ChicDabbler

Tuesday question?

First time trying my hand at this, lol. Happy Tuesday, hope it's going well so far? Just curious:

1. When you are sleep deprived, which one is more important: 15min more sleep or makeup as usual?

2. How do you wake up in the morning: tea, coffee, exercise, others?

3. How often do you check BeautyTalk? weekly, daily, hourly, havetabopenatalltime?

4. Favorite/go-to dish, and recipe?

5. What's your quick cheer me up? a food item, makeup item, perfume or?

1. I ditch makeup for sleep.

2. I need hot tea on cold mornings, or else I'm permanently attached to my bed.

3. Ha, I have a tab open all the time so.....yeah.......

4. Granola, less sugar than storebrought and quick enough to throw together for friends gatherings when I don't have time to go out buy stuff (oats + seeds + dried fruits + honey + butter. 10-15min in the oven at 325F). For bdays, chocolate rum cake's always a safe bet.

5. A spritz of perfume or nice smelling facial spray always cheer me up....and desserts also helps.

sephoramusthave

Re: Tuesday question?

1. more sleep plz

2. loud music, coffee

3. I have BT on even when I'm not home lol

4. I've recently been loving crab sticks. Roll in a mix of egg/flour/seasoning and cook in olive oil YUM

5. a good song, good people, and makeup/skincare. I'm literally still playing with all the beauty goodies I got for my bday a couple of days ago.

melissabt

1. When you are sleep deprived, which one is more important: 15 min more sleep

2. How do you wake up in the morning: tea, coffee, exercise, others? Coffee and a hot shower

3. How often do you check BeautyTalk? I'll leave this one for the community!

4. Favorite/go-to dish, and recipe? Sushi

5. What's your quick cheer me up? Cute pink or peach blush.

<3 Melissa
miabt

1. When you are sleep deprived, which one is more important: 15min more sleep or makeup as usual?

ohh man, as a parent, SLEEP is always the most important to me.  Sounds absolutely insane, but makeup isnt as important after little to no sleep!!

My morning coffee or tea is necessary.  Even though I dont start work until the afternoon, I'm up bright & early to shuffle my kids to school, so a little bit of caffeine is definitely my friend!
3. How often do you check BeautyTalk? weekly, daily, hourly, havetabopenatalltime?

I only check BT when I'm working.  Its important for me to have balance in my life & since BT is work, I try not to fiddle with it on my days off :smileywink:

Pasta, fried/breaded chicken & a mushroom alfredo.  LOOOOOVE <3

Lipstick.  More specifically, my new YSL Lip Stains.  Instant happiness in a gold tube.

xo, Mia

jenpred

1. Definitely 15 minutes more sleep! I am such a night owl that it's such a pain to get up in the morning...

2. With the most annoying phone alarm ever, and a cup of ice cold water, haha!

3. Daily! Sometimes more than once a day. It's become so addicting!

4. Mmmm I love shrimp fried rice, or a combo breakfast (bacon, eggs, hash browns, and pancakes...yumm!)

5. Swatching my eyeshadow palettes and my eyeliners!

qmgirl

more sleep for sure and then i do my makeup on the go or just do the bare minimum 

Green Machine Naked Juice and a good breakfast

Daily and several times a day. I usually have the tab open all day and keep going back to it when i have a chance.

I have no recipes because I am not a kitchen person unless I am eating in the kitchen. But my favorite go to dish is steak and rice. Its even easy enough for someone like me to make (sometimes lol)

A nice birght lip, clean hair or playtime with my beast (the last one is usually the best cheer me up!)

BTW by beast I mean my dog NOT a hot fireman! And playtime I mean tug of war not the other fun playtime (unfortunately) lol :smileywink:

neko333

[ Edited ]

Biologically I'm always sleep deprived so I choose makeup

2. How do you wake up in the morning: tea, coffee, exercise, others? Soda and Cartoons or News 

3. How often do you check BeautyTalk? weekly, daily, hourly, havetabopenatalltime? Daily 

French toast

5. What's your quick cheer me up? a food item, makeup item, perfume or? One of my pets

bre.jpg

she is super sweet and takes amazing photos. 

Corrina777

I work two jobs, sing in two choirs and do martial arts, so sleep deprived is my normal state of existence.  That's why I hardly ever wore makeup until very recently--I needed to start wearing makeup to rationalize the sudden explosion of eye shadow palettes in my makeup drawer.  So the answer now is usually the makeup

Depends- I try to start the day with a trip to the gym at least a few days each week, otherwise it's a hot shower and a glass of water before I go to work.  I've been scaling back on coffee, so I'm down to only 1-2 cups per week.

Since I found BT about a month ago, I probably check the site pretty close to hourly.  Unfortunately I have issues trying to actually respond from my cell phone, so I can't actually post anything until I get home (um that thread a while back about a cell phone app--yes, please!!)

Lately it's been quinoa tabouleh salad.  Quinoa, cuccumber, tomato, onion (I use red), parsley, lemon juice, olive oil (I also add some fresh garlic)

chocolate

LCResz

1. I rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep, I have a weird circadian rhythm; any extra sleep I can get I'll take.
2. Cuban coffee! 
3. When I'm home BT is open.
4. So many, but you can never go wrong with picadillo.
5. Perfume, definitely.

Titian06

I've been sleep deprived for the past 30 years; I don't have an issue with getting up since I'm already awake.

I'm awake when I get up.

Daily.

I prefer to fix a variety of dishes.

Crying.

clarks18

1. Makeup as usual.  Those extra 15 mins are only going to make me want even more!  Better to just get up and deal.

2. Coffee, water, allergy pill.

3. Daily, not as much as usual lately.

4. Calling my mom and asking her to make chocolate chip cookies.  That is my favorite recipe and try as I might mine just don't taste the same as her's.

5. Buying something makeup related.  Bad habit.

Meg82

1) It kind of depends what I'm waking up for.  If it's the first day of something or I have a particularly important event then I'll do the makeup but almost always I pick sleep.

2) Coffee.  Though I recently had a bad experience with coffee (I drank a whole pot in about 10 minutes on an empty stomach and then spent the rest of the day throwing up) and so have been getting my caffeine from cherry coke zero.

3) If I'm going to work or class, usually once or twice a day.  On days that I'm home doing reading it can be 10million times a day depending on how well I'm concentrating.

4) tacos with veggie crumble instead of meat.  it's a people pleaser (even meat-eaters) and it comes together in like 8 minutes.  

5) looking at pictures of my cat or cats on the internet always gives me a quick pick me up.  so does changing my lipstick shade (unless i'm deeply in love with what i'm already wearing)

kimchikween

- Definitely sleep!

- Ice cold water, then coffee

- Daily (at least)

- I'm known for fall-off-the-bone ribs (a real crowd pleaser and easy to do), but I find making mandu (Korean version of dumplings) therapeutic.

- A new purse is nice retail therapy.  Anything dark chocolate is always a pick-me-up, and videos of really cute puppies and kittens bring a smile to my face.  I usually have an episode or two of Animal Planet's "too cute!" kept on Tivo.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@beautytester (sorry I can't reply direct) there are seriously so good and easy! I made a huge batch and am going through it fast!!! Did you get the skinnytaste recipe as well?

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I did! Bookmarked! They look so delicious. It will have to wait a couple weeks tho, cuz my recent mooncake binge brought my weight up, I need it back to normal before I binge again on buffalo cauliflower. =P

wendyomgwar

1. Ha! Sleep is the reason I don't put on makeup lol.

2. My radio wakes me up ;_; I HATE waking up arrrg
3. havetabopenatalltime :smileyvery-happy:...
4. Err... take out! LOL
5. BLUSH =DDDDDDDDDDD

arielaaaaaaaa

Shocker on the Blush! I never would have guessed :smileytongue:

gongju87

realistically....sleep lol but I usually will sleep an extra 30 minutes since 15 minutes wont cut it for me

Shower, coffee, makeup, second cup of coffee, hair, clothes, out the door

daily!

I recently discovered a new recie for buffalo wing cauliflower....YUM

All of the above...if I'm stressed I usually go for naughty food lol but if I am sad, beauty items make me feel better

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

buffalo wing cauliflower? o.m.g. That sounds absolutely fantastic. I just searched for recipes and bookmarked. Totally making this next trip to grocery store *ignores my pimples*

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

1. Makeup & coffee & water. 15 more minutes usually ends badly for me, either I fall back into deep sleep or it makes me more groggy. I'm one of those people who can't take a cat nap. I need a good 2 hr nap to recharge. 

2. I wish I could roll out of bed & exercise, but I can't. After I take care of my teeth & skin I drink a nice LARGE, STRONG cup of coffee

3. All the time during the day. I multi task while doing work. In the evenings I only check once or twice. I hate going on the phone, so I stay away on the weekends. Catching up sucks, one day is ok, but more than 2 days & I feel like I missed os much

4. Sooooo many! Ukrainain food, Mexican, Italian, Asian. My friends call me the casserole queen because I can make one out of anything & make it taste good. Great for leftovers after a party. I like to expiriment when going to someones house, but it depends on what they need; baked pastry roll ups for apps, side salads, lemon squares with salt (even though I hate baking, this one's easy), mixed drinks- I make a mean white sangria! 

5. Alcohol! A nice glass of red or a Magners Cider usually do the trick. A hot bath, a run, seeing my parents dog, my honey... Depends on what's bugging me 

These were fun, engaging questions! 

makeupmaven

I agree, definitely great questions!

Another random #5...just bought some basil from the farmers market for pesto...my desk smells great now because of it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 65 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • spoiledbrat
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday