Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

janinebt

Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

Hi ladies!

Since no one has given us questions to answer for the day I decided to take the liberty of doing some myself just for kicks.

1. How would you describe your personal style?

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
mafan

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

1. How would you describe your personal style?

Casual. 

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

I spend my leisure time working doing needlework and bobbin lace that has won awards

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

Working as a Zipper in a Fulfillment House

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

The ability for mods to sticky current information or informative answers to often asked questions to the top of different sections of the board.

Out on a date with my husband.  We always go out to dinner, sometimes run errands.  Tonight it's the chiropractor's office, how romantic!

melissabt

1. How would you describe your personal style? Preppy with a splash of trendy.

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about? Hmmn I dont think I have one!

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had? Pizza place!!!! Lasted 2 weeks

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add? I'll leave this one for the community to answer.

Watching tv (maybe a baseball game), doing laundry and eating snacks.

<3 Melissa
prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

1- Laid back.

2- I can play bluegrass banjo and can knit without a pattern!

3- I worked in a zoo.

4- Live chat.

5- In my PJ's with a great old screwball comedy on TCM, like The Lady Eve, with hubby and dog next to me on the sofa. Bring it on!

rikkie

What was your job at the zoo? Did you get to play with adorable baby animals? 

prettyinpa

@rikkie-

The usual zoo stuff, shoveling manure, cleaning pens, brushing/grooming the animals, assisting the vets if the animals are sick. I did get to play with the adorable baby animals (baby elephant, baby lions, etc) and put on shows in the petting area. It was fun and interesting, but I wouldn't want to have made it my life's work. There were some monkeys there that working in their pens was always icky as they threw disgusting items (you can probably figure this one out, lol) at me when I was in there. It always required a shower after dealing with them.

wingatprsct

[ Edited ]

I don't know too many gals that can play the banjo or even knit!

prettyinpa

@wingatprsct- My grandmother taught me to knit, she was awesome, she made all us kids a new sweater each year, each was different and featured our favorite colors. Some had animals knitted into the back, some had flowers, all from her own designs, she never used a pattern. The sweaters always fit, the first time, sometimes I have to go back and reknit the shoulders as they are the part that is tricky. 

Banjo playing isn't hard, it's just awful sounding until you get reasonably good. I heard that Steve Martin used to practice in his car so he wouldn't bother people while learning. My poor hubby had to listen to me practice, he is definitely patient!

wingatprsct

I think I could handle listening to the banjo pretty well, but listening to someone learn to play the violin would drive me nuts......!!!!  Can you play "Dueling Banjos" from Deliverance?

prettyinpa

I can play Deliverance, but it is a duet, so it helps to have someone to play with. I studied violin in elementary school but was completely awful at it and tormented my poor family. The dog would actually hide whenever I took out the violin case!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon