annonymous1

Wednesday Questions!

[ Edited ]

i feel like we haven't had these in a couple days, so here they are for Wednesday :smileyhappy:

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm?

5.) Best kind of bubblegum?

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter!

1.) Over the weekend i went to teavana and i found a teapot that i loved, the guy went to tell me it was 85.00 plus tax, i ended up buying it...as i was walking to my car i thought what a bad purchase it was an returned it right away lol 

2.) i feel like i'm much younger then everyone else on here, but i was in 3rd grade in class, everyone was really scared but i didnt really know what was going on.

3.) Purity Facewash Gel, its the only thing i can find strong enough to remove my eye makeup in one step. i've been using it for years and then i recently heard a bunch of you day you wernt a fan, i was surprised

4.) Yes, i have the wrap around leather one, and i have a charm my dad gave me with a crown that says my princess on it :smileyhappy:

5.) I liked big red when it was around, i can never find it anywhere anymore.

6.) Winter! 

sephoramusthave

Re: Wednesday Questions!

(0) Hearts

1. caudalie premier cru la crème $150

2. I was 12 when it happened. I saw it on TV at home.

3. KVD lock it tattoo foundation

4. nope, I haven't worn a bracelet or a watch in years

5. I haven't had gum since last December (no joke) but I love anything minty

6. FALL

janinebt

(0) Hearts

1.) La Mer. It didn't really work well for my skintype, the gel is marvelous though.

2.) I do! My school was closed for the day so I ended up just spending time with my best friend who already had the day off after a long weekend camping trip. We played the Sims and tuned in periodically to hear what was going on in New York. It was a scary day, our nation literally stood still.

3.) Soap & Glory's Hand Food! It smells incredible, but a lot of people don't care for it.

4.) Nope, I'm really bad with charm bracelets and anything that involves collecting different parts.

5.) Orbit I guess?

6.) Fall.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Candy357

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it? Oh crap, I really don't know. Or I can't remember.

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack? Yes, I was un-employed, hubby called me and I thought it was a joke or some movie stunt gone wrong. Ugh I felt so stupid. :smileysad: I just couldn't believe that could happen or did happen to NY. A place I love from afar and never been to. But have always been obsessed with it.

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like? I am not sure, I don't really pay attention to the hate comments if it's working for me.

4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm? Nope, I don't like jewelry much.

5.) Best kind of bubblegum? Bubblegum lol , the original flavor. But I love Orbits one.

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter! Winter, I love all the white and how pretty and clean everything looks. hahahaha

annekevdb

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it? There have been items of clothing that I just thought afterwards I must have been delusional. There was a really expensive (about $300) DKNY sweater that was supposed to tie up in a bunch of different ways and no matter what I did I couldn't get it to look or fit right. I should have returned it. Instead I awkwardly wore it for a few years and then gave it to Goodwill. 

2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack? Yes - I was active duty working in an Army hospital in Hawaii. The hospital is in a big pink building on the side of a hill overlooking Pearl Harbor and the Air Force base. Jets were scrambling above the hospital. Because of the time difference the attacks happened while everyone was asleep in hawaii. So, I first heard the news when my alarm went off at about 5:30am. Scary day. Last planes to land any place in the world were coming to Hawaii because it is so far from land. Fighter jets were guiding them in. Scary. 

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like? Hmmm, not sure. It usually works the other way for me - everyone loves something, like Tarte blushes, and I don't really like them. 

4.) Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm? Nope. I have a regular charm bracelet w/ charms from my grandmother (ones she had when young), My favorite is a little basket that opens and there is a snake that comes out like it has been charmed. (Like a cobra might be.)

5.) Best kind of bubblegum? I haven't had any in years. Used to love Bubbleicious when I was young. 

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter! FALL

beautylovingirl

1. Skin Medica's TNS Serum 

2.In the Doctor's office I work for, watching right after the attack on his T.V. not even remembering what the subject was that was on my mind before I saw the T.V.

3.Dior's Brow Styler Pencil

4.Yes. The Charm that represents my little boy in which I got on my first Mother's Day.

5.Grape and Apple Super Bubble. 

6.I like them both about the same.

kalex

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

I've made many ill advised purchases.  A recent one of True Religion jeans comes to mind.
2.) since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

At home with my one year-old son.  When I turned on the tv that morning it was on every channel.  I think I pretty much neglected the poor boy that day - I was glued to the tv while they were still trying to figure out what was happening.
3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

Can't think of any.

Nope.  I find charm bracelets annoying to wear.

I really wish they still made Banana Split bubble gum.  Bubblicious I think.  It was bright pink and yellow and it was delicious.

Fall.  Omg I'm so ready for fall.  It better last longer than a week.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

OMG! I loved that gum but I haven't been able to find the Banana Split flavor in forever. My little boy loves the Orange Crush Flavor but it's too much for me.

Titian06

1.  What is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it?

Nothing.

2.  Since today is 9/11, do you remember where you were when you heard about the attack?

At work.

3.  Whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like?

Nothing.

4.  Do you have a pandora bracelet? if so, what's your favorite charm?

No.

5.  Best kind of bubblegum?

None.

6.  Pick one! Fall or winter!

No preference.

arielaaaaaaaa

Burberry Shoes. I just kinda bought them on a whim while in Vegas. And they are so ugly! I never even wore them once! 

I was in third grade and i didn't understand what was going on, but my teacher was very upset, i think she has family who lived in New york. 

I really don't know. I guess the Fresh Lip treatments. 

I prefer James Avery!

Anything Minty!

