janinebt

Wedding Themes?

Since we all had so much fun doing wedding themes I’ve decided to take the liberty in creating a board.

If you’re married, what was your wedding theme?

If you’re engaged what are you planning on doing for your wedding theme?

And if you’re still looking for the perfect significant other to go with your dream wedding theme what is it?

For me, I’ve always wanted something kind of whimsical. I LOVE the idea of renting out an old theatre for a classic old Hollywood-esque themed wedding or doing a carnival themed event haha.

For the old theatre theme I’d probably want to hang movie posters up featuring my SO and I. We could have a red carpet (don’t think I’d wanna do the whole cheesy paparazzi thing) though.

Most people look at me like I’m a nut when I tell them about that, but when I say ‘think Water for Elephants’ they quickly catch my drift.

For a carnival wedding I’d want fun foods like sliders, a French fry bar (with different dipping sauces like aioli, chipotle, etc), cotton candy martinis. I’d also want to hang upside down parasols around or do oversized paper lanterns.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
killahbabe

Re: Wedding Themes?

My wedding was a simple beach theme. We got married in Destin and it was the first time either of us had been to the Gulf Coast. One thing we did that I loved was my husband and I made my bouquet together. We had actually made it out of seashells that we had collected together while dating/being engaged. So my bouquet was quite different from traditional flowers. Oh, but I wish I had a pinterest account before I got married... the things I would've DIY-ed!

270183_10150241364711909_4480417_n.jpg

kalex

My theme was "18 and broke" Lol!  I basically eloped.  The base Chaplain married us and we went back to our dumpy little apartment, watched Titanic, and (illegally) drank champagne out of Looney Toons and Bugs Bunny glasses (the only glassware we had).

kimmi1115

Although Lanndan and I have been engaged for a year, we haven't actually made any plans. . . or set a date. . . lol.  I'm finishing school first.  He's lucky since he's already finished now.  Dang it lol.

We've talked about ideas and stuff, but nothing is set in stone.  However, I have been pinning on Pinterest!  Does that count as wedding planning? lol.  

ilovetopurplefy

[ Edited ]

My dream wedding would be a black-tie affair with rose gold with cobalt blue accents. I love rose gold and cobalt blue. Definitely alcohol-free. Instead, sparkling apple cider. I hate when people go to weddings in normal clothes. They're supposed to dress up. 

BeautyJunkie325

A carnival wedding would be so fun!

for me, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday so an October wedding would be my dream.  Here are a few of the Pinterest ideas I love. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

janinebt

Oh I LOVE those plates, they have a nice eerie halloween feel, but aren't cheesy. I also love that there isn't too much orange. That's a quick way to ruin a halloween themed wedding IMO.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I agree!  I would love to have that elegant gothic Halloween, I love the eerie tree on the dance floor. 

bethany1217

(0) Hearts

My husband and I had a Christmas themed wedding/reception. 8 years ago yesterday (yea!!!), actually.

The ceremony was very simply decorated with candles, red roses, greenery, and magnolia blossoms.

The reception we had two Christmas. One with picture ornaments of my husband and I growing up. The other had crochet snowflakes on them my mother-in-law made.

We had children's tables with edible gingerbread houses at the centerpieces.

We had a s'mores bar and a hot chocolate bar.

Instead of rice when we left, we had sparkers and people rang bells.

I am leaving so much out.

It was a very magical night!

Missie772

My wedding theme was purple??? Lol... I didn't have a theme, it was just around a certain color.

My beautiful bouquet!!

We got married outside in a winery!

Our reception centered around white, purple, and green. The lights were dimmed with pretty purple uplighting.

My cake!!! I absolutely loved my cake! And it still tasted good after a year after sitting in my parents' freezer!

kimmi1115

The photos are beautiful!!!!

Missie772

(0) Hearts

Ahhh... so sorry that my photos are so big!!! I have no idea how to resize it!

LCResz

Our theme was " wedding." It was elegant and timeless, and thankfully nothing looks too dated almost a decade later.

carolang

My wedding took place at a historic mansion with beautiful gardens (where the ceremony was). Since I was married at 22 I wanted it to be very mature and elegant and not too youthful. I guess I wanted it to be a classy garden 

party with a little bit of a vintage twist. Colors were pink... And pink haha (light pink and raspberry, with gold and lavender accents. There were little sprigs of lavender in the flower arrangments!). My signature drink was the "sweet and sour Caroline" ha ha (sweet and sour mix with rasp vodka and cran). The salads had raspberries... The champagne had raspberries... So that was also a theme! It was very beautiful and there were flowers everywhere and my dress and veil had petal accents... And the cake decorations matched my dress. I tried very hard to make it all cohesive!

lilyyy

My dream wedding would be to show up at an all-in-one wedding venue and I pick "Package A, please, the one with the candy table!" Then off I go to get dressed and married in an hour. I want it pretty, memorable, and fun without any of the work, stress, or planning!

Maybe my dream is to be on My Fair Wedding?

jellybean917

LOL! "the one with the candy table"

upload_4558994921745175576.jpg

kalex

Oh my gosh!  I got a toothache just looking at that.

roxystar4

my wedding theme was beachy (surprise, surprise…), sea glass pouches with little shells were the favors, the centerpieces were large shells and bottles with messages in them. We were married in June in a church called "Saint Ann's By the Sea" in Marshfield MA.

Night wedding, lots of dancing and yummy food. It was simple but very fun!

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

Oh and of course, lots of candlelight for mine.

oklady2013

my wedding was so long ago we did colors rather than themes then. Mine were mauve, ivory & gold with a romantic old world flavor. Juliet cap, pearls & lace anyone?

I love both the theater & carnival ideas.

have fun when it's time to plan.

marydiva

A carnival wedding theme sounds so whimsical and fun! :smileyhappy:

I'd love a theme with bright spring colors - turquoise, sunshine yellow, and lots of daffodils (my favorite flower). 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • kalex
    • killahbabe
    • marydiva
    • bethany1217
    • kimmi1115
    • lilyyy