Viggle App!

arielaaaaaaaa

Viggle App!

This is off topic but i noticed a ShopKick post awhile back and i do use it! But i am loving Viggle. It the same concept as shopkick where you check in and get points to redeem things. But you do it with Tv shows! I don't know about you ladies but i watch plenty of TV! You just sync it to your tv, it catches what your watching and you get a point for every minute you watch it! They have featured shows where you get more point as well! I think it is great! I've had this already for a few days and have 1,500 + points! You get gift cards you can redeem for a certain amount of points. For instance Starbucks gift cards are 12,500 points, and i assume it would be a $10 gift card. And they have a Sephora Gift Card for 20,000 points! I think i will be there in no time! Anyone else use this or think they will now??!!!

starletta8

Re: Viggle App!

I almost always have the tv for background noise in the room I'm in... score!

kimmi1115

I do the same thing, too.  I have to have some sort of background noise unless I'm doing an assignment that requires a lot of focus.  However, I don't like the TV to be too loud.  I think my dad needs a hearing aid for how loud he has the TV at times.

I like the thought of background noise to earn points for stuff lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

I usually check into the "Featured" shows cause you get more points!! I got a ton of points for checking into the NBA Finals!!

kimmi1115

That's awesome!  I don't watch basketball, so I would just check in, leave my phone in the living room, and do something else lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

I always do that!! I have a ton of points not because i'm actually watching but because i love to have the tv on while i'm on my laptop! 

starletta8

I could go into the fascinating psychology of why I find tv soothing in the background, but I won't.  But it's all about wanting to be social without being bothered with sharing my space with someone else.

kimmi1115

Thank you all for the info!  I'll have to download it and give it a try.  I've seen people post about different shopping/reward apps on Instagram, but I'm always iffy about things like that at first.  

starletta8

Thanks for the heads-up!

Unfortunately, it isn't matching my show. Ugh.

rtista

I just downloaded the app, this should be much easier than Shopkick!  I've walked into stores to get "kicks", only to lose internet connection, or it won't always pick up that I'm in the store. I also hate wandering around looking for the scannable items.  Viggle is much more fun.  :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

Yess i think it's really fun too!! I can't wait till i have enough points for a Sephora Gift card!!!!

kimmi1115

I always wondered what ShopKick was.  I think I missed that thread.  I have certain shows that I watch, but most the time I DVR things and watch them later.  It probably doesn't work with the DVR, or does it?  

arielaaaaaaaa

Yes they are right, it does work with DVR'd shows!! I always record my fav shows cause i'm never home to watch them!!

DTalksAll

It works with DVR, but for the bonus check ins (extra 50, 100, or 150 for some prime time shows) it has to be watched before 8 am the following morning. You'll still get credit for the time spent watching the show.

keelybt

Shopkick is pretty awesome!  I started doing all my grocery shopping at Target, so once those points began kicking in, it's made a huge difference (you have to wait 60 days for them to be added to your account).  I used to do Viggle but they seem to have reduced the points for watching shows and that annoyed me. 

@Kimmi1115  You should be able to use it with your DVR'd shows, unless something has changed.  It listens to the show and should recognize it.  I don't have cable so I watch most of my shows online and it worked for me.

DTalksAll

I love viggle & get a lot of $10 sephora gc. I think I've used at least 10 or 12 of them so far. Last summer during the Olympics I racked up a lot of points. Now that it's summer & the shows suck I won't be using it as much. 

colorobsession

I have viggle on my phone, and I had been using it for a while and then totally forgot about it. I should probably get back on the viggling bandwagon so I can get free stuff for something I'm already doing! I don't have ShopKick, but perhaps I should look into that as well.

arielaaaaaaaa

I tend to not use ShopKick much since i always forget when i'm out and about. I feel like it would take forever to get enough points to redeem the sephora gift card. But i love the Viggle App!! Checking into the NBA Finals gives you a lot of points!!I use it mainly to check into Ellen and Friends. I watch those daily!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 134 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • rtista
    • melisa16
    • kimmi1115