Winter!!! :smileyvery-happy:

RiaMo

1.) what is the most ridiculous amount of money you've spent on any one thing, that you felt was not worth it? My LV bag. I wanted one for so long and then when I got one, I hated it. I hated that it had LV's all over it, I hated that I paid that kind of money for something that isn't even leather and I hated that the only piece that was leather was untreated and easy to damage. Such a waste of money! Now their all leather bags on the other hand are to die for but I won't spend the money on one - YET! 

Yes, My husband and I were getting ready for work. I was so scared because of where we lived at the time. A really close family friend of my parents was on Flight 11. That day changed our lives forever. 

3.) whats one beauty product you love, and you are surprised when other people say they don't like? Benefit Flawless 15 hour Primer. It is so amazing for me! I have not seen any of the bad sides that I keep hearing people talk about! My makeup stays put and does not transfer at all! I have swiped a paper towel lightly on my face and nothing! I don't feel it on, it seems to melt right into my skin. I just love everything about it! 

Can't stand Pandora bracelets. I don't know why - I just can't. But I'm all about Alex & Ani bracelets.

5.) Best kind of bubblegum? Um hmmm I used to like the Extra that was neon green. Now I really don't have a preference. But I did grab the mentos gum that is cotton candy flavored and that is pretty good.

6.) Pick one! Fall or winter? Fall! I love everything about it. I love the new fashion, the new makeup, the season changing all of it. I hate the cold though, so really just early Fall. Once it gets too cold, I hate it. But I moved south so I would never have to live in the Winter again, so the entire winter is like Fall for me now!

ellevee09

LV luggage. LOL! I just had to have it!!

Taking a nap when I opened my eyes it had just happened and I seriously thought I was in a dream.

Stila 10-in-1 Beauty Balm - the silver one NOT white one. :smileyhappy:

No, I don't but I do have a ring from Pandora. :heart:

I usually just get whatever. Nothing specific.

Most definitely Fall :smileyhappy:

LCResz

1.) A membership to NutriSystem. I don't handle soy very well, what a catastrophe that was.
2.) I was 24, and on 9/11/2001 my now-husband and I set up our first big date around 1 am. 8 hours later the world turned upside down, but we kept our date or else the terrorists would have won.
3.) Some perfumes, but then I like things most thers find too strong and I dislike things others love because they're too fruity or floral.
4.) Nope.
5.) Big League Chew.
6.) Don't really get either in SoFla, but I like the Fall due to so many awesome b-days and fun holidays. Although I'll take winter in Paris any day!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

I agree with you on the south florida thing, we have hot half the year and hot and rainy the other half! our winter is a couple weeks long and thats at like 70!

midnightangel

1.) Hard to say...I've been ripped off so many times. For the sake of argument, I once bought a $40 electronic hair removal device that didn't work at all.

2.) Kind of. I know I was in my first apartment and found out when I turned on the radio or the TV that morning...I can't remember which. I remember seeing footage on TV of one of the planes crashing and my husband walking through the front door right then. His work let him out for the day. Most of his company's clientele were based in NY so they lost a lot of business.

3.) Can't really think of any.

4.) No, I find them extremely tacky.

5.) Bubblicious grape, hands down! lol

6.) Winter 

spoiledbrat

where is teavana?

1. 600+ on a pair of Manolos that i only wore once because i had to hold onto my sweetie's arm to walk; the heels are too high for my small feet-toe shoes would have been more comfortable

2. i was having coffee with my mother in my living room - she had come to visit for a week and was to leave that day - the gas lines were miles long and the interstate was closed, so i got to spend some more time with her

3. clinique anything - its not my favorite brand but they have a couple of things i really like

4. no Pandora bracelet, but several old school charm bracelets including the one while growing up with a charm for every event and trip-it is heavy

5.Extra Berrymint

6.FALL

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i don't know if they have them where you are, im in south florida, but its basically a gaint tea store and they have like beautiful tea pots and like hand blended tea that you can buy by the pound its really good

BiggeSmalls

1 - I spent 250 on a bag I cant even stand looking at right now >.< I have made many wrong purcheses in my day.

2 - I was in school, just got in to school actually & it was crazy, I think I was in 1st grade & I just remember we had to leave early. As soon as I came home, my older brother & me ran to our bedroom & we had these two huge windows in our room & we just stood there watching the smoke spread all over new york, (I lived in brooklyn at that time) it was very scary.

3 - Hmmm, havnt really crossed anything yet :smileytongue:

4 - I do not actually! There not really my taste, Im not into charm bracelets actually.

5 - The hubba Bubba or whatever it was called, I literally stuff my cheeks with it till my jaw hurt :smileytongue:

6 - Definitely fall!

glossyguru

1) I bought a designer purse in Paris, and realized when I got home that I could've bought so much makeup with the money that I spent on the purse

2) I was age 2 when we were attacked, so I don't remember at all. But I hear stories all the time about how my dad was at the airport in San Francisco that day, and his flight was cancelled. He came home and told my mom, who hadn't heard about it yet. She started freaking out, and yeah.

3) A lot of people like Naked 2 better than Naked, but I prefer Naked.

4) I don't :smileysad: I do have a charm bracelet from a better brand though, and my favorite charm is a pink flower.

5) Double Bubble

6) Fall! Gets so cold here in PA in the winter.

spoiledbrat

(0) Hearts

did your charm bracelet come in a little robin's egg blue box with a white bow? - i have one of those also, but all of my enamel charms are the blue and silver - then i have a gold one with just one charm, a heart-from my parents after i found out i had breast cancer - eight years clean and clear :smileyhappy:

Spoiler

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

i honestly don't know what box it came in, I got it as a gift 5 years ago and lost the box.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 59 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa