Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

janinebt

Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

Hi ladies!

Since no one has given us questions to answer for the day I decided to take the liberty of doing some myself just for kicks.

1. How would you describe your personal style?

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
1930sbella

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

1. retro, shabby chic, sporty, and a little nautical

2. I don't think I really have one

3. haven't had an odd job

4. I agree on earning insider points for hearts

5. doing whatever, doing stuff with family or hanging out with friends. Doesn't matter to me, its always a good time either way.

janinebt

[ Edited ]

Romantic and retro with frequent touches of hobo chic :smileyhappy:.

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

I'm trained in Graphology! I can tell a lot about an individuals personality and character traits just by looking at their handwriting. It is somewhat of a 'conversation' skill, but can often reveal things that an individual may not want others to know about...like trauma or lies.

I was an undercover retail store detective for 5 years. Stressful stuff especially when people would resist.

Chat rooms would be fun! Or even like a skype styled chat room for when we have special guests from brands (like Kat Von D).

Usually Wednesday is my 'rest' day, by midweek my body's exhausted from yoga/the gym. I'll generally reserve the time after I get off for taking a nap or watching a movie in bed; peach cobbler ice cream makes frequent guest appearances on my lounge days.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Spyski

[ Edited ]

So cool, although now I feel like I have multiple personalities since my hand writing changes from day to day which I always thought was weird but could be just that I'm lazy and other times I want it to look proper. I seemed like the chick to go to back in high school when someone needed a note forged or something written unlike their own *shhh*

kalex

Me too - I have 4 different handwriting styles that I regularly use.  I could forge my Mom's signature so well in high school that even she couldn't tell!

kalex

love being told things about myself that I don't already know!  How much free time do you have and can I submit hand writing samples to you?  :smileyhappy:  

janinebt

@kalex, my days have been extremely busy recently : /. In addition to BeautyTalk the other mods and I wear a lot of different social media channel hats for the company.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
arielaaaaaaaa

Oh my goodness, that's an awesome skill! I would love to know how to do that! 

janinebt

[ Edited ]

It's super useful. I'd recommend checking out your local book store for a manual or training guide on it. That's a good starting point.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
latinadiva

1. Comfortable and laid back but still trendy

2. Hmm...I worked at Panera for six years and was certified in five of the six areas. AKA I am very picky about how I make my sandwiches and salads!! Fluff, fluff, fluff!

3. I don't know that I've ever really had an ODD job. I did do an internship at a bar doing event planning and marketing. THAT was fun!

4. I'd have to agree on the live chat!

5. Most recently, doing the ab challenge (day 27 today..thank gosh!) and watching my extremely guilty pleasure of The Challenge: Rivals on MTV (I'm such a sucker, I can't stop watching these regardless of how many seasons it has been!!)

deedjw

1.  Grown up Goth, with splashes of color mainly my nails

2.  I've been doing my own nails since 5th grade & when I do my nails now they are professional grade & last about 5 days with no chips :smileyhappy:

3.  I used to drive trams at the NC Zoo, so fun

4.  Earning Insider points for hearts

5.  Playing Skyrim!

kalex

1 - Girly and laid-back.  I live in a maxi dress and flip-flops all summer.

2 - "Vacuuming and naming stuffed animals" - David Sedaris

3 - I've been a waitress, a preschool teacher, a banker...  Nothing odd there. 

4 - I like the Live Chat suggestion.  I think that's come up before.

5 - Watching tv or reading a book. ( With a glass of wine of course.)

1930sbella

I LOVE naming stuffed animals! That i believe is a definite talent :smileyhappy:!

kalex

I had hoards of stuffed animals when I was a kid!  If I looked back at pictures I bet I could still recall their names.

I laughed out loud when I read that line in one of David Sedaris' books.  "Hey!  I'm good at those things too!"  Glad it finally came up.  :smileyhappy:

annonymous1

[ Edited ]

Hm i really don't know, i wear alot of maxi dresses but i don't know its a mix between whats in style now and like 90's vintage.

this is a tip, not really a skill but regardless something i think people should know. i found this out a little too late after i returned my beauty blender, but your supposed to wet it and squeeze the excess water out and not really blend it but use it more like a stippling brush! i bought the pro set of 2 and not it is a must have tool!

i've had fairly normal jobs thank god, but to be honest my most uncomfortable job was being a bra-fitter at victorias secret, i would have to sit there with a tape measure and yep, wrap my arms around womens **bleep** and measure them lol this was just awkward for me.

i dont know really, maybe an easier way to add photos like a search bar in place where you type so you could search for products and photos without opening new tabs 

Wednesdays are always fun for me, i usually go to eat with one of my friends or my boyfriend and just talk about the week so far :smileyhappy:

Meg82

(0) Hearts

1) I don't really know how to describe it.  For awhile I was sort of rocking the geek chic thing, but I'm experimenting more with what I wear, I think I'm still finding a style.

2)  Always knowing the right thing to say when someone is upset.

3) Once I did community and youth outreach for the seattle police dept.  It was really strange working with the cops but not being a cop and trying to get homeless kids to trust the cops even though they had no reason to do so (the goal in getting them to trust the cops was so they would go to the police when someone hassled or harmed them and then the police could address the problem)

4) Live chat!

5) Generally I have therapy and then go home and recover but today I had therapy early and I'm having dinner with some old friends.

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Knowing the right thing to say when someone is upset is truly a gift!  I usually don't say anything and let my expressions tell how I feel (hugs).  I always feel so awkward and I can't seem to find anything to say.

kenny

This is tough, since it can really depend on my mood. But I would say preppy, in that I like bold, solid colors and classic shapes and styles.

I'm trying to think of something I haven't already mentioned, but I'm can't think of one. I did play a high level of softball and do coach also.

I wouldn't say I have had an really odd jobs, but I do make crepes.

Hmmm, can't think of something at the moment.

Lounging around with a good book

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

What was your favorite position to play?  Did you pitch? It looks so weird and to be able to place your balls where you want them (low, inside corner) with accuracy seems impossible!  I have 3 boys and all 3 play baseball.  During the summer, it seems I live at the baseball field!

nebel

Yay questions!!!

1) Eclectic.  You never know what you're gonna get with me, but I try to keep it real and keep it fun.  I have a weakness for combat boots, colorful hair, and delicate accessories.

2) Not exactly secret, but I'm a classically trained soprano.

3) I did science themed birthday parties for little kids.

4) how much fun would we have with a live chat room?

5)  YOGA!

tashalicious

That's interesting, looking at your pic i would've guessed your style was preppy.

nebel

(0) Hearts

That photo was from my wedding day four years ago :smileyhappy:  I've gone through about a dozen hair colors since then, though for the first time in a decade my hair actually doesn't have *any* black dye in it right now! It's sort of platinum and teal and lavender with my ash roots growing in.  My stylist recently moved across the country and i'm just MAJORLY BUMMED about letting anyone else touch my hair, so i'm trying to wait it out until his visit in september before I do anything else to it. I'm planning to dye it dark plum in the fall!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon