mityren

What are you reading ?

[ Edited ]

I am a book lover! I would rather read than do anything else! So just outta curiosity, What are you ladies (and gentleman)  reading? What's your favorite genre?

I just finished Blood Vivicani by Beckett 

And I am starting a reread of The song of Ice and Fire (the game of thrones series)

My favorite genre by far is horror and Fantasy.

ladymeag

Re: What are you reading ?

(0) Hearts

I'm a fan of fantasy, sci-fi, hard-science fiction, general/classic fiction, and non-fiction that generally falls under social sciences. 

I'm currently at the tail end of Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle (which is a trilogy of trilogies, basically) - I'm in the third volume, The System of the World, seventh book, Currency

Up next I've got A Feast for Crows by GRR Martin - I've been reading these for what seems like ever. I like to read one book from the A Song of Ice and Fire series and then read one light-hearted something (recently: Vincent Calvino Crime Novels by Christopher G. Moore like The Risk of Infidelity Index) and then something else, like one of the books in the Stephenson series, then something else light again, then more Martin. It spaces them out - it's not like we're getting the next book anytime soon! If I get stuck, as one can do with these, I treat it like starting a new volume and space it out with the same cycle of books.

properlylost

(0) Hearts

I just finished reading The Pastures of Heaven by John Steinbeck and started Cannery Row by him as well. I really enjoy classic literature and fiction the best.

Haven121

I just started the 2nd book in Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I am usually not Into sci-fi, but I thought I would try something different.  I am so glad I did!  So far they are full of whimsy, utter ridiculousness, and fun!

lyravega

(0) Hearts

I LOOOVE Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I could read it over and over and over again! :smileyvery-happy:

bvnny

Oooh, if you like horror you might like the Let the Right One In book. It's the one both the swedish and american movies were based on. A really different take on living as a vampire...being 12 for a very long time and watching your lovers age =(

MakeupJunkie666

I loveed that book and the Swedish movie! 

roxystar4

The Davinci Code (Ok so I am way behind on this one).

melanito

(0) Hearts

What is the blood vivicani book like? would you recommend it?

linda84

I am currently reading The Book Thief. It is still too early to decide if I like it or not, but I have only heard great things about it!

The Game of Thrones series has been on my reading list for months now! So many books so little time!

WhereYouStand

just finished City of Bones By Cassandra Clare &  am currently working on Catching fire the hunger games book 2 by Suzanne Collins.

MakeupJunkie666

(0) Hearts

The Mortal Instruments are my current obsession! You have got to read the prequel trilogy The Infernal Devices.

dolceloure

I'm reading Harry Potter a l'ecole des sorciers :smileyvery-happy: I've read the HP books in English and Spanish, and now attempting to get through the French ones. Aaaaand when my brain starts to hurt from all the French, I switch to Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham. Hoping to get through at least one of these books this weekend!

glossyguru

I just finished reading City of Bones, as well as The Mark of Athena. The next book in The Heroes of Olympus series is The House of Hades, and i'm so excited for it to come out in a month. Lol the books are so young for me but idk I like them.

mityren

(0) Hearts

I consider it light reading. Get away from the heavier stuff which I also enjoy. Kinda my escape. I loved reading all the Twilights and Harry Potters, too. I'm unashamedly a Potterhead.

consolvo

[ Edited ]

I've finally begun "reading" Dr. Maya Angelou's 7th autobiography, Mom & Me & Mom

She's my personal hero and a national treasure and I love hearing her speak. So when I heard there was an audiobook release, read by the author, I was all over it.

LuckyLuLu13

Just finished a truly creepy horror book about mutant bed bugs of all things. I am now waiting for the new Stephen King to on sale (9-24). I have collected his books from first to last. LOL.

MakeupJunkie666

Stephen King is a GENIUS! Loveee him.

midnightangel

I've been going through The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe for awhile now. I keep having to put it down because I'm so busy but I will get all the way through it! I've already read most of the pieces in there anyway but I kind of like reading through them in chronological order.

Got another book on its way to me right now so the giant Poe book is going to have to take a backseat yet again. :smileytongue:

nebel

I am obsessed with british detective fiction.

From Sir Conan Doyle to modern writers, I LOVE IT.

Right now I'm reading The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr, which isn't *british* detective fiction but it is turn of the century historical american detective fiction, so I'm liking it ok.  It is the sequel to his novel The Alienist.

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Nebel Have you read any of the Michael Robotham books?  I love the Joe O'Loughlin series.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Sir Conan Doyle is on my list!  Watching Sherlock on BBC makes me want to read the originals - which, I suppose, is backwards...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 167 replies
  • 158 hearts
  • 76 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • itscarin
    • michelleshops
    • hydee77
    • melanito