malday

Usernames

So today I was thinking about usernames and was just wondering how everyone came up with theirs and if there is any special meaning behind them? 

I came up with mine before I discovered BT and in the most boring way possible haha. It's just my first initial and last name.

Note: I saw a topic on this but it was from 2011 and only a few people posted lol so I thought this might be fun to bring up again.

malday

Re: Usernames

[ Edited ]

mermaid barbie

This comes up when I Google Mermaid Barbie. I used to have the purple one haha. Those dumb velcro stars would get stuck in everything and tangle my Barbie's hair.

shoppiturt

I used to have one of these too! Those stars would really hurt if I stepped on them. x)

punctuationgeek

Oh my gosh! I had forgotten all about these dolls. I had the gold one. Those stars were a nightmare though. But I still have all my old Barbies, and I refuse to get rid of them! :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

Haha, I still have barbies somewhere boxed up from when I was a kid.I love dolls.

anaa

Mine is a variation of the spelling of my last name.  I didn't pick it for BT - I think it was from when I did some reviews way back when.

seevee

My initials CV. 

SirenPrincess

I'm SirenPrincess pretty much everywhere.  I originally picked the name on LiveJournal, I think, and I've been that name ever since.  It's from my cat Siren.  She passed away a couple of years ago when we were staying in Jersey, and she's buried in northern Jersey now. After she passed, I considered not using the name anymore, but it had become such a part of who I am and I thought it a good way to remember her.

upload_5179881535483528024.jpg

KayyLynn

She is so pretty. I have had a black cat since I was in high school, he is getting quite old. I must say he is unlike any other cat I have ever had. Sorry for your loss, I like that you kept using the name in remembrance.

This is Charlie

IMG_24301.JPG

anaa

What a handsome guy!

KayyLynn

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

DandyLionFluff

Wow, what beautiful eyes.

I'm sorry she has gone.  

I bet you were the best mom to her.

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Thank you

malday

Aww she's so pretty, it's always hard losing a pet. I think I had about 3 or 4 different livejournals all with different names, impressive that you've kept the same across so many sites for so long!

SirenPrincess

It's almost like SirenPrincess *is* my name.  I've met some people from online before and I didn't even notice when they called me Siren instead of my first name.

anaa

She's beautiful.  She reminds me of my Ruby, but Ruby's eyes are gold.  Sorry for your loss, it's so hard to say goodbye.  ruby.jpg

katie1724

(0) Hearts

Ruby is beautiful -- I love her name and her collar!

DandyLionFluff

Wow, her eyes are so striking.

Such a pretty kitty.

SirenPrincess

What a pretty kitty!  They even have the same tags.  I adopted two girls as soon as we moved back home.  They're going to be two soon.  Arya looks a lot like Siren but she doesn't have those gorgeous green eyes.  Khaleesi is still tiny and looks like a kitten even though she eats like a horse.

upload_4763837525979728586.jpg

DandyLionFluff

OMG you must be a huge Game of Thrones fan.

Have you read the books, or do you watch the HBO show.

I started by watching the show, but now I am reading the books.  I just finished the 3rd book.  I am a super slow reader.

SirenPrincess

I'm watching the show and then reading the books after the season. I tried doing it the other way but liked the suspense of the show better. Hubby has read them all.

Isn't Khaleesi just the cutest name for a cat, though?  It was hard coming up with something on the level of Siren Princess to show the majesty of a cat, but Khaleesi seemed to have that same sort of meaning to me.  And Arya is partially the Game of Thrones Arya and partially the Arya from the Eragon books, an elf princess.  They are definitely 100% my princesses :-)

anaa

That's so cute!  I have 4, someone found Ruby, the one pictured that looks like your Siren, and brought her to me.  I always wanted a solid black cat, they are so incredibly sleek.  I have 2 other females and one grumpy male.  Here are the other two ladies Bunny and Muffin.girls.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 223 replies
  • 739 hearts
  • 95 in conversation
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • anaa