annonymous1

Wednesday Questions!

[ Edited ]

i feel like we haven't had these in a couple days, so here they are for Wednesday :smileyhappy:

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm?

5.) Best kind of bubblegum?

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter!

1.) Over the weekend i went to teavana and i found a teapot that i loved, the guy went to tell me it was 85.00 plus tax, i ended up buying it...as i was walking to my car i thought what a bad purchase it was an returned it right away lol 

2.) i feel like i'm much younger then everyone else on here, but i was in 3rd grade in class, everyone was really scared but i didnt really know what was going on.

3.) Purity Facewash Gel, its the only thing i can find strong enough to remove my eye makeup in one step. i've been using it for years and then i recently heard a bunch of you day you wernt a fan, i was surprised

4.) Yes, i have the wrap around leather one, and i have a charm my dad gave me with a crown that says my princess on it :smileyhappy:

5.) I liked big red when it was around, i can never find it anywhere anymore.

6.) Winter! 

waterbaby1981

Re: Wednesday Questions!

(0) Hearts

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?  Right now, Clinique CC cream and Purity cleanser.

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?  I was 19 and sophomore year wasn't starting for another two weeks, so I was home and asleep when the first plane hit.  My dad woke me up and I went into his room to watch the news...I was just in time to see the second plane coming in.  Then there was the news for the Pentagon and I distinctly remember Dad saying that the first plane wasn't an accident and there's likely another heading for the White House (after the Pentagon hit). Sure enough, there was the one that went down in the field.  We spent most of the day just watching the coverage.

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?  A lot of Clinique products, actually.  The skin care line specifically...it works well for my sensitive skin, so I don't generally mess with my skin care.

I don't.  They're very pretty, but I can't justify that kind of money.  Not to mention the fact that the jewelry I *do* have is expensive, because I'm allergic to nickel.  I'd much rather spend that kind of money toward another trip to Hawaii or an eternity ring for our 10th anniversary in a few years.

5.) Best kind of bubblegum?  Most gum makes me sick, but Doublemint and Spearmint do not.  One of the sugars in the others is what does it, so if I do get gum (which is rarely) I have to read the ingredient label very carefully.

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter!  Fall, hands down.  Ashley's birthday, my birthday, Alyssa's birthday, Thanksgiving, and beautiful fall colors.  It's also not as cold as winter...just wet and rainy!

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

1. A dress (about $80) never wore it anywhere and don't think I will.

2. At work. It was on the televisions and all the radios.

3. I love Marc Jacobs Honey - but the reviews are mixed on BT

4.Hardly know what that is. Those things are expensive right?

5. Extra Desert Delights

6. Winter

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Theyre pretty expensive, i never buy my own charms i always receive them as gifts from my family. 

lmi82

[ Edited ]

1. I can't think of anything. With something that is ridiculously expensive, I do an extreme amount of research before I buy it. Actually, I usually end up missing out on an item because I didn't just "throw caution to the wind" and buy it.

2. I was in the 4th grade. The TV was on in the classroom and I just remember being in shock while watching it.

3. Benefit Boo Boo Zap. It's a good spot treatment, but not a miracle worker. I guess some people just expect it to do more. I think if it did, it'd be way more that $16.

4. I don't own a pandora bracelet.

5. FRUIT STRIPE! This gum is a big part of my childhood. It's the first thing at comes to mind when I see the word "bubblegum."

tumblr_lfpclipiB71qd7uzco1_500.jpg

6. Fall! I think fall has the best weather. It's not too hot and it isn't too cold. Winter is my least favorite season. I just don't like the cold or the snow and definitely not the ice!

BeautyJunkie325

I loved Fruit Stripes gum.  It doesn't taste the same not though. :smileysad:

kalex

(0) Hearts

Yipes!  Stripes!

Loved that stuff when I was a kid!  Too bad it only tasted good for 2 minutes though.

lolo01

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

Well now that I know I can return regrets Ive been doing just that but I do feel a little weird returning stuff to Sephora :/

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

I was working at a Nursing Home I was 18 and I honestly thought it was the end of the world! So sad!

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

Amazing Cosmetics Concelear and Hourglass Immaculate Foundation

No pandora for me

Orbit's Sweet Mint :smileyhappy:

Fall!

sephoralovex

I'm not quite sure... I always make sure before buying something that I wont regret it. Maybe the total amount of money I've spent on drugstore makeup in all that I regret. Because literally almost everything I've tried from the drugstore I did not like. There are maybe 2 or 3 products but other than that, big waste of money cause I kept buying and buying from the drugstore and never got to test it out before buying them.

Yes, elementary school.

NARS turkish delight gloss, many people have said they dont like the consistency or payoff.

Nope.

Any.

Fall, defiantly.

dannyc

1. I'm not sure... I carefully consider every big purchase before I make it; car, clothes, furniture, home appliances, makeup, skin care... maybe some of my designer shoes that I don't wear (Jimmy Choos, Loubs, Fendi, YSL...) since I hate heels. They are o pretty though :smileysad: 

2. Yes, already mentioned it in the 9/11 thread... I was a freshman in college and I was driving to work when I heard it on the radio. My school was close to the city & we were quarantined for a few days due to air quality. 

3. NARS Orgasm, La Mer, UD primer potion in Eden

4. Nope, I tend to not fall into mass market trend traps

5. I don't chew gum... gum causes more germs to crawl in your mouth, but I always have mints on me. 

6. Winters can be brutal in NJ, so I guess fall. Although I tend to get sick more in the fall due to the constant change in weather and pressure. It was chilly the past few days & now it's in the high 80's & really humid. My sinuses are on full attack mode & it's not fun. 

spoiledbrat

feel better sniffles:smileyhappy:

Spoiler

BeautyJunkie325

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?  I've never spent anything significant on items that weren't worth it.  Like tashalicious, I am a total bargin hunter.  So if it is questionable, I'll wait. 

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?  I was at work & got a news update from CNN.  I called my house to see what was going on.  We spent the rest of the day praying for a friend's (who is from NYC) family & friends in NYC.

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?  I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm? Nope, I have a James Avery charm bracelet that my BFF and her daughters bought me after the youngest was born.  My 2 fav charm on it are my "Precious Aunt" & TX with a heart cut out. 

5.) Best kind of bubblegum?  Grape Bubblicious for bubble gum & big red for regular gum.

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter!  Fall - Halloween is my favorite holiday!

Corrina777

Hmm, nothing stands out in my mind, although I seem to having a reaction to something in my recent skincare purchases--I'm so over this sensitive skin/weird allergies thing.  Not really ready to overhaul YET AGAIN

Yep.  Retail days (after college, while I was trying to figure out what to do with my life).  Opening manager at Limited Too at the Danbury Fair Mall in CT.  Didn't find out about it until almost 10 because my shift started at 8am and there was no radio in the store.

So far, I've been impressed with Purity Made Simple, but a recent flare up of something is making me reconsider

I'm not really a huge jewelry person in general, so no.

Was never into bubblegum

Fall.  I love the smell in the air, the colors of the leaves and the slight chill in the air without it being ridiculously cold

ilovetopurplefy

1. The Urban Decay BoS 4. I was super excited for it and I've only used 1 color out of it. :smileysad:

2. I was in the 1st grade and I was saying the pledge when the first plane hit the first tower. My dad was supposed to be on the plane that hit the North tower but he overslept and missed the flight. My mom couldn't get a hold of him until a few days later and was in hysterics.  My friend's dad was also supposed to be on the plane that hit the Pentagon (he was a flight attendant back then) but he was moved to the flight that was the day before.

3. Any of the Clarisonics. I love my Mia. It helps keep my cystic acne down and greatly improved the texture and reduced the hyperpigmentation of my skin.

4. I do not have a Pandora bracelet.

5. I love Trident. It's the only gum I chew.

6. Fall!! I love seeing all the upcoming trends and fashions from Fashion Week. I would love to go to both the Spring and Fall weeks just once.

crayzeeRN

I am so thankful for you that your Dad overslept- that must have been so terrifying for your family, I can't even imagine.

tashalicious

1. i can honestly say i have never spent a ridiculous amount of money on anything, i've always been a bargain hunter.

2. yeah i remember, i hate reliving it every year though, i'd rather focus on the healing.

3. Hope in  Jar moisturizer

4. i don't

5. Trident

6. Fall because its not too cold and its easy to put a very chic outfit together.

bratknits

1.) I tend to be careful with spending but I'm sure there was a pair or two of shoes along the way.

2.) I was home and then calling my boyfriend (now husband) but the phones in the newsroom were slammed and I couldn't get through for hours.  Didn't see him for a couple days because of the non-stop coverage.

3.) Vaseline/petrolatum.  It gets a bad rap.

4.) No.

5.) None.

6.) Fall, pretty colors, little snow.

kelsey808

(0) Hearts

1. I bought a pair of ridiculously expensive pink Salvatore Ferragamo heels when I was in the Bahamas, I was much younger and my style has changed so much I rarely wear them ):

2. I was in school (2nd grade) and I really don't remember much but when I came home my dad was soooo upset (being a Marine at the time) which I thought was weird because it was his birthday

3. BB cream! I guess it just doesn't work for some people but it has literally changed my makeup life, it just looks so natural and makes my skin look 1000x better even when I take it off

4. Yes! my favorite is my Buddha charm

5. I don't chew gum anymore, I used to 24/7 but I couldn't after I got my tongue web pierced and never really got back into gum

6. Winter! I love being able to wear huge coats (:

annonymous1

Omg i love the buddha bead!

kimchikween

1.  I bought one of those Dyson bladeless fans...looks cool but doesn't work any better than other tower fans
  2. I was in Dallas for training and could hear fighter jets overhead (was near the airport).  The training facility had no TV's and limited internet (this was awhile back), so we didn't really know what was happening after 9 Central Time.  I couldn't get a hold of some friends and was kind of freaking out.  Eventually they got messages to us (this was before Facebook).  Thankfully, I drove to the training but others had to find other ways of getting home to California, etc...
  3. Can't really think of one
  4. No Pandora bracelet
  5. Don't really chew bubblegum anymore
  6. Fall and winter are about the same down here but Fall!

kimchikween

I had to add a post-9/11 story.  Not too longer after, I was in Boston for work and on the way back, the lines were really long, soldiers with big guns, etc...  Of course, most people understood, but couldn't help be frustrated.  Then, I see something in the distance...near the front of the security line...hearing people laughing and clapping...What the ?!

I see some curly hair bobbing up and down...then finally...Richard Simmons!  He was trying to cheer people up in the line - in his usual way...  I guess he had just arrived and saw the line and figured he could make it his own receiving line :smileyhappy:

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I flew to Houston the week after 9/11.  I was one of only 20 passengers on a normally full flight.  When I got to Houston there were more military personnel and Continental airline reps in the airport than passengers.  It was really spooky.  My flight home a little over a week later was a little more normal.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • kalex
    • dannyc
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa