ShinyMagpie

Weird Sephora things we do...

Okay girls. Spill it. What are some of the weird things you do?

Here's one of mine:

I don't know if I'm the only one that does weird stuff like this but I have 'cart sitter' products in my cart. Stuff I wasn't going to buy but stuff that was over $25 so that I could set up whatever promo and/or perks I wanted for my next purchase and my three free samples. It's usually something from my loves list that I'm not ready to purchase yet. Then when what I do want comes along I add it to my cart and quickly remove the 'cart sitter' products and check out pronto. I am strange. I do know this. :smileyhappy:

ladymeag

Re: Weird Sephora things we do...

I know the current total of my wishlist - both if I bought the restock what I already own products and if I just bought new to me products - at all times. It's a weird thing to do, but I'm glad someone else has a version of it! 

mychoi

I'm so stubborn!

when I'm at the sephora in stores, I swatch items and look at which ones I like more.  Then when I make a decision on what I like most, I ask a store employee's opinion.  If she gives me a different choice than what i made, I thank her and totally ignore what she says.  :smileytongue:

lilyyy

Anyone else swatch items they already own? I'm guilty of this!

warriorwitch

I do, usually as a comparison for something I am looking at.

lilyyy

I SO wish we could all take off work and magically transport to the Sephora flagship in Paris and play with all of our sample stashes! (It is THAT kind of day.)

warriorwitch

I'm packed and ready to go whenever! LOL :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Online: I definitely do that ALL the time.

Instore: swatching EVERYTHING instore, stare into space in the middle of the store cuz I forgot my shopping list as always, then proceed to the register with a cheap little thing.

#IamWeird, #IknowToo.

warriorwitch

I do that sometimes, until I get sick of the emails telling me to buy it already. XD

If I am having a bad day I like to reorganize my stash. Doesn't actually get moved around a whole lot but I take everything out of my train case and see if I can tetris it in better. Its a long process cause I have to look at everything, and usually get an idea for a look I wanna try. :smileyvery-happy: By the time I am done I am happy as a kid in a candy store.

lilyyy

How about when you get an email saying that something brand new is in stock and whoops! Thanks to BT, you already bought it. :smileywink:

1cros3nail4givn

If I'm ever in the mall, I always feel the need to go to sephora and use their products to try a new style that day or touch up my makeup. Like when your a kid and you sit there with your make up game trying out all kinda new styles just for the heck of it. Lol 😁

misscg

I do the same thing, lol.

Yesterday I was in store looking at things I was planning to buy online. I know I looked a little weird going from brand to brand looking at stuff and not buying any of it. (to be fair I did buy stuff from the SIJCP that's in my mall before I went into the regular one.)

i stay on BT all day 

I refresh the sale page and check my loves hourly to see which oos products came back

....ok I officially have no life lol...but it keeps my alert while I'm doing mommy things 

ShinyMagpie

I refresh the sale page and my loves list all the time too checking for OOS stuff. 

This is why I wish we could organize our loves lists like you can on amazon. I have seven or eight pages of loves right now and it can be hard to find stuff when I'm in a hurry. I would love to be able to categorize into nails, skin, makeup, gifts, bought but didn't like -- so I remember not to buy it again, own and love, and so on. 

I also spend a crazy amount of time on BT. :smileywink:

lilyyy

OMG. I also add a ton of things to my loves list just so I know when they're out of stock--things I have no interest in buying!

swanbeauty

Oh yes... I do it too!!  I also keep stuff I am interested in, on my loves list so I can find them fast and check out before things go out of stock (sales, VIB events etc.).

I am constantly checking the 100/500 point promo threads on here and putting stuff in my basket, just to see...  hehe.

1cros3nail4givn

Same nothing I have actually tried is on my loves list. It's all just stuff I'm interested in trying and want to remember what it is.

lilyyy

I do that too! Another weird thing I do... I like to "play" with my samples. Not really open or test, I just take them out of this giant box and organize, sort through, and move around. My boyfriend thinks it's crazy.

SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

Resource hording! :smileywink:

KIDDING!

SallieSunshine

I do this, too! I keep my Birchbox boxes and sort samples into those. Then I remembered the label maker. My BF came home late one Friday, I had the coffee table *covered* with samples and labels and boxes. I was trying to devise the most efficient (labeled) storage system for sample products. I must have looked like a crazy person because he just shook his head and walked into the other room.

mlmac

I have a gross problem of sample sorting.  Hair, fragrance, skincare, makeup,samples to give to male friends, samples to give to female friends and other random craziness. 

And then from there I pull things into a small makeup bag that I want to try out and when I use them up I grab another sample.  I have a huge problem with samples overtaking my space right now and am even having my two daughters use them up!

lilyyy

A few weeks ago I made a grand gesture in front of the boyfriend where I divided up makeup bags with samples and put everyone's names on it. Then in a bout of greed, I dumped everything back into my samples box. :smileysad: Soooo much shame here.

Redemption! I finally did give away those samples, but much later than anticipated.

mberteig

Hahahahaaa!!  I love it!  Good for you!  I am hoarding my samples for the moment...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 146 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • marydiva
    • misscg
    • lmi82