janinebt

Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

Hi ladies!

Since no one has given us questions to answer for the day I decided to take the liberty of doing some myself just for kicks.

1. How would you describe your personal style?

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
DTalksAll

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

(0) Hearts

I was still MIA when this thread started, but I see others are posting late too, sooooo...

1. Feminine comfort with a touch of boho. I'm most comfortable in leggings and loose tops, shorts with pretty sweaters, sun dresses... I love to get dressed up, but being comfortable is my number one priority. I prefer flip flops over heels; for some reason even though I have high arches my feet do not get along with a heel higher than 2.5-3". Usually I find dressy wedges for special occasions. 

2. I'm fluent in Ukrainian, does that count? 

3. I don't think it's odd, but I did work at Build-a-Bear while in Nursing School because my old boss from another retail store was the manager & I needed a job with flexible hours & no weekends. 

4. More Mobile friendly, maybe switch to a true forum site for ease.

5. A typical weeknight where work or other obligations don't get in the way...   Cooking dinner, watching the sunset from our balcony with a glass of wine, then catch up on some shows. 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

1.Casual Chic!

2. i'm a great cook

3. Folding towels and sheets at a laundry plant that serviced hotels

4. interactive games

5. If the weather is good i like to take a walk, then relax on my front porch with a glass of wine.

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

1. brightly colored skinny pants, nice top, and black suade ankle boots

2. none

3. I've never had odd jobs but I know someone that works at Michael Kors, and I find it odd that a place of high fashion doesn't allow their employees to wear anything but neutral makeup

4. chat room!

5. On Wednesday I went to the local outdoor farmers market ( it was 103 degrees) and went out with a friend to my favorite restaurant and had pizza and gelato NOM NOM NOM

beautylovingirl

1.Well it's hard to describe other than the scrubs I wear all the time  would say Casual/Feminine unless we go out somewhere then of course it's dressy.

2.Being able to put makeup looks together when I've had no previous professional training. Everyone tells me I'm in the wrong profession.

3.Never really had any odd jobs but I have worked with a lot of weird doctors.

4.Top contributor rewards.

5.I take it as it comes like any other day of the week sometimes you don't get to plan your evenings.

starryeyes331

(0) Hearts

Feminine and Classic with a Boho twist

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

none :smileysad:

I haven't had any weird jobs, but I did have an acquaintance once who had a summer internship milking poisonous snails...thats probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.

Video posts maybe?

Cooking dinner w/ my boyfriend and catching up on my favorite tv shows with a glass of wine.

WhereYouStand

(0) Hearts

1. I am into the bohemian trend at the moment as far as clothes go and a more semi natural make up look as far as beauty goes

2. don't really have an answer for this one :smileyhappy:

3. the oddest job I've ever had for me would be my first job I ever landed which was one at a hardware store...and let's just say fixing mechanical things is not my forte

4. right now I do not know

5. freestyle, no structure

wendyomgwar

1. How would you describe your personal style? Feminine, I usually wear dresses, or shorts with a girly top. And my Toms or Converse which aren't all that girly but they feel really nice :smileytongue: lol
2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about? Er... I can roll burritos? Lol
3. What is the oddest job you’ve had? Meh, I've only had two jobs and neither of them could be considered odd. 
4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add? I wish we could see each others "loves" :smileyhappy:!!!
5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings? Well I usually spend them working lol, making money is always good :smileywink:

poshified

I agree on being able to see other folks' loves. That definitely says a lot about what their favorite makeup looks are! :smileyhappy:

miabt

Happy Wedneseday everyone!!  Half way to the weekend :smileyhappy:

I'm not really sure I have a personal style... I'm more laid back & like to be more comfy.  I have my work clothes, hanging out clothes & going out clothes.  If anything, I'm a jeans & t-shirt kinda girl :smileyhappy:  Either that, or a yoga pants & slouchy shirt!  Far from trendy, if you asked me!

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn't already know about?

I'm not sure you'd consider it a talent, but my hobby is dancing Tahitian.  I've danced for years & love telling a story through our dances!

3. What is the oddest job you've had?

I've done a lot of community service & on a few occasions  I had to sweep the goat area of a petting zoo & the goats chased me around for so long that they found me a different job to do!

