malday

Usernames

So today I was thinking about usernames and was just wondering how everyone came up with theirs and if there is any special meaning behind them? 

I came up with mine before I discovered BT and in the most boring way possible haha. It's just my first initial and last name.

Note: I saw a topic on this but it was from 2011 and only a few people posted lol so I thought this might be fun to bring up again.

gogreyhound

Re: Usernames

mine is because i love greyhounds---the dogs, not modes of transportation!  I love all animals and dog breeds, but greyhounds are my favorite dogs. they make amazing pets!

tinaaz

Mine's kinda boring too - tina is a nickname for my real name, a is my middle initial, and z is the initial for my last name.

BrennaBombshell

I got my username because it's the same one I've used for the past 10-12 years. My nickname was Brenna Bombshell in high school, from an Operation Ivy song called Bombshell. I have it tattooed on my arm and everything. :smileyvery-happy: 

Urbie

Good to know, malday :smileyhappy:  for some reason I've always read your name as "mal day" and wondered why you were having a bad day! Adjusting my brain to read m alday now though :smileyhappy:

my username is similar, I have a long last name, and my family has always shortened it to "urbie" when writing on gift tags or cards to friends and family (as in, "Love, The Urbies").

malday

(0) Hearts

Haha, honestly it really didn't occur to me that it sounded like mal day or something unhappy until somebody mistyped it as malady once, but then again this username wasn't even intended for a forum or anything!

NotCrocker

I've mentioned this in another thread, but my username is the name of my cooking and baking blog. It came from an inside joke with a friend about how she was a bit of a Marthabot (Martha Stewart), she loved to emulate a 50's housewife. I always told her that I was no Martha! So, when it came to me creating my website, I was going to go with NotMartha but that didn't really make sense without her last name, Betty Crocker was a lot more distinct. It kind of stands for me making things from scratch, not from a box, and all that.

gritts

my username was supposed to be grits, but that was taken, so I added the extra 't'. 

So now it means "girl raised in the true (lol) south"

poppit

Poppit is the affectionate nickname my boyfriend of 8 years and I use for eachother in place of "honey" or "babe" which I can't stand. One of the first movies we saw together was the first Pirates of the Caribbean and that scene where the pirate finds Kira Knightly in the closet and says "'allo Poppit.." turned into a little inside joke between us and that just sort of morphed into a nick name.  

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

That's cute!  Like Tracy and Hepburn in Adam's Rib.

bndida

bndida is short for bandida which means female bandit in spanish. just a nickname of mine. :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

Shortstuff was a nick name from a good friend in high school, sadly he and I don't speak any more.  07 is the year I graduated from high school.  

meecheroo

My real name is Michelle, but my mom doesn't know how to pronounce my name because she speaks "Engrish" and pronounces it as meecheroo lol

IllegallyBlonde

If your mom named you, then SHE gets to decide how it's pronounced ;-) You're forever Meecheroo with an odd way of spelling it. Kidding! I think that's so cute, though 

Mine is because.... I'm blonde... BUT I'm a "fake" blonde ..hence "illegally" lol

Heatoyos1

How cute. Are you part Japanese? 

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

Yes, half, although I don't think I look it.

Urbie

(0) Hearts

I always thought you were hapa japanese from your avatar :smileyhappy: I'm half chinese!

Heatoyos1

I am Japanese American, too. But a yonsei from So Cali. That's how I could tell your mom was probably Japanese. :smileyhappy:

midnightangel

Mine's from a Pat Benetar song.

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

love Pat!!!!

katie1724

I love that song…the video was the best, even if it scared me as a kid (haha).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 209 replies
  • 706 hearts
  • 85 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • anaa