Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Weekend Focus Group: Sephora Asks

Hi BeautyTalkers! We love the great answers you always give on our Sephora Asks board, and we have a few more questions for you!  We'd love to get your feedback on the questions below. Leave your answers in this thread!

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever?

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands?

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance

Re: Weekend Focus Group: Sephora Asks

Lip Balm with SPF! I hate having dry lips!

Mario Badescu products. They are awesome, but difficult to get.

Constantly, I am always trying new things and brands.

Formula performance for sure, I don't like wasting my money on things that are sucky just because I like the brand!

I cannot leave without mascara, EVER. I don't really have a product I must have that Sephora doesn't carry, although I was looking for a Clinique Chubby stick in a color the store didn't have. I LOVE to experiment with makeup all the time, the more the merrier. If I had to chose, I'd chose performance over name brand, although the brand usually gets me to try a product, unless I hear rave reviews about it.

1. The product I cannot leave home without is a good lip balm. Right now, I am in love with Korres lip butter. 2. I am not sure about this. I think there are some items from the Clarins line that is missing from Sephora. 3. I love to try new beauty brands and products. I wouldn't know what I like if I didn't try it! It is also fun to try new stuff, even if it's not something I would typically buy or use. 4. I would choose formula performance. A name is just a name and if it doesn't work, I don't want to spend my money on it and it would end up getting returned.

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever?  A toss up between the Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme-Plum Collagen Lip Shine & the NARS Laguna/Orgasm duo

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?  Eve Pearl!  I LOVE her products!!

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands?  Its always fun to try new products!  Always on the hunt for the latest & greatest 🙂

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance  Definitely Formula Performance.  It doesn't have to cost a fortune to look gorgeous!

Hi - I hope I'm not too late, here are my answers:

1 - Can't leave home without something for my lips. Gloss, Stick, Stain, or Balm, gotta have something.

2 - Fave brands that you don't carry, Phillip B, Lipstick Queen   ***Duwop, Bourjois and Lip Fusion  *pretty sure you used to have all of these three brands (duwop, Bourjous and LipFusion - think you have 1 duwop left) Have some others, can't think of right  now.

3 - I find I buy things but don't always try products as quickly as I should. I do really enjoy trying new things, you never know what's out there (new/better ingredients). I love getting Deluxe Samples though, then I can try them a few times and see if I really like them. Then will purchase and have a much better chance of liking. I hate returning things so this is a great option for me. Also Liked the Mascara sampler set I bought not long ago, that's fun. Missed the Summer Sunscreen Kit with Multiple Products, can't remember correct name, that was a huge bummer, was in my cart and then gone that night of early next morning, super disappointing 😞 That would've been a great way to check out new products to come back and purchase. But, yes, I do like trying new things. Your skin changes and obviously your skincare and makeup need to change with it. Do have some core items I often end up coming back to.

4 - Performance. Although, their are certain brand names that will sometimes sway me or help me decide if I'm uncertain or on the fence and can't decide between 2  or more similar products.

Hope this helped, great questions.

SPF Lip Balm. My lips tend to dry out easily, and SPF is a must, too! I like The Healthy Lip Screen SPF 30!

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?

I love Fredric Fekkai products. I miss them!

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands?

Whenever a new product catches my attention, I usually end up trying out other products from that line or brand.  I love trying new brands and discovering new things I love!

I would definitely rather have a product by an unknown or unpopular brand that worked great than a big brand name product that was inferior!

Josie Maran Argan Mini Color Stick in Petal Pink and Burts Bees Lip Shimmers!!

Origins Rain or Shine lipstick!!! I would also love to try Chanel makeup and please bring back TheBalm makeup!!! Theres barely any TheBalm stuff for sale. Boo.

More than I should. Everytime Im near testers/friends/familys makeup.

Performance.

1: La-Roche Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Sunscreen 

2: La-Roche Products, their sunscreens in particular. 

3: Constantly, I'm always on the lookout for something new.

4: Performance, I really don't care who makes a product (as long as it's not a line that I know causes my skin to break out).

1.  Lipbalm/lipstick with SPF; 2.  I would like to see more variety in haircare items; 3.  Frequently; 4.  Performance

1. What product can you not leave the house without, ever? Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose 2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry? I haven't came across one 🙂 3. How much do you experiment with new products/ brands? As much as I can afford. I love the Sephora Favorites to try different brands I wouldn't have normally picked. 4. If forced to choose: Brand Name or Formula Performance Formula Performance

- Lip balm with SPF (there's so many good ones without SPF, boo).

- L'occitane Angelica SPF15 lotion. Basically more L'occitane stuff. Estee Lauder would be nice, too.

- Frequently. I check new arrival page every Tues and order once per month (3 packets + 1 deluxe sample of new things every month + purchased new items). I keep a list of products I've tried separated into 3 categories (buy next time, ok/will use but not buy, terrible).

- performance.

1. What product can you not leave home without, ever? - I can't pick just one!

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry? - Not a specific brand but I would really love to see more "medium sized" brush sets available for decent prices.

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands? - Constantly!

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance? - Formula Preformance.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. 

2. What must-have beauty product does Sephora not currently carry?  Shu Uemura cleansing oil(s).

3. How much do you experiment with new beauty products / brands?  Quite frequently.

4. If forced to choose: Brand Name OR Formula performance.  Easy. Formula Performance

Anonymous Insider

1. Rosebud salve lip balm 2. Mario Badescu. I LOVE their stuff and its a pain to have to order from them. I would rather pick it up at my local Sephora. 3. I'm always trying new things. When I'm not fully satisfied with a product, I go out and buy something else. 4. REN
55 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing