spacesuit

USPS losing packages? :(

Have any of you had trouble with USPS (not UPS) losing a package?

I just now checked the tracking number for a package I was waiting on (an order from Stila) and it says it was delivered today around 3 pm, but when I checked the mail before I went out this evening (around 5:30) we only had the regular supermarket ads. My apartment complex does this thing where if the package is too big to fit in your mailbox the letter carrier leaves you a note with a key to a locker near the leasing office, but there was nothing like that when I checked the mail. They only knock on your door for packages if it's too big to fit in the locker or if the package needs a signature, and I only ordered one thing so the box could have easily fit in the locker - so it's not like I missed someone knocking on the door or leaving a "sorry we missed you" slip.

Should I contact the post office / the leasing office / Stila customer service tomorrow morning? Has anything like this happened to you when ordering from a company that ships via USPS? ugghhhh I'm worried, the stuff I got was a present for a friend whose birthday is really soon and it wasn't cheap either :smileysad:

oklady2013

Re: USPS losing packages? :(

WOOO. I'm so glad you got it.

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

Thank you me too! All stressed over nothing :smileyvery-happy:

spacesuit

So, my package was with the leasing office! The letter carrier left a slip in my mailbox this afternoon and I just picked it up. Crisis averted. :smileyhappy:

LCResz

Hooray! Happy you got your stuff!

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

Me too! My introductory Julep box got here a week early too, I was surprised!

oklady2013

spacesuit I saw that happen with a TSB except it just said electronic information received then nada then several days later it was out for delivery with all the in between scna when nothing had been there the day before. Me thinks USPS updating system is glitching. Maybe it's about frozen from all the cold weather too. I hope you get your package soon.

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

Weird, definitely. I bet the cold weather has something to do with it, I wouldn't be surprised if all the ice and snow has been causing all kinds of errors and delays.

mberteig

The USPS lost a package that was an item I was returning for a refund.  I hadn't heard back from the retailer about the status of my refund, so when I contacted them, they said they had not received the returned item from me.

USPS tracking last showed that they tried to deliver it, but there was never any confirmation that it was actually delivered.

I contacted them several times by phone, but they were less than helpful and I got nowhere.

I eventually filled out a claim online, thank goodness I had sent the package insured!  There was no issue with the claim, it was approved very quickly, and they sent me a check in the mail less than a week later.

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

I'm glad you sent it insured and that at least the claim process went smoothly. Whenever I return stuff by mail I always worry a little about what would happen if the package got lost, especially when I don't hear back from the company for a while.

itsjaimiehere

Yep :smileyhappy: They lost my Glossybox!! I called them today and was on hold for 45 minutes!! They just told me that they'd open a ticket and have someone call me within 24 hours.

spacesuit

Oh no!! I've read so many things about Glossybox shipping being slow or weird, too. I hope you can get yours soon.

itsjaimiehere

(0) Hearts

Thanks :smileyhappy: Glossybox didn't ship it until the 31st (which is ridiculous) and it hasn't had any tracking updates since then.

shyvicki

I had the USPS lose a package this past November. It had contained two books, one a Christmas gift. The tracking had said they delivered it when it was not in my mailbox. I first contacted the post office, but didn't get very far with them. I then contacted Barnes & Noble, who sent me a replacement package. Ironically I got the original and replacement packages just a day apart a week later. I took the books from one of the packages to the nearest B&N store.

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

Oh no! How stressful to not have someone's Christmas gift in time :smileysad: I'm glad B&N were accommodating though!

Alygal90

[ Edited ]

Yes, contact them.

I did a trade and it took over three weeks for my package to get to me. Not fun when you're stuck thinking you've been taken advantage of :/

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

That must have been super frustrating, I'm glad you eventually got it though! :smileyhappy:

pipsqueek1582

I'm having lots of issues currently with getting packages... I placed an order two weeks ago or better, tracked the package and saw it was at the facility 7 miles from my house last Thursday...and today...it's in Utah! And I live in Minnesota! How it got from so close to so far away is beyond me...but I've had lots of package frustration lately. Yesterday I placed and order and spent an extra $20 for shipping...yes...I really need it before the weekend! So I paid for the next day air...supposed to be here tomorrow, but as of this moment, UPS doesn't even have a record of my package! Fingers crossed I get it when I'm supposed to...or I will demand my $20 for shipping be refunded!!!

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

That's really strange, I have no idea how that happens! I hope you get your package ASAP or at least a refund on the $20 shipping if it doesn't get to you in time.

laurennnlove

YES!!! I am very frustrated with Fed Ex and USPS right now.  I have a package coming from Bare Minerals that I ordered well over a week ago, I've gotten confirmation that it has shipped and that it is in transit and still have not gotten it.  It has said "in transit" for a week. And on the tracking link through Fed Ex it says its supposed to arrive Wed 1/29...Well wednesday 1/29 has come and past Fed Ex, lets go!...

Also, I have a package from Victorias Secret via USPS and I have called VS and they said that according to their records I should have already received it but when I talk to USPS they say it is still in transit..... So frustrating. 

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

I wonder what's going on with them, I keep hearing horror stories about these companies. I've had problems with USPS tracking never updating too, like I'll receive a tracking number that never updates to the point where I get worried the package has been lost in the mail and then suddenly the package just shows up in my mailbox. It's so frustrating, I hope you get your orders figured out!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • shyvicki
    • yazmin
    • ilovebears
    • leolion
    • LCResz