tashalicious

What Classic makeup Looks Do You Like?

from any era, i really like the makeup looks from the 60's, (bold eyes and pale lips) what are some of your favorite retro looks?

jennjenn123

Re: What Classic makeup Looks Do You Like?

(0) Hearts

1940s, hands down.  I love the simple eye and full brows.  Oh and the hair!

ashhay

(0) Hearts

I love the makeup from the 1940s and 1950s. I like the smoky eyes from the Marlene Dietrich movies of the 1930s. I like the Cupid's bow play on lip shape in  the 1920s....maybe this is why Betty Boop is still popular today. I also loved Brooke Sheild's full eyebrows from the 1980s. I think thin eyebrows are just aging for for most face structures.

wingatprsct

I love Lauren Bacall's simple eye and bold full lips from the 40's and early 50's  She spoke with her eyes and heavy eye makeup would have been a distraction. 

Favorite line - Lauren-Bacall.jpg"You know how to whistle don't you?  Just put your lips together and blow..."

CzaCee

Audrey Hepburn. Her makeup is the perfect natural looking but so sophisticated looking makeup. does that make any sense? lol. i love love love everything about her! period.

audrey-hepburn.jpgcn_image_size_cover-may-2013-audrey-hepburn.jpg

clarks18

I was born in the wrong era.  These looks are beautiful.  I love the styles from the 40's, 50's and 60's.  I can't pick a favorite.

consolvo

I have to go with Twiggy! :smileyhappy:

twiggy.jpg

tashalicious

Wow that's a gorgeous pic , that's what i like the bold eyes and pale lips

missjr

I loved Dorothy Dandridge's makeup and hairstyle from her Carmen Jones publicity still.  I especially love the hairstyle, which looks as if it was created with pin curls, and her makeup looks flawless.

Such a timeless beauty!

dorothy-dandridge retro.jpg

wingatprsct

My mother (86), in lieu of getting a perm, still puts sets her hair in pin curls at night.  She puts rollers in the front to create bangs.  Her curls are so pretty and soft and less frizzy and tight than perm curls.  I remember when I was little, she used to finger plat her hair in waves starting at her side part and coming down her face.  I'm glad she quit doing that!

janinebt

I'm a big fan of makeup looks from the 1950s. Winged black liner, false lashes, red lipstick, and a matte porcelain doll looking complexion.

swfupload_6411005447320415153.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
laurabt

Hi Tashalicious, I really like the 1940s era makeup.  Simple eyes with black liquid liner, defined brows, & a bold red lip.  I think this classic style looks great on everyone! :smileyhappy: -Laura

1940s makeup style.jpg

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

that is pretty and it seems to be making a comeback !

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • ashhay
    • consolvo
    • janinebt
    • missjr
    • clarks18
    • wingatprsct