gogreyhound

What Beauty "Rules" Do You Break?

So, as I was playing around with some makeup and applying what is most likely way too much for a trip to the store, it got me wondering...

We always read about beauty "rules" like not using eyeliner or even mascara on your lower lashes, not wearing shimmer shadows on your lids if they are crepey, etc.  

I prefer shimmery shadows to matte. Not glitter, just shimmer, and yes, I am almost 50 ( but I do have nice skin). I always use at least a little liner on my lower lashline, and always mascara upper and lower. I like to use highlighter, even during daytime..and who cares about the season? If I am in a pastel mood and it's Winter, or in a gunmetal mood and it's Easter, I will wear it.

What about all you BT rebels out there?

YouAreAlways

Re: What Beauty "Rules" Do You Break?

Agree!

YouAreAlways

Psh, I have always worn a ton of mascara on the bottom, and a thick line of black. And LOVE it. Not raccoony though. 

Teresaanne92

I do this as well! I don't like my eyes without tons of mascara on the bottom line and i usually have some eyeliner or eyeshadow on my waterline/bottom lid. I do what I want!!!

YouAreAlways

Raccoon wonnabees unite! 

DesertRose0706

I comb my hair with a fined toothed comb...when it is WET!!! I am a rebel, I tell you!

Supposedly thats bad and is supposed to cause breakage/damage to the hair, but i do this right after i apply conditioner to my hair in the shower, and it makes my hair super soft!

HelloCoffee

I don't always agree with the "don't match your makeup to your outfit rule".  The infamous Kelly Osbourne example that shows up here is probably why that rule was invented in the first place:

images-1.jpeg

but sometimes, matching can be really cool.

Unknown.jpegimages.jpeg

gogreyhound

i forgot that one!! i may  not match my shoes and bag, but if I am wearing a royal blue shirt, I will do a cobalt eyeliner!! I love that!

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

Yes!!!!  The bold, colored liner is the best!!!

SirenPrincess

I think it's the age ones that bother me the most because a lot of people really believe those!  I think you only are old when you start acting out.  If I want to wear glitter lip gloss, then I'm going to!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

me too! That's what makes the world go round...we are all individuals! I don't like reading the magazine articles that suggest you should do this or that, but not that...or have one signature fragrance--like anyone could have ONE bottle of perfule! gasp! 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

perfume, I meant

oklady2013

Rules? What rules? you mean like no white shoes after Labor day or before Memorial Day, no shiny face products during day time tc? Well, my dear rules were made to be broken. I think I've broken every one of them, most by the time I was 12 and I just keep on breaking them. I say wear what you love when you want & ENJOY it.

ChicDabbler

.....wait, there are rules?

I do what I like, say "thanks" when I'm complimented, and shrug when people find my outfit/look weird/strange.

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

Amen to that!!

nebel

ALL OF THEM.

haha, i wear whatever colors I want, when I want to.  I'm over 30, but i'm still sometimes still rock miniskirts.

Bold eyes AND bold lips?  YUP.

I am totally a rogue rouge.

jenjendoitagain

You can't wear white after labor day.

Um, since when do other people get to tell me when and when not to wear something?

My mother would always remind me of this 'rule'. Ugh, I just never cared. I thought it was amusing, actually. My clothes. My body. My choice.

Also, I have red hair and I wear red lipstick! *gasp!* If the mood strikes me, I'll rock that red and make it look fabulous!

malday

(0) Hearts

Even when my hair was straight up red I always wore red lipstick!

LindenAnn

ppfffftt. White whenever the hell I want. I have a pair of white pants I call the @ss pants because they make my figure look so good, so yeah I wear those all the time. :smileyvery-happy:

Ditto on the red hair and red lips, although I'm only a tiny bit red.

jenjendoitagain

I have a few of those pants that are my booty pants too! hahah! I love my boo-tayyy! :smileyvery-happy:

LindenAnn

Agreed! It's funny though, normally when I wear them I just get guys being more attentive/polite (like holding the door; yeah, I know why you're doing it...), but one time this guy just came right out and said "Those pants fit you real good!"

I about choked trying not to laugh.

jenjendoitagain

People always say "chivalry is dead"...well not if you are rockin' some good jeans!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 107 hearts
  • 31 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • ashhay
    • malday
    • ChicDabbler
    • ladymeag
    • mityren