ShinyMagpie

Weird Sephora things we do...

Okay girls. Spill it. What are some of the weird things you do?

Here's one of mine:

I don't know if I'm the only one that does weird stuff like this but I have 'cart sitter' products in my cart. Stuff I wasn't going to buy but stuff that was over $25 so that I could set up whatever promo and/or perks I wanted for my next purchase and my three free samples. It's usually something from my loves list that I'm not ready to purchase yet. Then when what I do want comes along I add it to my cart and quickly remove the 'cart sitter' products and check out pronto. I am strange. I do know this. :smileyhappy:

oklady2013

Re: Weird Sephora things we do...

lllyyy count me in! YES it really IS that kind of a day. LOL

rainbowveins084

For the 20% off sale, I made a spreadsheet where I typed in each item I wanted in A.

Column B would be full price, column C I would calculate tax, Column D would be 20% discount, and then I had column D subtracting discount from full price and adding tax (I dont think you get a discount on tax).

I would THEN sort items in increments of $50 to maximize my sample redemption.

Last but not least, I would calculate my cash back I would get from Discover rewards and then revel in all of my unnecessary purchases just because I was getting such a good deal!

hydee77

Before they revamped the website, I would act as if I was placing an order just to see what the perks were. :smileyhappy:  At the time, I didn't know of any other way to view them.

sbowden

1. I stalk the sale section.

Like for real, not just every now and then... I now KNOW that the sale section updates at 12:30 and 6:30 pm est EXACTLY and get mad at myself when I forget and check it late.  

2. I wander around the store aimlessly looking at things that I want to buy, and I never buy in store because I can use promo codes online, but I always check out their perks and their own sale sections...  And I always buy something small to see if I get samples or not.

3. I read through the posts people leave on Sephora's Facebook wall for kicks sometimes because people complain about the silliest things and I find it so entertaining.  (Sorry Sephora)

4. Not me, but my roommate who hates Sephora but comes in with me sometimes heads straight to the brush holders to play with the little plastic balls inside them.  And she gets mad if she can't find them.... She also plays with the little squirt bottles.  She's tried finding them to buy before but no such luck.  

lilyyy

When on vacation, I visit as many Sephora stores as possible just to see what it's like. While in Vegas I went to 3 in one day.

killahbabe

I did the same thing! I hit up the Sephora at the Venetian, Forum, and Fashion Show in one day! Then realized by day 2 that perhaps I should've spaced my shopping out a bit more and that I no longer need to be in Vegas for 5-6 days and that weekend trips are probably best. haha.

sbowden

Hehe sometimes I do that just in the area I live in alone :smileyhappy:

My family always hits a mall at some point during a family vaca, and I was in NYC recently and OMG is that Sephora HUGE! I couldn't handle it, but unfortunately it was closed so I didn't get to try :smileysad:

marydiva

I always have a full cart too! :smileyhappy: I also keep a shopping list in a Word doc organized into categories and sub-categories with prices and the "priority" level of buying them. That way, I always know what I want to purchase next. I can tell I'm going to qualify for Rouge 2015 realllll early in 2014, although I'm trying to make myself spread my purchases out over the year so I can use more fun promo codes. 

lilyyy

Have you heard of the Amazon universal wishlist? You can add items from ANY website, AND sort them into several different lists with priority levels and comments.

sundaespal

If you have Pinterest, that's another great place to create a wishlist. All the pictures sit there all nice and pretty. Sometimes I catch myself staring at it.

SirenPrincess

I do this.  Like daily.  Even when it's not Christmas.  It's like window shopping online.

ShinyMagpie

Gah! I did not need to read this. So it's like amazon wish list pinterest? Oh lordy I can just see myself adding all my beauty stuff and organizing and prioritizing it now. 

lilyyy

YES, it is EXACTLY LIKE THAT. Don't read this either then...

You can add an universal wishlist BUTTON and its one-click to add things to your wishlist directly from your browser. You can even do it on your phone!

ShinyMagpie

I am in trouble now. I can see I will be spending some seriously focused time on my laptop in front of the tv with the hubs tonight. 

I love how we enable each other here. :smileyhappy:

lilyyy

I add comments like "use with promo 123456 to get a free mini perfume" and "use ebates for 8% cashback". I only do this to help out anyone that is getting me a gift. hahahaha!

sbowden

WAIT I am always forgetting ebates that is such a good idea

lilyyy

Download the ebates toolbar! It is staring at me in the face right now with a big red button that says "active cash back".

sbowden

You're dangerous! *runs to download*

midnightangel

I take a handful of eyeshadow applicators every time I pass by a Sephora. Those little ones that they leave out for testing. I literally have a bag of them at home and use them every time I use eyeshadow. lol I figure why spend $2 for the same thing in the drugstores when Sephora gives them away for free? :smileywink:

sundaespal

I'm always stuffing my cart full of stuff to see how much it would cost me if I just bought all I wanted instead of being conservative with my purchases. I call it "dream shopping"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 146 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • marydiva
    • misscg
    • lmi82