AmyRai

Well, Ulta sucks. Any other holiday shipping woes?

[ Edited ]

Did anyone else get sucked in to Ulta's cyber monday and still not even get a shipping notice?

Kiki1517

Re: Well, Ulta sucks. Any other holiday shipping woes?

(0) Hearts

Awe sucks you're having issues. I've only ordered from Ulta once before and shipping was fine. I placed my CM order at 12am PST and it shipped out on 12/4, which isn't bad timing at all. Package is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday, however when I look at the tracking info, it's already at the sorting facility here, so hopefully I get it Monday :smileyhappy: I usually shop in store at Ulta.

EllieyJelly

(0) Hearts

Ulta shipping is slower but I received all of my tracking info a day or two after Cyber Monday. I received my Black Friday orders pretty quick actually. It was only 4-5 days including weekend. So just 2-3 business days.  Ulta point system and discounts are better better you get more and their 20% comes 4-5 times a year. Their beauty months done twice a year are amazing. I have about 4000 points I'm waiting to redeem because I'm waiting for spring releases. I probably live closer to a distribution center? I'm happy with Ulta. 

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I've only ordered from Ulta once online a long time ago not during a holiday and if I remember correctly, it took ages to get to me.  I was better off going to the store right around the corner from my work! 

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

i still haven't received anything from Bath & Body works! :\ But today they have a Buy 3 get 3 free ANYTHING, so I'm going to stock up on candles! ^.^

bvnny

Bath and body works were late with my order too (changed delivery date twice). I wrote them an email about it and they refunded me shipping + some. You should try that :smileyhappy:

person11

(0) Hearts

I made Cyber Monday orders from Ulta and Bath and Body Works and neither one has shipped.  Pretty sure I won't have them in time for my work Xmas party next week.  Uncool.

reflectsgold

I ordered with ULTA for the 1st time on Cyber monday(the 2nd) and mine has not shipped either. I would cancel but i ordered 2 real techniques setting brush and the sale price was really good. 

I also ordered from coastal scents same day and that hasnt shipped either. :-/

sugarkenzie

Hang in there.  I picked up a set of six Real Technique brushes and they were really soft.  It's my first set, looking forward to trying it out.

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

yup they're really nice. i have most of their brushes and my favs are the expert face brush and the setting brush. 

Heatoyos1

(0) Hearts

My Ulta Cyber Monday order shipped on Wednesday, 12/4. It was originally scheduled to be delivered Wednesday, 12/11, but it is now scheduled for an early delivery on Tuesday, 12/10. 

I kicked myself for not placing a second order to get the silver bag, as well, but maybe it's for the better--not too sure about Ulta. I think I prefer Sephora in almost every way (shipping, returns, website, physical stores). 

Missie772

Ulta shipping is absolutely horrible! I just got my shipping confirmation for Cyber Monday! And I shopped on Sunday night at 11:30 pm! And I live in Cook County... the SAME county as the Ulta warehouse and it still takes days for it to ship to me!

I hate they they ship UPS and then when it gets into Chicago, they transfer it over to the Post Office and that it takes days for it to deliver. Once, it arrived to the post office at 12:05 am on Saturday (technically it could have gone on a truck to be delivered that day). I didn't get it until Wednesday! Why in the world would it take so long when it arrived in Chicago on Saturday morning???

sugarkenzie

Someone else from Chicago!  Hey neighbor =)

The same thing happened to me.  It'd be faster if I could just drive to Hodgkins IL to pick up my Ulta package... 30 minutes vs. 6 days.  

Missie772

(0) Hearts

I know right??? I was like I WILL DRIVE THERE TO PICK IT UP!!! It sucks because I like ordering online (eBates plus the Cyber Wednesdays deals) but it takes so long to get here!!!

sugarkenzie

(0) Hearts

I just got my package!  After I finished wrapping presents =( 

I'd wrap the items in the Ulta box on Sunday, but we wanted to go to Christkindl market.  

I do prefer online shopping too since I get more samples to try that way.  Sephora definitely frustrates me less than Ulta.  How does a package from Baltimore get here faster than a package from Hodgkins?  It just blows my mind.

