sangova

What are you getting/doing for your husband/boyfriend for Valentine's day?

There's a thread about Valentine's day, the author mentioned it's not for her boyfriend.

I don't know what to make or buy for my guy. He always buys me a nice gift for this day, and I make a dinner :smileyhappy: But this year I'd like to buy something too. 

What do you usually do?

BrennaBombshell

Re: What are you getting/doing for your husband/boyfriend for Valentine's day?

(0) Hearts

I bought my boyfriend the Jack Black Performance Remedy Body Rehab Scrub and Soak. It smells amaaazing and is perfect for long, hard days on the construction site. It soothes muscles and scrubs away the dirt. It smells like mint and eucalyptus and makes the bathroom smell yummy for hours! (I gave it to him early :smileyvery-happy: But I'm buying him some other Jack Black products for the actual day)

anb0906

(0) Hearts

I volunteered to work night shift, so people who celebrate the holiday can be off. (My husband and I do not celebrate this particular holiday, due to the history behind it. I won't go into details, but it isn't a 'hallmark holiday' like you would think.)

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

My sister & her husband do not celebrate either.

To each their own. :smileyhappy:

anb0906

(0) Hearts

Annnnndd I don't need Valentine's Day as an excuse to be romantic :smileywink:

I'm more of a spur of the moment kinda lady.

Planned romance isn't for me, but I guess that will probably change when I finally have kids. Lol

bvnny

(0) Hearts

I'm getting my husband nice pajama lounge pants, a book to read, a very cute Super Mario Bros. 3 Valentine's Day card where the end of the level has a heart to capture. I'm also getting him two cd's he's been eyeing but are hard to find :smileyvery-happy: ...That's it so far, but I'm sure I'll find more.

He's taking me to a metal show, where we can drink beer and be ridiculous all night...so romantic <3 <3 <3

myxducky

My husband and I usually buy each other cards and then he usually picks up a box of pastries from a place I really like and we share them :smileyhappy:.. and then we usually do dinner as well.

Londonlover101

I don't know what to buy for my crush, anyone?

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

When I was just 'dating' or in high school, my go-to gifts for crushes were always cologne! A nice cologne is always a good gift for someone you aren't too serious with, I  believe. What guy doesn't love a nice smell? :smileyhappy:

mafan

Probably just a card. I can't think of anything that he would want right now. Last year I was just glad to do something because the previous year he worked really late and I was on my own and it wasn't fun. 

He always gave me books for years instead of cards, and then write notes in them. Then he ran out of things he thought I'd like that he could find in the store. So last year I said I missed it  (and it wasn't like he'd bothered to get a card) so we looked around and he bought me the Star Wars trilogy in one book. He took the book and wrote all kinds of silly notes in various parts of the book. I wonder if Terry Pratchett's new book is due out before Valentine's Day?

Teresaanne92

My SO is getting a ps4 this year. We're avid gamers and theres a few games coming out this year that he wants so now seems like a good time to get it. ^.^ We'll honestly probably eat at Olive Garden, come home and play ps4 together and that be the end of it. We really don't like to go crazy on these holidays. We don't really like romantic things. :smileyhappy: He tried getting me flowers and chocolate (the cute little heart boxes that have varied kinds of chocolate in there) once but I'm terribly allergic to flowers and nuts so we have a no flowers and chocolate rules. lol 

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

I collected all of our wine corks, so I was going to buy a shadow box and put the corks in it and pin some pictures, but I'm not too sure yet. But we are going to try a French restaurant that I've been wanting to try.

jenjendoitagain

Ahhh, the crafty one! I am like that too! I have been saving wine corks for some time too so I can make a cork board! :smileyhappy: That darn pinterest and it's crafts have got me hooked!

edittedddd.jpg

LOL. Sorry, I had to. Sometimes I do feel like this. :smileyvery-happy:

SydBristow

I will be giving mine forgiveness for not getting me anything.  :smileyhappy:  (He's not big on such celebrations, which I guess is fine because then I don't have to feel obligated either.)

We tend to do things for each other during the year anyway, more spontaneously, which is fun. :smileyvery-happy:

DesertRose0706

Last year my ex bf wanted a pocket knife.  The brand he wanted was Havalon, I guess they have really nice knives for filleting (like fish and meat). I got him one and he loved it.

sangova

Thanks! I'll check it out. My BF likes knives too :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

cool, i just ordered it from their website, and it came with several blade replacements.  I think i found a discount promo code to use too, so be sure to Google promo codes if you get one! :smileyhappy:

jojobe

We do not normally celebrate Card Holiday's mainly because we do things like this for eachother all of time, not just one day out of the year. He will bring me flowers because he had a good day at work or we will ditch the kids and go to the movies. If you can only make eachother feel loved and appreciated one day a year, really what is the point of being in a relationship?

mychoi

"ditch the kids"

bahahahahhahahaha

jojobe

Our oldest is 15 so she is ok to watch them at night when we go do something. I try not to make her the babysitter all of the time though.

sangova

(0) Hearts

I agree with you! For me it's just another reason to do something special for him, like a movie night with a twist :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 45 hearts
  • 20 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • killahbabe
    • marydiva
    • jojobe
    • mafan
    • kssweetheart