Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What are you Reading?!

Hey guys so i notice the old thread was kinda dead so i thought would start a fresh one 🙂 

Se feel free to share what you are reading,  what you have read,  what you plan to read, recommendations and your  " to read'  choices!!! 

I'll start!! 😄 

Recently finished reading "Sins of the House of Borgia" by Sarah Bower and it was AMAZING!!! I definitely recommend it  it has to do with the family but about on of the lady's living in their castle helping Lucretia.  its a fictional twist on the history which i love! 

im stuck in that era right now and love the borgia family 

i have a few others on my currenty reading list that involve members of the borgia family as well as during that period in time

and I'm hoping to get a kindle from my bf for christmas.  if not  gonna see if theres a good boxing day deal on it 🙂 

oh and heres my current need to read pile 🙂   if anyone wants to know whats in it let me know 🙂 

image.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Re: What are you Reading?!

Currently reading (more like starting) Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Still undecided on what I should read next...there's so many! I'm into thrillers and love stories with unreliable narrators. Any suggestions?

@Anonymous if you like thrillers with unreliable narrators check out 'the girl on the train' by Paula Hawkins and 'before I go to sleep' by sj Watson. Both were awesome!

Anonymous Insider

I did read Girl on the Train last April, but since the movie is coming out soon I might reread it. I'll have to check out Before I Go to Sleep. It seem like an interesting read. Thanks @janedoe13 for the suggestions! 

Anonymous Insider

I just started Tao of Jeet Kune Do by Bruce Lee. Man, is his philosophy ever deep! It's a great book if you're into martial arts, or any combat sport really. Other than that, I'm not sure any of you all would be interested haha 🙂

Apparently I am binge reading this weekend LOL

I finished:

18122.jpg

The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) - Philip Pullman

47212.jpg

Storm front (Dresden files book 1) by Jim Butcher

17158976.jpg

the beautiful ashes  (broken destiny book 1 ) by Jeanine frost 

now working on: 

38447.jpg

the handmaid's tale by Margaret Atwood 

🙂 

You have excellent taste! I love Phillip Pulman's Dark Materials series, and Margaret Atwood is my favorite fiction author! Have you read her Oryx and Crake/Maddaddam series?

thanks! 🙂  I have sadly read only the one book so far by Margaret Atwood. but I will look into the Oryx and Crake/Maddaddam Series. as I loved the handmaid's tale! I also heard that the robber bride was good by a friend any thoughts on that one have you read that one? or cat eye also looked interesting...anyways let me know? 🙂 

Hi Whereyoustand,

That's impressive! What was your favorite out the four that you read? I wanted to read The Handmaiden's Tale, but heard mixed reviews. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi janeanbt it's  hard to say which one I would pick they all were good reads but nothing to brag about they were all about the same level around. none really sparkled one made me laugh more then the others and that would be storm front. I would say that I liked the ending best out of amber spyglass and the handmaids tale. as for  beautiful ashes, it has a sequel coming out in a few months so I am refraining from forming a complete opinion yet on where it left off.:) hope this helps.  

just finished reading the Amber Spyglass (his dark materials #3) - philip pullman

Currently working on & almost finished with: Storm Front (the Dresden Files #1) - Jim Butcher

Anonymous Insider

Sadly, I haven't read a book in awhile. Awful, isn't? What do I read? Comics. Comics. And more comics. My favorites are Marvel:  Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Daredevil, Groot, Carol Corp, Squirrel Girl!!  DC: The New 52 Wonder Woman, the DC Comics Bombshells. Image: Mythic and Saga. 

Hi Vaashtii,

I am currently reading Civil War by Mark Miller in preparation for the movie adaptation. Happy Reading! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Anonymous Insider

It was hearing about the Civil War that really got me into reading comics. I started by just reading the graphic novel. But now I have a Marvel Unlimited account and so I read the whole event. It is AMAZING. 

But I don't think the movie is going to follow it too closely.  They just haven't introduced enough characters in the Marvel Universe to pull that off and it would be hard to fit it into one movie. But I am still insanely excited for the movie!!!

As much as I love Marvel, I will get lost in the black hole of having to read every superhero and villains back story, so I just read the Marvel Encyclopedia! 

My sister and I were discussing that there is no way the comic and the movie will align as you said, they have not even introduced half of the characters. (They messed up big time with the Fantastic Four reboot). I am excited nonetheless! 

I am on a YA kick, so my next book is An Ember in the Ashes. So far, so good! 

A few more good books I have read lately is Dangerous Girls and Sharp Objects. These are more thriller/ "who-dun-it" type books, but very good reads. 

Hi All,

I am currently reading The Heir by Kiera Cass. This is a continuation book from The Selection Series. (Any YA book fans?) So far, I am pretty entertained and like the story. I am excited for 2016, so I can start the Popsugar Reading Challenge! 

If you are looking for a new book to read , I suggest The Lunar Chronicles. It is probably my favorite book series that I have ever read! 

Best Wishes and Happy Reading,

Janean

the lunar chronicles is amazing finally finished winter recently! can't wait for the release of stars above which is a series of shorts. 0.5, 0.6 1.5 3.1 & 3.6) 

and super excited for "heartless"  which looks like a new series taking on my favorite classic with a twist on wonderland. (which is already quirky as is) 🙂 

I love the Selection Series! I'm patiently awaiting the final book!

The Lunar Chronicles??

Never heard of  lol 

Great topic for a thread! I'm currently reading Haruki Murakami's lastest releases, "Wind/Pinball" and "The Strange Library". 

how are they?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • 20e491b890bb19b9_PS15_Love_2016ReadingChallenge_Pin_List.jpg
  • 47212.jpg
  • 17158976.jpg
  • 18122.jpg
  • 38447.jpg