Hmm, good one!  I'd love if it were a bit more streamlined with recommendations.  Like more specific threads rather than multiple repeat ones.  If I could click on a topic & have ALL of the previous suggestions in one place instead of clicking 10+ threads :smileyhappy:

I'm usually on here, working Wednesday evenings :smileysad:  That's okay though, I get to spend my nights talking makeup!  An alternate, would be lounging on my couch relaxing with a glass of red or a nice dinner out with friends!

xo, Mia

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

everyday I like just regular clothes, jeans shirt etc.. But if I'm going out at night id say chic/sexy/fashion forward and I LOVE high heels.

dancing, and math

N/A

points for hearts! or contests to earn points.

it depends...

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

1. How would you describe your personal style? In the words of Rachel Berry, "sexy schoolgirl librarian chic." with the occasional tulle thrown in! (I keep telling myself that I'm an adult and I need to stop and buy some sensible blazers...)
2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about? I can't remember if I've ever shared this, but on the side of my academic jobs, I've taught group exercise classes for several years, so I'm a workout pro. :smileyhappy:
3. What is the oddest job you’ve had? well, while I was a yoga instructor at my last university, I had to do yoga classes with the football team after their practice. 3 of us yoga instructors with 60 or so sweaty, exhausted, stubborn guys at 7 am in the winter, on the football field. It was...interesting, lol.
4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add? The ability to do polls! (er, we can't, right?) We could have our own mini beauty awards on here and vote for our favorite products! 
5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings? Apparently, on Sephora.com. :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

I can only imagine the moaning and complaining involved in your football yoga sessions. >.< That does not sound like a calm and relaxing situation!

dolceloure

hahaha, well, it was tough...but I learned a couple of tricks. Whenever I got annoyed with them for not trying/paying attention, I'd just throw in a really hard back-bender or something advanced. Result: groaning and swearing, but a sudden collective desire to keep up with me. :smileyhappy: Or I had them to partner stretches. Their teammates working with the other yoga instructors would look over at our group and start laughing at them. Kind of mean, but oh well, got the job done. :smileytongue:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Clever! :smileyhappy:

wingatprsct

1.  Personal style?  Classic with a few trends.  Chico's is my favorite store.

2.  Secret talent?  Besides the piano (primary instrument), I can play handbells, Irish tin whistle, and hammered dulcimer.

3.  Oddest job?  I stayed nights with a rich elderly woman for 2 weeks while my aunt was on vacation. 

4.  Feature BT should add?  I love the swatch idea. Sometimes colors just don't show well in photos.

5.  Like to spend Wednesday evening?  I usually work on Wednesday evenings.  I direct an adult volunteer church choir, children's choir, and handbell choir that meets on Wednesday evenings. My sweet hubby cooks on Wednesdays.  I eat, watch a little TV, BT and then it's bedtime.

prosopon

That is a wide range of instruments! 

I once heard a guy play Metallica's "Nothing else matters" on the hammered dulcimer.  So awesome!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

That I would love to hear!  It is really a beautiful instrument and fun to play.

jinxski

Hello dear, I hope you're having a wonderful day!

So comfortable... maybe a little too much! I wear vnecks and jeans on a regular basis, nothing too crazy, but I love splurging on fashion I'll never wear. Guilty. >.<

Hmm... I used to do recreational speed skating.

I don't think any of my jobs have been too odd yet, I'll keep you posted.

Some way to not just view your activity, but also separate your questions from answers. Generally, just a more organized BeautyTalk would be wonderful.

Curled up with a good book and a face mask, middle of the week is face mask time for me!

JenBlush

1. Hmm, my personal style is basically almost anything you find at forever 21! >.< lol i love colorful clothes (not ti-dye) But colorblocking! I dont like to wear blacks, and whites, and i actually do not own not one shirt that is the color Red nor Orange! idk why!

2. I can do the wave with my tongue

3. I babysit Tourist's kids at really expensive hotels! Although its not odd, I've had odd kids! lol but you gotta love them!

4. Hashtags!! lol would be much easier to find products that are talked about!

5. I would like to spend it maybe relaxing, and a massage would be great!!

LCResz

1. Business casual.

2. I write and read backwards and upside pretty well, trained for a long time in school, had a lot of downtime I guess.

3. I don't think I've ever had a job I would consider odd, but I sure have met a lot of odd customers in my time.

4. A chatroom would be fun.

5. Making dinner and hanging out with my hubby. Not terribly exciting but it works from me :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon