thesupergirl

Valentine's day!!!!!!!!

Once again I don't have a boyfriend for valentine's day but that's ok I'm totally fine with it more valentine's love for my mom and brother! But it got me curious what are all you guys and girls getting your sweethearts for valentines day?

IllegallyBlonde

Re: Valentine's day!!!!!!!!

(0) Hearts

I asked (yes I asked, because he mentioned it haha) for a ...drumroll.... Sephora giftcard. I have no idea what I'm getting him, I'm pretty sure he hates Vday. Maybe I'll buy him beer.

malday

(0) Hearts

I don't know about this year, but last year I ordered three books that my bf wanted from Amazon and had them delivered so that each of the three days leading up to Valentine's day he'd get a book and a little message from me. I also baked him cookies.

cookies

He had flowers sent to my job

flowers

And then later that night we went to one of our favorites bars together and left for home as soon as it started getting crowded (we're not fans of crowds lol).

IllegallyBlonde

Ohh I forgot about the baking! I used to bake for him all the time and I've been slacking lately. I make these "butterbeer cupcakes" that I invented that he loves. 

missey1973

My husband and I have been together for 20 years. I have learned that there is only one thing he really wants on Valentines Day..... a steak diner, the tv remote all to himself and no nagging from me for the day. HAHA

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

thanks guys :smileyvery-happy:

shoppiturt

(0) Hearts

I'm also single4life and will have class that day. So I'm gonna spend the first half dreading having to be at school and the second half curled up in bed or something with a huge stash of chocolate and google pics of guys I think are hot lmao. 

urbandecaybabe

I am the most single singleton to ever single, so. I'll be going to class that day and treat it as a normal Friday. :smileytongue:

Well, TFIOS trailer comes out that day. So I'll be looking forward to that.

(Is that pathetic??? Crap.)

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Please, that's not pathetic I'm planning on coming home from work and having a power rangers marathon(seasons8-12 came in last week!)

killahbabe

I'm not "allowed" to get my hubby anything for Valentine's day. He thinks it's more of a husband/boyfriend to wife/girlfriend holiday and not the other way around.

But I will be wearing this for him when we go out for dinner:

vdaydress.jpg

Erendira

(0) Hearts

Where is this dress from?!?!

killahbabe

It's from Urban Outfitters, Erendira :smileyhappy:

Erendira

Oooooo pretty! If you don't mind, post a pic of your date outfit and make up :smileyhappy:

killahbabe

I can do that!  :smileyvery-happy:

lilahtov

Seconding this request! :smileyhappy:

killahbabe

Of course I will oblige, Lilahtov! Maybe I'll start a Valentine's Day Looks thread or something. haha.

AznAngelLiz

(0) Hearts

My husband's birthday is on the 10th so Valentine's Day is more for him than it is for me. Lol. 

We usually do dinner on the 12th or 13th to avoid the Valentine's Day crowd. I got him this collector's edition video game and controller. I'll give him the game on his birthday and then the controller on Valentine's Day.

He usually gets me flowers and chocolates, but never a card. He hates cards, VDay, birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc. I don't think he's ever gotten anyone a card in the past 10 yrs. 

Jandi

(0) Hearts

Gorgeous dress!

killahbabe

(0) Hearts

Thank you, Jandi! :smileyhappy:

leolion

We mostly focus on out 3 year old daughter, but we will probably go to dinner, and I will buy something sexy to wear for my hubby, which I haven't done for a looooong time and treat him to a massage with some almond oil.  I also will have my daughter make him something and get some little food gift for her to give to him.

LCResz

Advice from the heart: dudes usually don't dig stuffed animals, and if they do they are generally a specific kind (like all Curious George toys if his name is George, and he's been getting them from his mom/aunt/sis as an inside joke forever.) Also, please don't get a guy something that is related to his hobbies unless you know the brands he likes. It would be like a guy buying you a random tube of lipstick and you have to fake being excited but all you can think about is returning the gift and getting what you actually will use. Guys are as snobby about their guitar picks as girls are about their eyeshadow :smileywink:

Stick to food, especially homemade. All the guys I know don't like clutter but they love a food. The old saying "a way to a man's heart is through his stomach" still holds true today :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 45 replies
  • 41 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • killahbabe
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • ladymeag