female perspective, I didn't want to put it down. lol.

Also, I went against my inclination and bought it used because the Amazon reseller said it had notes. Score! I love the previous owner's annotations and dogears.

You recommended this one too I think.

Bauman.JPG

[ Edited ]

yes I did! that book totally changed my skin care routine. I made copies of sections that matched my sister's type so she could start following the advice too. Did you read that book? What did you think?

I get most of my books from the library first. I read a lot of non-fiction. If I like a book a lot, I usually give it to my husband to read (we have similar interests) and if it's something I love, then I go buy my own copy. LOL

The library here isn't as accessible as I would like, so I'm still relying on King County digital. I will be so sad when I finally get cut off. They didn't have it, and you specified anyway that it was key to get one of the earliest editions. I was able to get a HC 1st, haven't dove into it yet. My recumbent bike is supposed to show up this week, so I will probably be able to start reading this after getting done with ItCoW. Really excited to finally have some advise instead of going off of always trial and error from the choose-3-samples wheel!

(0) Hearts

The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money and Miracles by Marianne Williamson. The world would be a better place if more people read this book.

Right now I'm reading American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. 

(0) Hearts

Tishomingo Blues by Elmore Leonard, love that guy!

[ Edited ]

I just finished Cape Storm By Rachel Caine andI have a tendency to juggle books so I picked up my current slack and am now reading 4 books

5060378.jpg

The girl who played with fire - Stieg Larsson

10964.jpg

Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

44175.jpg
Rash - Pete Hautman

19288043.jpg

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

love the girl who series and gone girl! I want to see the movie, but I'm sure it won't be as good as the book (as always :smileywink: )

Those other two look interesting I'll have to check them out!

I think Played With Fire was my favorite of the trilogy. I'm almost done with Mockingjay so I'll read Gone Girl next too.

I am just finishing up my current book. I think I am going to read Gone girl next also!

currently reading
When you are engulfed in flames - David Sedaris
A Clash of Kings - George R. R. Martin

(0) Hearts

I've just finished a re(re-re-)read of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy,  and Patrick Rothfuss's The Wise Man's Fear.  I tend to reread books I like a lot. 

I'm starting to read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. 

Has anyone mentioned the Outlander Series from Diana Gabaldon?  It's classified as historical romance but the writing is fantastic.  

(0) Hearts

I LOVE Outlander! I finally read it last year after a friend recommended it many years ago. I devoured it - and the rest of the series. I've gotten many friends hooked on it, too. One friend was reading it at red lights (!), and another locked herself in the bathroom at work.

Don't let the length put you off. These books are outstanding! And I cannot WAIT for the Starz series!!

(0) Hearts

I am a big reader also!! My favourite genre is historical fiction.  I am currently reading "The girl you left behind" by Jojo Moyes.

just finished " Perfect" by Rachel Joyce.

(0) Hearts

is anyone on Goodreads???? :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Not yet, but I definitely wanna join! I do a lot of browsing on Goodreads; are you on it? If so, what do you think of it?

(0) Hearts

Join! I like it :smileyhappy: Helps me keep track of what i want to read, so that is nice :smileyhappy: Plus my fiance's mom is a librarian and she checks my goodreads and sometimes gets me books haha

(0) Hearts

Yeppers - I like it when I remember to update my books. Now that I saw the barcode scanner option on my app, I think I'll be catching up on my reading list. :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

I like to read historical fiction, mainly mysteries with female sleuths. I've started a series about an former WWI nurse turned detective and I'm on book three Pardonable Lies, by Jacqueline Winspear.

upload_467805512719658942.jpg

(0) Hearts

I love this series! Maisie is a great lead character.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments