janinebt

Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

Hi ladies!

Since no one has given us questions to answer for the day I decided to take the liberty of doing some myself just for kicks.

1. How would you describe your personal style?

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

3. What is the oddest job you’ve had?

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Whimsically yours,
Janine
prosopon

Re: Wednesday Afternoon Questions!

Amen to the odd customers!

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Questions! Yay! 

Oh gosh, definitely all over the place. Jeans and a hoodie, a tunic-y blouse with leggings, 50's style rockabilly dresses, studded leather jackets, a secret desire to wear cute goth loli dresses ALL THE TIME, hahaha. 

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

Hmm, I design/make jewelry with semi-precious stones. Maybe one day I'll start up an etsy store. 

I guess it'd have to be cheesemonger. It's certainly not common, I don't know if it's odd. :smileyhappy:

I like the idea of pinning information/topics, then some questions could all go in one place instead of everyone making a board like when people were wondering about when the Ariel collection was coming out or whatever.

I have no routine at all right now, so nothing special just because it's Wednesday. Maybe a face mask and a movie later for tonight. :smileyvery-happy:

JenBlush

i have never heard of a cheesemonger!! Definitely odd!! what is it!! 

rikkie

Selling cheese! My shop had a few hundred cheeses we carried on a bit of a rotating basis, so I know way more about cheese than any normal person should. :smileytongue: I got to give talks at fancy wine and cheese tastings that people paid big bucks for too!

JenBlush

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

wow!! that's awesome!.. but odd at the same time! haha

wingatprsct

Now that explains your obsession with cheese! :smileyhappy:

rikkie

Yeah, it was definitely an interest before, but that job allowed it to grow! It's a good conversation starter, haha. 

prosopon

You all have some unique hidden talents!

1.  Casual trendy

2.  I can touch my nose with my tongue

3.  I really haven't had any odd jobs.  I worked for an amusement park answering the question "Where is the nearest restroom?" about 100 times a day.

4.  Live chat would be cool

5.  Wednesdays I get to sit down with a good book.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

1.  How would you describe your personal style?

Classic.

2.  What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?

I played oboe in high school.

3.  What is the oddest job you’ve had?

I tutored students in English/Communications in college.

4.  If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk, what would you add?

What I would like to add would be considered unacceptable, so I'll go with Live Chat--that would be cool!

5.  How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?

Playing with the cats and watching PBS.

DesertRose0706

1 - My style is defientely casual and simple - 5 wear jeans and a t-shirt pretty much everyday

2 - I have PI memorized to over 50 decimals.  I was really bored one day in high school lol

3 - I spent one winter vacation measuring the dimensions of elementary schools in my city

4 - hmmm, i'm not really sure on this one.  I know a lot of people mentioned getting points for hearts , but I feel like that would make people get involved in BT for the wrong reasons.

5 - Wendesday evenings are best spent with a glass of wine watching a good movie or surfing the web.

Spyski

Laid-back outdoor boho I guess you could say. If I could wear a wetsuit I would wear one everyday I can even if its smoldering hot. I love feeling that the "girls" are supported and everything is tucked in nicely like a super hero haha

I am trained in freediving and can stay underwater for long periods of time with no breathing apparatus.

Horse stall poo poo picker upper, no pay but got to ride the horses anytime I wanted. It was worth the trade off :smileyhappy:

A swatch section entirely for itself. 

It's usually something random. Tonight its pizza making night then probably a nice relaxing tub since I'm exhausted from work today.

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

How long can you stay underwater?

Spyski

(0) Hearts

6-7 minutes is my average. I haven't done this hobby in about a year so hopefully I can gain more experience when it becomes available.

janinebt

Mmm can I come over for dinner? That sounds amazing. Homemade pizza is the best. I'll probably enjoy a nice tub soak too this evening when I get off.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
poshified

1. How would you describe your personal style?: Dressy: Predictably, I'm in a dress and/or pencil skirt with heels :smileyhappy:

2. What is a secret talent or skill that you have that the BT community doesn’t already know about?: I've learned 8 languages, including English, thus far in life.

4. If you could add any feature to BeautyTalk what would you add?: Option to alert you when someone responds to your comment, and not the entire thread.

5. How do you like to spend your Wednesday evenings?: Relaxing knowing the fact the week is halfway over :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

Ohhh! I really like your answer to 4 I was thinking about that earlier, and also out of curiosity whats your first language :smileyhappy:?

poshified

Malay! :smileyhappy:

1930sbella

Wow! That is so neat! What are the languages you know?

poshified

Thank you! I've got most of the East Asian languages covered (namely, Malay, Hokkien, Mandarin, and Cantonese) and spent a few years learning Latin, while taking couple years of French and Spanish. I think I missed my calling; I should have been a linguist :smileyhappy:

1930sbella

Wait, I do have a secret talent. I know how to lay roofing :smileyhappy:.

arielaaaaaaaa

Uhm i'm kinda simple and comfortable. I wear a Tshirt and Jeans almost daily. I have a couple of days out of the week where i wear a nice blouse but that's it!

Hmm, I played the Flute in High school and was really good! I could have done great musical things if i had continued. 

I've never had an odd Job, I've only had one job before lol. 

I'm totally agreeing with the Live chat/ Chat room thing. 

Well my nightly routine for Wednesday used to be Shower, Exfolikate, Rose face Mask, then catch up on some Tv shows! But i changed up my skincare routine starting this week, so now it's just Tv shows.... Lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 71 replies
  • 120 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon