prettyinpa

Urban Decay NAKED 2 swatches

My NAKED 2 palette just came in today, YAY!  Here are the color swatches, note I am really pale and FOXY is about my skin color, it is packed on, but just barely shows up. It is a great highlighter for under the brow bone.

Colors top arm, left to right:

FOXY (barely visible on my pale skin, sorry,

HALF BAKED

BOOTYCALL

CHOPPER

TEASE

SNAKEBITE (gorgeous!)

Bottom arm:

SUSPECT

PISTOL

VERVE

YDK

BUSTED

BLACKOUT.

Foxy, Tease and Blackout are matte, Bootycall is nearly matte, other colors are shimmer.

Hope this helps you all in deciding to get this palette or not.  Personally, it is my new absolute favorite!!!!!!

img1.jpg

dianabt

Re: Urban Decay NAKED 2 swatches

Hi ladies!

If any of you have some great tips and color ideas on how to mix and match and apply the Naked 2 Palette shades, please share them here! :smileyhappy: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

@diana- I posted my favorite color combos on your link, I also have great fun using colors from NAKED 2 with NAKED 1.  Some of the colors from 2 like Verve and Bootycall really brighten up the look of the dark colors of NAKED 1, so I can wear them together. 

dianabt

(0) Hearts

Great, thanks so much! The other mods and I thought it would be a great topic to share with all of you, especially since we are expecting the Naked 2 in early next week! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
pinkforlife15

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the swatches! I finally was able to order it online yesterday so I am sooo excited to get it! Yay! :smileyvery-happy:

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Lovely! Thank you for posting -- I think mine came today, too! :smileyvery-happy: From these swatches, I really like Pistol and Snakebite...

anaa

Mine came today also, they did a great job of getting the orders processed very quickly! 

katie1724

I think mine came today, per USPS tracking...I'm counting down the minutes until I can get my hands on this thing! Is it awful that I think I'm skipping the gym after work to go check my mail? (I know, I know...but it's also so crowded...I don't want to wait even longer!)

anaa

Hope it arrived!

katie1724

Thanks, anaa -- it did! Now I can't wait to compare the two. At first glance, it looks similar to Naked, but from the swatches, I know it's different. I can't wait to try it out :smileyhappy:

katie1724

I didn't do swatches, but I thought it might be interesting to see a side by side shot :smileyhappy: Naked 2 is on the left. I really like the metal packaging!

Naked and Naked 2.jpg

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

@katie1724-  I love the new metal packaging that UD is using now. The Mariposa palette is also in a nice metal box and it is so easy to keep clean and I think would be better protected from stray damage while packed in my suitcase. I have accidentally damaged things in my makeup bags from my curling iron poking the bag while travelling. I hate the giant plastic box from the 15th anniversary palette, it is clunky, the lid is always in danger of falling on the floor and is way too big to pack in my suitcase. After all, I do need a few clothes in there besides all my makeup!:smileyvery-happy:

Also, nice pictures!  I had a hard time taking my swatch pictures, the camera kept trying to change settings on me while I was juggling it and trying to hold my arm still so the picture wouldn't be blurry.

angiepie

OMYGoodness!! Aahhhh!! I have to have this, especially after seeing pictures of Naked&Naked2 Palettes side by side. ThankYou for posting! Where did YouAll order from, UrbanDecay online? I am so sad I missed out. IHope I can get UDNaked2 for maybe a Christmas Present.. ;-) So Happy that You Lucky Girls were able to get, I know UD Naked Palette was almost extinct after Product release last year. I was very Lucky to be one of the first owners of it @Sephora Store Briarwood. HappyHolidays! AngieB.
prettyinpa

NAKED 2 is currently available again on UD's website if you just have to have one now. It's about 1PM, don't know how long they'll last.....

prettyinpa

For all you out there who missed the first offering of UD's NAKED 2, they are available on their website- it's now 12:51, don't know how long they'll last, so if you want one right now, hasten over there.

waterbaby1981

I am LOVING the colors in Naked 2 so far.  I wore Verve on my lids, Blackout in the outer corners, and Pistol in the crease, with Booty Call as a highlight.  Blended it all really well and it looked so natural!  Well, as natural as it can for daytime with Blackout and Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Black Kohl. 

The only thing I should have done differently is gone upstairs to get my UD eyeliner in Perversion or Zero instead.  I had forgotten how easily the cream shaper eyeliner smudges and doesn't set.  Not exactly the look I was going for with eyeliner smudged after 3 pm this afternoon.

I used Snakebite in the look I wore yesterday in the outer corners with Verve on lids again (can't remember the one in the crease at the moment) with UD eyeliner in Flipside.  Looked great and I got complimented on the eye makeup and liner specifically at Pioneer Place yesterday while my sister and I were shopping!

dianabt

Thank you for posting!

I have to agree with everyone, VERY pretty and I love the selection of shades in there. :smileyhappy: I definitely do not need it but.. I have a feeling I may give in sooner than later. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
brandiandi

Yay! Glad you were able to get it today. Thank you for taking time to post the swatches.

katyl128

Those are very pretty colors, but I'm still on the fence about this palette. Knowing me though, I'll probably end up getting it because I love anything Urban Decay :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Thank you so much for posting these!!  I can see Foxy (I can't help but think of my bf's cat lol) a bit, and I bet it does make a wonderful highlight!  This palette looks much friendlier for light complexions compared to the first Naked, and seems like it would still look good for the summertime tan.  I only have 3 colors from that palette (Verve and Suspect from the Rollergirl Palette and Chopper from Urban Ammo), so it would still be a pretty good deal.  The colors also appear less shimmery/dramatic compared to the neutrals from the 15th Anniversary Palette, which are more for bolder looks in my opinion.   I can't wait for this to hit the stores!!

prettyinpa

@kimmi- The colors are definitely less shimmery than the 15th palette, I tried all of them out (my lids look slightly pink from all the makeup remover I used to do this) lol. There is also no fallout, which is a big plus for me because I get bloodshot eyes if I use a shadow with a lot of fallout unless I use a sealer, and sometimes in the AM if I am in a rush, there isn't time. You can pack the color on for a dark look or blend it out and you still get a very definite look. I also like the matte colors, which is rare for me, they usually just look dirty on me, these ones in NAKED 2 don't have whatever color component that gives matte shadows that unpleasant look. 

I can't say enough about how much I love this, I will definitely get another one for travel after everyone else gets one, I don't want to be piggy!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 83 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • anaa
    • brandiandi
    • angiepie