annonymous1

Tuesday questions! :)

After waking up this morning and realizing my little heart party happened it put me in a great mood, so thank you guys for that :smileyhappy: anyways Questions!

1.) What is your background? like where are you/your parents/relatives from?

2.) whats your favorite thing that gets you going in the morning? 

3.) what is you biggest phobia?

4.) if you could live off one type of food (italian, chinese, cuban etc.) what would it be?

5.) who is someone you really admire?

ill start :smileyhappy: 

1.) my dads english/italian and my mom is from kentucky 

2.) i love listening to music while i get ready and do my makeup it gives me energy, also green tea helps alot 

3.) i'm really scared of heights and small spaces i'm very clausterphobic

4.) i could live off japanese food

5.) My grandma more then anything, she always knows the right things to say

etscore1

Re: Tuesday questions! :)

(0) Hearts

Ancestorally (Ancestorically?) I'm basically a European mutt. German, French, Scandanavian...

A long walk with my dog on the weekend. During the week, sports talk radio gets my brain going.

Centipedes. No. No. No. No.

4.) if you could live off one type of food (italian, chinese, cuban etc.) what would it be?

French - all of the amazing meals I've had have been routed in French cuisine/style. Italian is a close runner up - I'd really be fine with either.

Such a broad question. Virtually everyone I admire is someone who stood up for what was right in the face of adversity or when it was unpopular to do so. 

miabt

(0) Hearts

Re-doing an old one... fun!  I checked back to see if any of my answers (other than the obvious 1st one that wont change :smileywink: ) were the same...

LOL, that obviously doesnt change!

I usually have my jambox blasting something I can dance to after I drop off my girls, as I'm getting ready for work.  If anyone came home, they'd catch me singing & dancing around while I'm getting my day started! 

Heights, slimy things (slugs, snails, worms) and birds.  More so pidgins.... they give me weird anxiety & I go out of my way to get around them!

I love Italian!  I'm a carb-monster!

My daughter.  Shes a tough kid, going through a lot.  Her strength makes ME stronger!

xo, Mia

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

1) Family is from Ireland, both sides. 

2) Tea! I love loose leaf teas, so I have like 50 kazillion different kinds. I love the process of making tea, so it puts me in my happy place :smileyhappy: 

3) Spiders and losing my daughter in a scenario I have to control over (morbid and unnecessary I know lol)

4) Indian! My nanny growing up was Indian, so it's my go-to type of food. Plus, "Irish" food is boring... potatoes, anyone?

5) Besides obvious choices like a parent or best friend, my professor from college. She was just... amazing. And really allowed for us to explore our creative side even if we failed miserably. And she applauded our failures, because it meant we tried and learned from it. She has a lot of faith in her students, and I found that refreshing and I loved being around her. Such positive energy :smileyhappy:

jozkid

(0) Hearts

OK, I'll play:

Second generation American on both sides. Families are from Hungary/Austria/Germany and settled in Pennsylvania.

2.) Whats your favorite thing that gets you going in the morning?

My shower

3.) What is you biggest phobia?

Growing old alone

4.) If you could live off one type of food (italian, chinese, cuban etc.) what would it be?

I think Thai!

5.) Who is someone you really admire?

I think my maternal grandfather. He left his entire family and came to this country during the early 20s when he was in his early 20s — with just a 6th grade education. He was smart and a hard worker and he did the best he could for his family.

jenjendoitagain

This is an older post, but why not? It's still Tuesday...just a different year. :smileyvery-happy:

1.) What is your background? like where are you/your parents/relatives from? I'll vaguely say, The South

2.) whats your favorite thing that gets you going in the morning? I have a radio morning show I listen to every day that perks me up. :smileyhappy:

3.) what is you biggest phobia? Spiders, snakes, heights...going to Hell. Can I have more than one biggest phobia-I couldn't narrow it down.

4.) if you could live off one type of food (italian, chinese, cuban etc.) what would it be? Italian all the way!

5.) who is someone you really admire? Cliche, I know...but my Son.

miabt

Hi Tuesday!  Even though the day is winding down, I thought I'd hop on for todays fun questions :smileyhappy:

While my parents were born & raised here in California, and are very Americanized, our ethnicity is Filipino.  Heritage is very important to me :smileyhappy:

Fresh air.  I love that first bout of crisp air, it always gets me going

I'm not sure if its an actual phobia, but roller coasters, cars going extremely fast, driven by someone else... (especially cab drivers!!) The lack of control, it gives me serious anxiety :smileysad:

Italian for sure :smileyhappy:  It is my fave!!

My mom.  She made sacrifices for me & my siblings, and continues to do so.  I've always had a close relationship with her and I admire the strength she exudes!

xo, Mia

tashalicious

1.African American, my roots are in the South Carolina/ Savannah Georgia area but i was raised in New York

2. Scrambled eggs and orange juice

3. i can't think of any phobias so i must not have any. lol

4.Cuban! or any spanish food

5. President Obama

DesertRose0706

1 - i was born and raised in Arizona and my mom is from Wyoming, my dad from Chicago. 

