jellybean917

Unrelated to Beauty, Related to Happiness

As some of you may or may not know, my fiance and I have been in a long-distance relationship for a little over 2 years now. The whole reason I wanted to go to graduate school in Boston was because he had a job offer in Boston. I applied, was accepted, and accepted my offer - only to find the department where Luke was going to go work lost its funding, and he lost the offer. The only good part was that he hadn't yet quit his current company.

I've been up here since August of 2011, and he's been looking for a job up here. Not the whole time - at one point, I was so depressed that I was going to quit school and go back to Cincinnati. However, I realized it's best to go for this opportunity and stay in school. So he started up his job search again.

Three months ago, he saw there was a position open in the Boston branch of his current company. He applied and waited and waited...and HE GOT IT. The love of my life is coming to Boston.

Unfortunately, I have to wait a few more months while they get his replacement at his current position (engineer stuff, needs government clearance, hush hush).

That's all, I just thought I'd share the good news with my BBFFs! :heart:

mafan

Re: Unrelated to Beauty, Related to Happiness

(0) Hearts

This is wonderful news!  Will he be working in the city or outside in one of the tech belts?  I'm glad you didn't give up on grad school because I know you're at a great place, but it will be so wonderful when you're both able to be together again.  And Boston is a great place to be, especially in high tech.

I know it will seem like ages dealing with government stuff, but at least it will be happening.  Now you'll have to get used to living with someone instead of on your own. :smileyhappy:

Titian06

Congratulations, @jellybean!

garnett

I am so happy for both of you!  I hope everything works out as planned and you get to spend a lot of quality 3D time together!! :smileyhappy:

DrWould

Aww, so excited for you!! My boyfriend and I are kind of long distance right now... I'm in college and he's working so we're in different states. But I'm looking at grad schools over near where he is and there is actually a program at a school near him that I'm really interested in. I hope we'll be reunited like you two!! 

BTW I'm from Boston! I'm out of state for school but that's where home is :smileyhappy: It's an amazing city! 

jellybean917

Aww I hope it works out for you too!! Boston is really cool, but it'll be even better when I can enjoy it with him :smileyhappy:

DesertRose0706

Thats great!  Im very happy for you!

carolang

Congratulations!! My husband and I were long distance for 2 years before we were married as well. It is tough. No matter how much we talked on the phone when I'd see him in person I'd sometimes feel like I didn't know who he was anymore... Such a strange feeling, but that was towards the end. There certainly is no benefit to long distance but being independent and exploring a new city (part of the time I was starting at school as well) was interesting for me since I hadn't been on my own in a while. However when my husband joined me that was the best. You deserve to be reunited! Have fun showing him the real Boston life! Glad to hear you didn't give up on your schooling!

jellybean917

Wow, carolang, thanks for sharing! It's so true, sometimes when we see each other, it starts out so awkward. We're on Skype a lot, but it's weird to see him in 3D.

I'm glad everything worked out for you!!

spoiledbrat

Awe that is so sweet - good things come to those who wait - i am so happy for you both <3

LCResz

Hooray for happy beginnings! (love knows no end :smileyvery-happy:)

I hope he's by your side in time to snuggle during those cold winter nights, congrats on the awesome news!

rumbalove

congrats! boston is an amazing city for food and night life :smileyhappy:

Meg82

YAY!  I'm so excited for you, that's fantastic.

glossyguru

That's great! I can only imagine how hard a long distance relationship must've been, and it's great that he found a job in Boston!

oklady2013

What wonderful news. I know you're counting the days. hopefully he can be there for the holidays. I love Boston at holiday time.

BeautyJunkie325

That is amazing!  So happy for you both. :smileyhappy:

anaa

Great news for you!  Congratulations!

veronika23

Yay!  Such good news!  Good for you :smileyhappy:

pearlgirl7

Yay!!! Congrats!! 

theramenlover

What exciting news! Congratulations to both you and your fiance :smileyhappy: I'm sure you guys have waited a long, long time for this and I'm really happy for you guys! 

What's a few months now compared to how long you've already waited? ;D This proves that good things do come to those who wait! 

upload_1145272256170025518.gif

jellybean917

This bear is too cute!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • anaa