jellybean917

Wedding Dresses

'Tis the season of engagements. That, plus kellsmuneoka's thread about Ridiculous Prices and IllegallyBlonde's Engagement Rings thread, made me start wondering about wedding dresses. If you're married, what was your dress like? If not, what is your dream dress? How much are you willing to spend?

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Although I'm engaged, I haven't even started looking for a dress because we won't start planning the wedding until my fiance moves up here...but that should be happening soon! My research has now begun by watching marathons of Say Yes to the Dress lol.

Anyway, rant and rave away!

Carmen241986

Re: Wedding Dresses

(0) Hearts

I'm becoming inspired by these dresses, gonna have to send the boyfriend on here to check out this post. See which dress he'd like :-D. I want something elegant, not too blingy but something that'll be breathtaking !. Ahhh the fun of planning a wedding !

SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

Be careful! The wedding message boards always have messages from women who are in a panic because their fiance saw a dress in a magazine on on TV and made a flippant, negative remark about it.

He will like WHATEVER you wear. 

Candy357

I love weddings, but I never wanted one.

Huge congrats btw!!! I hope you have fun planning & find an amazing dress.

I am a huge sucker for Vera Wang's dresses.

This one is stunning and there are SO many more!

verawang.jpeg

lsp2005

Monique-Lhuillier-Ball-Gown-Ivory-2004.jpgThis was my wedding dress. I still love it many years later.

Koofa

This was my wedding dress. We were going to get married in a court house or in Vegas, but then I watched that one HUGE/amazing wedding proposal on TV with the flash mob and I started bawling my eyes out and realized I wouldn't be happy with that lol. So we hired a minister, a photographer and I bought a dress on clearance and was much happier in the end :smileyhappy:

dress.png

MysticalAngel

[ Edited ]

I have a few dream dresses.

1.wedding-dress-bridal-gown-maggie-sottero-13533.jpg

2.a-line-chiffon-bridal-dress-with-lace-appliques-ml48004.jpg

3.885844_f496.jpg

4.2009_Vintage_Wedding_Dresses.jpg

MGJM

The 1st and 3rd ones are absolutely gorgeous!!!!

pipsqueek1582

DSCF3165.jpgI just had to add my picturs to this thread...I LOVED my wedding dress...found it onlne for less than $150...my bridesmaid's dresses  were more than that!  By the way...it was FREEZING that day...it snowed on June1!!!!  but it was a beautiful wedding.  I now use my wedding dress as a part of my wedding display.  I took a bunch of stuff from the wedding and made a nice shelf full of wedding memories...and the dress is like the "tablecloth" for the shelf...it's beautiful!

pipsqueek1582

DSCF3056.jpgDSCF3065.jpg

calamityjane85

OH OH OH!! I love this!!!!!! I told hubby if he wanted to re-marry me every year I would be just fine with that ( just to get to buy/wear another dress) I dont want any other aspect of the big wedding junk- JUST THE DRESS. In fact, we had a small mountain chapel wedding and the one stipulation I had was I had to have the most perfect amazing dress. All the other details I could care less. I had the man and all I wanted was the dress of my dreams :smileyhappy:

These pictures are so fabulous.

BeautyJunkie325

I would love to get married in the month of October, Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. I would love a black & white dress. Here are two of my favs. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

midnightangel

Oh my gosh, the first one! Very pretty! :smileyvery-happy:

October would be my ideal wedding month as well.

jellybean917

These are so cool for Halloween. I love the vampy lip in the first pic!

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I loved that too.  :smileyhappy:

SugaredMagnolia

FYI, if you are on a budget, there are some great places to pick up sample dresses. You can get a dress that retailed for thousands for just hundreds.

I have an extensive list of sources for wedding gown samples. PM me if you want more info since I don't think we are allowed to post links.

WhereYouStand

I saw this on Pinterest with this suggestion just a thought if you have a daughter or a chosen flower girl and when you find your dress

3c42af039eef6d437e923818e785b12d.jpg

on your wedding day, take a picture of your flower girl in your dress & hide it until her wedding day then give it to her!

SilveryPink

Early planning for me, but i think this gorgeous Oscar De La Renta dress in a different color: Green Dress.jpg

ladymeag

My ex-sister-in-law got married in that shade of green - it was a beautiful wedding dress! 

janinebt

This is such a fun thread...I like where we are going with this guys! What's next? A wedding theme board? Wedding shoes (I've already seen a few adorable ones floating about the boards). What about hair and makeup for a wedding? Haha.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
jellybean917

Great idea, Janine! We'll have to have some serious boards for the wedding hair and makeup. BT is full is pros on this topic!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Ahaha, this thread is making me feel so girly. I'm not a wedding planning/dreaming type, but when I saw this pair of Miu Miu, the first thought was I want to get married in it. Of course the collection came out when I wasn't earning my own money, altho now that I am willing/able to buy it, I can't find it for sale ANYWHERE and it's not mainstream enough for there to be knockoffs or even anything similar. There goes my little wedding dream, and I was serious. T.T

img-thing.jpg

I'm not too picky about dresses, altho I saw this one in a manga and it fits my style pretty well:

chinesedress.jpg

I don't know if there are any more good seamstress/dressmaker around that are able to make it. Oh well, I don't even have a bf yet so this is way far off in the future (altho I do really regret/want those shoes...)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 133 replies
  • 184 hearts
  • 54 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • killahbabe
    • lovelykatya
    • reflectsgold
    • chupi
    • emmaclaire
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • stephyd216
    • melissabt
    • lilyyy
    • janinebt
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • princesskat17
    • ladymeag
    • jammiex33
    • MysticalAngel
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • viviene23
    • Koofa
    • serioustree
    • aggiegirl2012
    • IllegallyBlonde
    • Missie772
    • midnightangel
    • SugaredMagnolia
    • Candy357
    • Spyski
    • Kiki1517
    • CzaCee
    • glossyguru
    • ghkim
    • WhereYouStand
    • jellybean917
    • calamityjane85
    • Greyes
    • bratknits
    • SilveryPink
    • kellsmuneoka
    • missey1973
    • kariyava
    • MGJM
    • lsp2005
    • LindenAnn
    • Carmen241986
    • pipsqueek1582
    • kevinbt
    • LariTheLoud
    • 1SultrySCENTNut
    • RandeeBT
    • rebeccahoughton
    • bridetobe14
Photos60
  • 199925_1019178167179_3048_n.jpg
  • 207521_1019177247156_6875_n.jpg
  • New_England_Nautical_Theme_for_Southern_Wedding_WillettPhotography_occasionsonline_-069.jpg
  • New_England_Nautical_Theme_for_Southern_Wedding_WillettPhotography_occasionsonline_-111.jpg
  • upload_6772960581086549171.jpg
  • lovely.jpg
  • boho.jpg
  • asfd.jpg
  • upload_407119520607931032.jpg
  • upload_1714164648284367080.jpg
  • upload_7566454779436247536.jpg
  • upload_5790774607234684195.jpg
  • cf25dae33c456d57965f66b2b50d104e.jpg
  • ideal.jpg
  • upload_8086713726843531067.jpg