Victoria's Secret return policy with receipt

I wanted to start a discussion about VS return policy.

I know they allow a max of 7 items to be returned within 90 days WITH receipt and they swipe your ID to keep track of it. I've worked at a giant retailer so I understand trying to keep track of returns without receipts because there are a lot of scammers out there. But why limit the amount of returns with a receipt? You are only going to get back what you paid... I sometimes buy things without trying them on because the line is long, or I change my mind later on, or I buy them as gifts but end up getting them a different gift. Even if you exchange an item, it counts as a return. I hate the limitation because I could potentially be stuck with this item if I've returned 7 items within the last 90 days already. I feel like if you have a receipt, they should allow you to return the item. I really like VS as a store, so I'm really torn with their policy.

Sorry for this long rant. Has anyone else experienced this or is frustrated by their policy?

Re: Victoria's Secret return policy with receipt

(0) Hearts

It's not a return of 7 items but 7 different times.

(0) Hearts
  1. I agree I hate Victoria's Secret too I mean I like the stuff but the 7 items return policy is kind of stupid its like sometimes I buy things just to try them on and if I like them I keep them other wise I wanna be able to get my money back whatever I paid for plus its NOT like I am stealing something I am just returning what I got and after that I want my money back but stupid people trust me annoying as hell :smileysad:

(0) Hearts

I dont like Victoria secret for bras I just recently bought a bikini from them and a hoodie and the hoodie had a rainbow VS logo on it and a day after I wore it the logo already was coming off the hoodie.I like nubra for bras they are really nice and strapless and backless too so I can wear them with dresses.

(0) Hearts

This really has nothing to do with VS's return policy, but I never had a good experience trying to find a well-fitting bra at VS. I do not think the staff are trained in proper bra measuring or fitting at all, unfortunately... And aside from that, I have little reason to shop at VS since I wear a hard-to-find size anyway (30E, which I pretty much rely on Nordstrom to order for me). Before I lost weight, they also looked at me like I was some alien from outer space that dropped into the store... sigh. I just don't agree with VS's policies in general.

That said, their nightgowns, sleepwear, and panties are actually quite cute, and in the past I have enjoyed them....

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You want to hear a crazy policy? Here it goes...

I purchased a robe and decided to return it. I had the receipt, the tags were still attached and it was within the return period. The cashier refused to return the robe becasue it had the security tag still attached. It must have been defective because it never went off when I left the store. The cashier said that because the security tag was still attached, it was a stolen item and couldn't be returned. I gave her the receipt with my credit card number on it and she said it didn't matter that I had a receipt it was stolen merchandise because of the security tag. I demanded to speak to the manager and she said the same thing. How could it be stolen when it was paid for? The manager refused to answer. I told her either return it or I was going to call the police. I had my phone out and was just about to dial 911 when she finally agreed to the return. They never apologized or took responsibility for the fact that it was their fault that the tag wasn't removed.

Another time, I purchased some panties when they had their July semi annual sale. I noticed that I was charged full price for a pair even though it was red marked. I took the item back for a adjustment and was told by the manager that I probably took a red pen and marked it down myself. If I was going to rip off a store, I think I would do it for more than $2.50. She then told me I should have called and asked her permission to return the item. I returned the panty and never went back in a Victoria Secret again. The people in there are just plain crazy.

(0) Hearts

I have had NOTHING but trouble with this in Washington state. Rude managers literally arguing with me for EXCHANGES bought online that did not fit correctly. Every single return I have done has been with legitimate receipts and for legitimate reasons. I have an illness and continuously lose weight. What I ordered 2 weeks ago may not fit now so what am I supposed to do? The items were sitting unworn in my closet and when I felt well enough to actually bring some things in on multiple trips to have to funds put on a gift card for the purpose of re-ordering in the correct size, I got to this supposed limit real quick. Now I am stuck not able to exchange or return anything and I have NEVER had a no receipt return. That is just plain crap when their policy states you can return the item for ANY REASON WITHIN 90 DAYS. Their stuff can be very expensive so I cannot believe they are limiting with receipt returns. I have never even heard of such crap before. They do not want to put their clothing line in their stores so people can actually see how things will fit...which by the way their stuff is all over the place in fit. I have everything from and XS to a L in my closet. This is a company that is punishing legitimate customers with receipts because of other people that scam. That is just a bunch of crap.

(0) Hearts

They don't swipe my IDs when I'm exchanging... I think they're supposed to. 

I completely agree with the shopper who brought up the problem of returns WITH a valid receipt.  Limiting returns to 7 in 90 days directly conflicts with their return policy, stating that:

"We take great pride in our reputation for quality and excellent value. It is important to us that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you do not absolutely love your selections, we will gladly issue a refund for the value of the merchandise or exchange your items within 90 days of purchase".

If I am not completely satisfied, and I present a valid receipt within 90 days, I want to be able to return any items I purchased.  As a result of this questionable return policy for customers WITH receipt I have stopped shopping at VS as I no longer feel that I receive adequate service.

(0) Hearts

I'm of two minds on this...On the one hand, 7 returns in 90 days would be a LOT for me, so I wouldn't blink at that limit.  On the other hand, if you bought 100 items in that time, returning 7 (or 10) would be such a small percentage that you could hardly be seen as trying to pull something.  Surely they could track returns as a percent?  But I wouldn't expect a policy change anytime soon.

I've actually worked for VS so I can tell you my personal thoughts on it from an insiders perspective.  There are MANY scammers out there and unfortunately you have to pay the price because of them.  They will steal from one store then try to return without a receipt at another.  And I'm sure you can imagine, this happens a lot.  And individuals who see their scam working will continue to do it until they are caught of course and at multiple locations. When you know someone likely was stealing, other locations in proximity are usually called and warned.

I understand limiting a return without a receipt, but my concern is limiting a return WITH a receipt. That's what my rant was about. Maybe you can give me some insight.

Sometimes scammers will legitimately buy one of an item and then steal others and try to return those to get the money back. Honestly though VS is just awful in general. They're sale associates are never knowledgeable about bra fitting and are often snide. The bras wear out really fast and have no support to begin with. All of their stuff is over priced. I think there are better places out there. I work at Soma Intimates and we CONSTANTLY (a few times a day) get women who shopped at VS and after they shop with us they never go back. 

I have trouble trying to tell people they are in the wrong size all the time. I've gone to several different VS and been measured out of curiosity. All of them gave me different measurements. I'm not sure if it's bad fitting, society's idea of what the letters should look like, or the bra companies for making a lack of sizes.You don't even need to take your shirt off for me to tell. If I see quad **bleep** your cups are too small. I've never been able to get people to understand that letters past D are not bigger than watermelons. Sometimes trying to explain cup size is relative to band size makes me bang my head against a wall. I've literally explained it to men and they instantly understood but explained it to women with pictures, charts, and bra's for comparison in my hands and had them think I was crazy. 

I still shop at VS. Not because I love them or anything but because there is literally no other place to buy bras around here. I've ordered a few off line but have trouble fitting myself since styles run differently and i feel like returning would be a pain. My other problem is for some reason it's exceptionally hard to find plain nude molded cup bras in the right size. All the pretty patterns and designs show through my thin shirts. 

I feel like this was a rant and a bit off topic, but I wrote it all out so I'm posting it anyway. I'm sorry. 

[ Edited ]

I had an ex that was wearing a 40-something DD because "DD is huuuuge!" and it turned out she was a 32J. The wrong bra size is so, so common. The best, most consistent fittings I've ever seen are at... wait for it - Nordstrom. (Seriously, what is with that place? They measured a friend of mine, gave her the size she should be and said, "We don't carry this size. You can check these other stores: *named stores*") 

The VS in the town that I grew up in would measure you over your shirt, and told every single customer "You're a 34D"...WRONG.

I've never had my license taken for a return with a receipt. In fact, I've never had my license taken without a receipt (although they've asked me my name and address and phone number). Maybe it depends on your location whether or not they take your ID? I've done returns/exchanges at OH and PA stores on a semi-regular basis (almost always exchanges... maybe 1 or 2 returns where I don't repurchase something in 6 months time) and I've never given my ID.

And I just read the back of my VS receipt from yesterday (I'm addicted to VS shopping!) and it says: "In select stores, a government-issued ID is required for all returns and exchanges. VS will electronically scan this ID for the sole purpose of preventing return abuse." So I guess I was right... it just depends on the store.

[ Edited ]

Yes, I second this.  I live in Ohio and have made returns at VS without giving ID or having any limits put on it.  In fact, during semiannuals, I like to buy clearance at one store and then drive to the other VS to see what they might have to match what I bought or if there's something there I like better.  Then, I usually return a handful of items (with tags attached and receipt of course) once I decide what I'm keeping (I'm super indecisive).  I've never had a problem or any attitude.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Maybe because people take advantage of their GWPs? Like buy something to get the GWP and then return the item. They do a lot of GWPs.

I don't often return things. Maybe clothes I bought online that don't fit.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats