beautylovingirl

WOW! DID I JUST DO THAT????

Hey chicks,

So I did one of the funniest things today that I think I've ever done and still can't believe I did it. So me my husband and my little boy went out to eat today and it was a little busy in this place we went to, so we found our seats of course in the back of the restaurant because it was so busy any way we all went up to the salad bar and I guess on the way back I missed our row of seating by one and accidentally sat down with a woman I did not know, as I looked up this woman is just looking at me like "What are you doing"? So I politely said "Oh sorry wrong seat and got up and went to my table where my husband and little boy were wanting to know where I had been. Man that was so embarrassing but funny afterward. Has any one had one these moments? (please say yes):smileyhappy:

poohblueberry

Re: WOW! DID I JUST DO THAT????

@Beautylovingirl, you seem like a sweetheart too! I'm sorry that you had a run-in with "one of those" with a sour face. Funny how they seem to pop up here and there!

If I was in Lemonface's position, I would've just said something like "I think you're in the wrong seat, but you're welcome to sit next to me!" I try to make light of an awkward situation and not demonize the other person. I'm sure you're like that too!!

We nice people gotta stick up for one another!!

beautylovingirl

Aww your welcome! I know everyone has done something like that at one time or another and I'm sure you are a very kind person those things just happen no matter how hard you to try to say the right thing. I think my face and head also were so red I could have died, she didn't seem like a friendly person and I quickly left.

poohblueberry

@Beautylovingirl - thank you for your kind thoughts.

I usually pride myself on being very conscientious and not saying things that would make people feel bad, but when I accidentally stuck my foot firmly in my mouth, my face (and head) felt like it was on fire. For the very first time in my life, in fact.

beautylovingirl

@poohblueberry- I'll take sitting at the wrong table anytime over that. I feel bad for you:smileysad:

poohblueberry

I was at a Costco recently and saw this woman who was clearly 7-8 months pregnant (a big round protruding stomach with the rest of her body normal-looking) and asked if she was going to have a boy.

She replied that she wasn't pregnant! Boy oh boy, did my face get red and hot! I checked out of Costco quick as a flash!

I learned my lesson and will never ever ask a woman if she's having a boy or girl (I did many times prior to this incident).

Jeesh! Another one for the "IS MY FACE RED" department!!

carrierose

I read a story about this happening to someone...this lady was at the beach with friends and others, and there was this one woman who was in a bikini, in shape as can be, but with a huge baby bump.  The lady asked her when she was due and she said she wasn't pregnant and grabbed a beer.  She was embarrassed and didn't know what was worse, if the lady really wasn't pregnant or if she lied just because she was drinking beer. ?!?!

poohblueberry

Hi Carrierose,

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who made this fauxpas. At that moment, I felt that I was the only one in the entire world who made that mistake.

As to the incident with BikiniBumpLady, I have a feeling that she may have been pregnant and didn't want anyone judging her because she wanted a beer.

But then again, who knows if there are ladies running around with in-shape bodies and "pregnant" bellies but aren't pregnant. Stranger things have happened!!

serioustree

(0) Hearts

Hehe... Happens to me everyday... I usually don't wear blush because getting embarrassed does the job. XD

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Thanks girlies for replying I know I  was so embarrassed but now it's pretty funny and I laugh at myself a lot for the things I do  but eeh it goods to laugh no matter what the reason is:smileytongue:

garnett

LOL  I feel much better now that I know I am not the only one who got into the wrong car. One rainy day my husband was coming to pick me up at the train station.  He texted me and said I am right outside just in front of the bus stop.  It was really pouring rain outside so I put on my hood and ran for the car.  When I got in I said something suggestive about how I was going to reward him. I neglecfed to take off my hood.   The surprised but happy voice that responded was not my husband. OMG I think I let out a sort of scream and an I AM SO SORRY as I bolted out of the car.  My husband was in the car in front of him.  He hadn't seen me get into that car but he knew something was really  wrong when I finally got into the right car. My face was totally RED and I was completely flustered.  He still thinks it's really funny and brings it up every chance he can.  UGH.

violalea

I went to the men's room twice by mistake :smileysad:

melissabt

I had this happen before, SO embarrassing. I went to grab whom I THOUGHT was my bfs hand and it turned out to be a strangers! Ahh, I quickly said sorry and then walked away quickly. It happens:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
AlwaysGlamorous

I see some stories similar to mine below but I have definitely had one of those moments... I once went to the grocery store with my two friends before a movie and it was decided that I would run in and grab the goodies. Because we didn't have a lot of time, my friend Brian, who was driving, just idled in front of the store. When I came out, he was still there so I opened the door and hopped right in....and came face to face with a bewildered woman who was certainly not Brian. I jumped out as quickly as I had jumped in and found my two friends parked close by and hysterically laughing. It's funny now but I was mortified at the time. 

MoreGun89

Lol!  Oh goodness!  Last time, I went to get a drink from the store. And my fiancé had the basket, I grabbed my drink and saw a pair of shorts and a basket with a hand grabbing an interesting drink, thinking it was my fiancé, I inquired as to what he was getting.  As soon as he spoke I realized it was not my fiancé, and looked up, thankfully, the stranger was friendly, and the fiancé was coming around the corner to find me.  

TL;DR:  I really need a monkey backpack XD

beautylovingirl

@ContentlyKayKay- Yeah that's embarrassing to when me and my husband first got married I did that too, I worked 3-12 shift at a new job and was so tired I walked into the men's bathroom and as I was going out I heard" Hey baby where ya going"? OMG I just of another ones of those moments. :smileytongue:

ContentlyKayKay

Haha! I haven't sat down at the wrong table but I've walked into the wrong bathroom before lol! It was in a hotel lobby and walked into the men's room since I had something in my eye and clearly meant for the ladies bathroom to go get it out. As soon as I walked in I noticed the urinals, I spun around and walked out (luckily no one was in there) but a man was walking in and started to say "did you..." and I cut him off with a loud "YEEEP" and walked off without looking back.

beautylovingirl

I'm glad  that someone else came forward you girls made me feel a lot better. I was so embarrassed but of course it's funny now.

sephoralovex

Omg yes. That reminds me of when I was walking back to the car from a restaurant and I almost got into the wrong car! It was the same color car and style and the doors weren't even locked! I opened it almost getting in and my bf just kept walking on. Then once I noticed it wasn't our car, i ran to catch up with him and told him and couldn't stop laughing. This wasn't a one time thing though.. It has happened to me 2 or 3 more times. Haha

onomotopoeia9

That's the annoying thing about having a common car - I also got into the wrong car once, but it reeked like raw shrimp and I was like - k, this is NOT mine...

onomotopoeia9

Yes! That sort of thing definitely happens, so don't be embarrased.

A similar thing happened to me at a broadway show when I left to get a drink... Oops!

And at least you just sat down and that's it -- my nephew sat down at a table and actually started eating :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • carrierose
    • melissabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • poohblueberry
    • MoreGun89