MonopolizeMe

Wow I'm so sorry about all the bad experiences you guys have been having! I order from Ulta all the time and I don't think I've ever had a significant issue. I placed a few orders with Ulta during BF, and they all arrived last Wednesday. Before I became Rouge, I had  loads of issues with Sephora and how long they would take to send out my orders...Also, Macys, UGH I completely agree with what another BTer said about the whole backordered thing because that happened to me too!!

Another thing that could be delaying packages, depending on where they're being shipped from could be the winter storm that has basically crippled a lot of the nation. I don't know if this is the case for Ulta, but I placed an order on another website and I was getting annoyed that it hadn't shipped yet (when another order from the same store had already been delivered!) but I got an email from them that said "Due to recent severe ice and snow related weather conditions across the nation, we are experiencing delays in delivering packages. Your order is on the way but it may arrive 2-3 days later than expected." The email also came with a $10 off coupon for my next order, so I was definite appeased

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I was going to state that as well. Anything that I have ordered through other companies that use Fedex say "Delays due to winter storm" at the top of the tracking page. 

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

I hate them. Their shipping is almost as bad as Haute Look. At least Haute Look has a good reason in that they don't actually hold the stock of the items.

I purchased my Lorac Pro Palette from Ulta based on the fact that they were offering a Lorac primer AND a CC cream free with a $30 purchase. When I got my palette it looked like it had already been swatched by somebody and on my packing slip it said that both of the free gifts with purchase were OOS. Had to spray my palette with alcohol to sterilize it just to be safe. 

The only stuff I buy there is drugstore stuff when they have specials on them -- like the Maybelline eye tattoo colors for buy one get one 50% off or 50% more for the same price for my shamp/cond. 

Plus the way their website is set up is so unintuitive. Clearly designed by a guy who has no clue. No love for Ulta here. 

gongju87

You know whats really insane?

I placed an order on the 2nd...still hasnt shipped out!

I placed a seperate order yesterday cuz they sent me an email with some good deals...and it shipped last night!

Talk about consistency!

sugarkenzie

[ Edited ]

I ordered from Ulta on Cyber Monday for the $40 sample bag, Real Technique brushes and the Art of Shaving kits (for the men in the family).  

I placed the order on 12/2.  The package was shipped on 12/4.  Tracking information showed my Ulta package as "DELIVERED" on the 12/5, but when I went to pick up my package from my building's doorman, the package was nowhere to be found.  My doorman told us that whomever received this package was not an employee of my building impatiently, after we bugged him 3 times in a span 24 hours.  When we finally got in touch with UPS, we were told that UPS "DELIVERED" the package to USPS and USPS will be delivering the package to us.  USPS then claimed they came to deliver last night 12/6 around 6 and there was no one here.  And now, delivery is scheduled for Tuesday.

This really put a damper on the present wrapping this weekend.  I was so looking forward to the package too, and now I feel like we have to tip the doorman extra for the holidays because I feel terrible for troubling him repeatedly.

Just a little background, the Ulta package was shipped from Hodgkins, IL to be delivered to Chicago, IL. I don't know why it takes 6 days to to receive a package within the same state. None of the Sephora packages that I received in the past ever took this long  to get to me. Now I remembered why I buy from Sephora and not Ulta....

Edit:  I guess I was a little confused on the timeline of my orders.  Too much holiday shopping.  Reading some of your experiences, sounds like I was lucky my package even shipped... Sephora > Ulta

anaa

(0) Hearts

I rarely order online from Ulta but when I have they haven't shipped as quickly as Sephora does.  That is even during non holiday times.  I was thinking of buying Naked3 from them so maybe I will go to my store to do so.

jennjenn123

(0) Hearts

My Ulta order hasn't shipped yet either.  I also wanted the Art of Shaving Kit to give to someone, plus I ordered a set of Real Techniques brushes on sale because I really can't justify spending money on pricier brushes for myself.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 92 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 47 in conversation
    • shyvicki
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • anaa
    • pearlgirl7
    • stephyd216