Well, Ulta sucks. Any other holiday shipping woes?

AmyRai

Well, Ulta sucks. Any other holiday shipping woes?

[ Edited ]

Did anyone else get sucked in to Ulta's cyber monday and still not even get a shipping notice?

roxystar4

Re: Well, Ulta sucks. Any other holiday shipping woes?

(0) Hearts

I'm not a fan of Ulta (if you've been on here a while, you may remember my used palette thread- I bought a palette from Ulta and it seriously looked used!) I resisted the urge to by the shaving kits from them and after reading this thread, Im so glad I did

dolceloure

Having issues with Ulta too, so you're not alone! I placed an order on the 2nd, and as of today, the 7th, it still hasn't shipped out. Not that surprising, as they're always a bit slow with shipping, but still. Almost a week and counting, and I'm also having my doubts about whether or not my order will go through, and whether or not I'll get my free gift w/ purchase I had added to my order. :-/

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

Mine shipped on Wednesday.  Considering I ordered late Monday night, that's pretty good for them.

Urbie

I didn't order from Ulta, but I am really mad at Macy's right now.  I ordered a really nice gift for my boyfriend at a great price on Cyber Monday, and I just found out (only because I hadn't gotten a shipping notice and went to check out the site) that the item is backordered and the expected shipping date is 12/24. No.  Just, no.  Not only that, but they still have the item up on the site and it doesn't say backordered or sold out, even if you go to check out.

I called them and the best solution they could give me was to print out my online receipt, bring it to a physical Macy's, and "ask if the store would honor the online only price."  They would not call the store on my behalf and tell them to sell me the item at the price I paid for it (I've had DSW and other stores do this for sale/clearance items).

Terrible!  Anyways, my boyfriend's bday is in January, so I guess he's getting a nice birthday present, and it is back to the drawing board for me RE: Xmas gift.

mplsblonde

[ Edited ]

Hi Urbie,

I am so sorry you are going through that with macys. . . i would be going bonkers at them.  i know it doesn't help (and customer service should have called a store for you) but i go into macys all the time showing them an on-line price on my phone and they ALWAYS honor it - i live in the vicinity of 6 macys stores and they always help me out.  plus i think it is friends and family at macys so you would get an extra 25% off.  

good luck

Urbie

(0) Hearts

Thanks mplsblonde!  The problem was that it was a Cyber Monday special, so the price (about 70% off regular) is not valid any more.  That's why the rep suggested that I ask about it in store. :smileysad:  I still might try it though.

AmyRai

[ Edited ]

That's terrible. I hate going to physical stores this time of year.

Urbie

Yup, me too.  I am an intense online shopper, but I hate actually going to stores.  I live in NYC so the lines are ridiculous at best.  Pretty much everything else I ordered has arrived or shipped, so I am crossing my fingers that Macy's is my only mishap!!

lilyyy

I'll be livid if my order doesn't have the free bag--that's the only reason I ordered from them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 92 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • shyvicki
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • pearlgirl7
    • stephyd216