2 - Coffee and good music on the drive to work.

3 - I am really paranoid of driving off of a mountain or cliff.  I have this same nightmare al the time where I am in a vehicle and someone else is driving and they drive us right off of a ledge.  I always volunteer to drive if I know i;m going some placw with a lot of mountains lol

4 - Either Thai food or Japanese food... yum

DoctorsMrs

Who knows? I'm adopted. My first few years are kind of a mystery.

Coffee and Music

Running out of something.  I stock up on EVERYTHING.

Middle Eastern

My husband. He's the most generous person I've ever met and he totally changed my life.

wendyomgwar

That's so sweet :smileyhappy: I feel like I'm waiting for Mr. Right and everyone is all blah blah blah doesn't exist but I swear reading little things like this makes me feel like he's out there somewhere :smileywink:

dolceloure

I hear that too a lot!! :-/ I think people just confuse Mr. Right with the fictitious Mr. Perfect. 

DoctorsMrs

He IS out there. Don't settle.

poemelyric

1) French and my mother is Haitien

2)Tons of coffee is what gets me going... and my ipod

3)Biggest phobia is forgetting my keys.  I triple check every morning and then throughout the day

4)Indian... I love indian food

5)Pete Doherty... I don't like some of the things he does but I love that he's a free spirit.

fran11

1.  Both of my parents were born in the same small village in Italy and came to the US when they were young teenagers. 

2. Caffeine - either coffee or tea will do!

3. Bugs and creepy crawly things.  I don't know why but I freak out if there is one in the house.  T

4. Tie between Mexican and Thai. and chocolate... i could definitely live on chocolate :smileywink:

5. My dad.  He came to the US on his own without his family as a teenager. He started a business from nothing and built a great life for his family. Hard work and dedication truly pays off.  

HMNewbie

1) My ancestor's came over from England in the late 1500's and, after a few decades in Virginia, went up into the Appalachian Mountains and didn't come down until a couple of generations ago.  There's probably some time in there in which my family tree did not fork.  Redneck, through and through.  (Sorry if that insults anybody.)

2) Must...have...caffeine!

3) Not being needed

4) Italian

5) Any strong woman with grace & poise.  We call them Steel Magnolias down here.   

Spyski

I currently live in MS, so I understand haha

jenpred

1. I was born here, but my family is from Romania, and other eastern European countries - my dad's side of the family is 100% Romanian, and my mom's side is from Romania, Hungary, Yugoslavia....

2. Honestly, not too much. I'm more of a night person, so I stay up verrry late, and I almost always have a hard time getting up in the morning. However, I love seeing my dogs and cat wag their tails when they first see me in the morning :smileyhappy: .

3. I recently developed this crippling fear of walking down stairs in pitch dark. My knees instantly start to buckle and I panic!!

4. Thai food!

5. Aside from my parents and best friend, I really admire Christine from Temptalia. She is such an inspiration!

janinebt

1.) I'm a 1st generation Californian. My parents are from Philadelphia and my grandparents/great-grandparents resided in Virginia for about 4 generations or so. I'm predominately black and 1/4th Native American (Cherokee on dad's side and blackfoot on my mom's side). For about half of my life I had the worst east coast PA accent despite never living there. It wasn't until a couple people pointed it out that I made an effort to 'fix' it.

2.) Coffee, pandora, and water

3.) I have the absolute worst fear of dead birds and rodents. I'm talking panic attack bad. It's the silliest thing in the world I know, but you could not pay me enough to pick up either. The funny thing is that I don't mind dealing or seeing larger dead things (dogs, cats...people).

4.) Umm...does gourmet vegan food count? Haha I'm not 100% vegan, but always feel like I'm doing my body such a service by eliminating animal byproducts.

5.) That's such a difficult question! My family and a lot of my friends for their bravery, kindness, determination, and hard work. They motivate me to be a better person :smileyhappy:.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Apocalyptica

1.) What is your background? like where are you/your parents/relatives from? - I'm Italian.

2.) whats your favorite thing that gets you going in the morning? I'd have to say waking up, seeing my kitty, hearing her purr and cuddle with me puts me in a pretty good mood to get up and star the day!

3.) what is you biggest phobia? Driving and getting into a wreck. :smileysad:

4.) if you could live off one type of food (italian, chinese, cuban etc.) what would it be? Italian.

5.) who is someone you really admire? Walt Disney. He really did some amazing things in his life.

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

1.) What is your background? like where are you/your parents/relatives from? American born, Pakistani parents
2.) whats your favorite thing that gets you going in the morning? There is absolutely nothing in this world that can get me going in the morning, lol. 
3.) what is you biggest phobia? spiders, heights, and a certain amount of social phobia
4.) if you could live off one type of food (italian, chinese, cuban etc.) what would it be? pakistani
5.) who is someone you really admire? my mentor from grad school. If you've seen Scrubs, he is the Dr. Cox to my J.D, lol.

^^ aah, this feels familiar!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 154 hearts
  • 40 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • poemelyric
    • wendyomgwar