Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you listening to?

Makeup is my second love, but music has always been my first! Despite not being musically inclined at all, I am obsessed! I don't go a day, or usually a few hours, without listening to music. I love the fact that a song can trigger so many emotions, memories, and completely change your mood.  I am on a never ending search for new artists, so tell me: What are you listening to right now? Do you have a favorite record/band/song? 

Re: What are you listening to?

It's going to be a sailboat, in the water at night. With my top five favorite songs incorporated into the scene. Time To Waste will be in the waves, my all time favorite song by them. Ruin It will be the name of the boat. Love Love, Kiss Kiss will be the mast. Off the Map and Into the Night will be the sails. 

That would be an awesome tattoo, where would you put it? 

omgggg @Samtian i love that idea! those songs are amazing. what a beautiful, thoughtful tattoo. do you have any yet?

and i have no idea! i haven't gotten a tattoo since i was 18, so i'm so torn on placement. 

i have so many ideas though!!

@unfungirl I have the Roman Numeral IV on my right forearm for Coheed and Cambira (guess how many jokes I get about that) , and I have a quote from the song Only One by John Butler Trio on my left shoulder blade. I'm also wanting New Politics, Twenty One Pilots, Bring Me The Horizon, and an AFI tats as well. 

@Samtian we must be sisters from another mister. music is my true love! i have an old school star tattoo from emo kid days on my back between my shoulders. i never got any more, thought i coveted many- especially a little prince or where the wild things are piece!

AFI! i am getting so nostalgic haha.

@unfungirl Ooh a tattoo between your shoulders! I can't do that, my quote tat hit my spine in a few places, worst pain ever. AFI is my brothers favorite band, we saw them in Jan. I want to get a quote from Love Like Winter with a custom Queen of Clubs card on my left thigh. 

A little prince or wild things piece would be amazing!!!

Ooh music is my heart and soul! ❤️ Right now my current favorite song is Wish I Knew You by the Revivalists. My music tastes are indie/alternative/folk. The Banjo is the sexiest instrument, in my opinion.  I just saw Saint Motel, Misterwives, and Panic at the Disco last night. Concerts are the greatest things ever. Sadly for me, its a 4 hour one way drive to go to concerts. I get to chose between two cities, 4 hours to either one. I love "hipster" music, music that hasn't made it big yet. I also like some punk music. 

hi @Samtian! music is my boyfriend ❤️

i'm a big indie/emo/punk fan too! i do love some folky music too- ani difranco will forever be in my heart.

i've seen saint motel a few times! they played here a few years ago before they got "big" and blew me away. they have great energy!

we have a decent music scene in cincy, but i often have to drive to cbus or louisville for bigger shows.

live music gives me life!!

i'm a big fan of "hipster" music too- i love discovering unknown artists and watching their progression.

have you ever heard jen wood? you should check her out if not- i think you'd like her!

xoxo 

@unfungirl I'll check her out. It's weird but I have don't like most female singers. I have no idea why. Last time I saw Saint Motel they played my favorite song, this time they only were able to sing like 5 songs 😞 Benny Goodman not included. 

@Samtian i love female singers! but some can be a bit annoying. sleater-kinney is my ultimate favorite i think.

that stinks they didn't play your favorite song! benny goodman and cold cold man are 2 of my faves.

I'll start!! Right now, I am loving the new Lorde song. I have been listening to her first album a lot. And old school girl rock like sleater-kinney, le tigre and liz phair. I just discovered this group called French for Rabbits, and they have a beautiful, melancholy type of sound perfect for studying.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • upload_1019686972251791922.jpg
  • IMG_2773.JPG
  • IMG_2780.JPG
  • IMG_2782.JPG
  • IMG_2781.JPG
testing