chiararaiden

Trends.....

What is at least one trend that you're sad went out of style, AND at least one you would like to quickly exit? 

Personally, I miss the crackle nail polish.... I loved to paint my toenails with a black base with gold glitter crackle.

I would love to say good bye to the pointed nails....  they look like panther claws.

Now your turn :-)

kenny

Re: Trends.....

I really love the coral trend. It's one of my favorite colors and it's nice that it's so easy to find right now.

One trend I really don't like and I see it starting to make another entrance is frosted lips. It looks good on very few people.

Arlandria88

Yes Kenny---- the coral, coral everywhere! I can't get enough!

swfupload_6268672409677436072.jpgPicked these up today at Nordstroms. (Sephora's right next door :smileyhappy:  )

kenny

(0) Hearts

Adorable sandals! :smileyhappy:

islandqt

I too miss the hair feathers. I have long hair and they really added an extra touch of prettiness IMO. I miss crackle as well especially since I still have polishes left in it.

I tried to like the Ombre hair look but it just always highlights the damage or split ends in someone's hair to me. Also, most people don't do enough of a colour gradient when doing ombre and it starts to look more like color-blocking which is a bit jarring.

I'm not really a fan of the metallic/duo-chrome/ombre lipstick trend either...

janinebt

(0) Hearts

The feathers were pretty fun! I will never forget the first time I saw my friend wearing them (years before it really got popular). They looked fantastic and really added some subtle depth without being too over the top. She was even able to curl them!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kimmi1115

I miss the crackle polish, too.  It was quick and easy for something more than a one color mani.  I kind of miss the feather earring trend, but not the really crazy feathers.  I've seen some feather earrings that were as long as some hair styles lol.  My cats would yank those out of my ears in a heartbeat.

Things that need to go: various outfit trends I see on campus lol.  I don't understand wearing yoga pants as daily pants, especially when they don't wear long enough shirts!  Learn to dress properly for school!  I have my lazy days, too, but they're nothing like that.  My lazy days are jeans or sweat pants (such as VS pink ones) with a t shirt.

chiararaiden

I kinda miss the hair feather - not so much the earrings... probably because I didn't really see anyone rock it well... but I really liked the subtle feathers that a lot of people had... it was like a hidden treasure :-D

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh my goodness i loved the feather trend! I had some and always got compliments! I loved my pick feather clip in extension!! It was sooo pretty! But it's sooo not in anymore otherwise i would probably put it in!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I had one of the clip in extensions, too!  I also loved it, and since it was a clip in, there was no long term commitment lol. 

Arlandria88

Given all of your positive comments about the ombre haircolor I'm tempted to reconsider. I thought it was over, but maybe I'm wrong. I love, love, love the look when it's done well by a professional. I have to say though-- I've seen some pretty sad do-it-yourself versions too.

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh i have seen some DIY Ombre gone wrong!! I had a client come in who attempted it and it looked horrible and she wanted it all dyed back! Some things really need to be left to the professionals! But by all means if you feel confident enough to DIY then go ahead, i've seen some people who understand it well enough to do it themselves!

Arlandria88

[ Edited ]

I miss ombre hair color. I loved my hair that way.

I would say good bye to the trend of having one finger nail polished a different color than the others. It looks like a mistake or an unfinished mani. Totally confuses me.

DTalksAll

I agree with carrierose! ROCK THE OMBRE! I do & love it. I get my highlights painted (not foils) so it looks natural and gradual. My hair is healthier then when I was getting foils. There's a gradient, but it's not sharp. I've had it for a few years now & just get it dyed 2x a year as opposed to every 8 weeks. 

arielaaaaaaaa

I do the one color different sometimes. But most times it's just a glitter over one and it gives it alittle something extra than reg polish without being too much. And i still think Ombre is in. My hair is kinda has the ombre effect cause my highlights grew out so beautifully i haven't gone back to get them redone!

Arlandria88

That sounds nice Arielaaaaaaaaaa-- the glitter accent I mean

carrierose

If you love your hair ombre, then wear it ombre!  I'm getting mine redone tomorrow.  It's an easy way for me to be "blonde" without having to go to the salon every 6 weeks, and I'm keeping it!

janinebt

A trend that I was sad to go out of style? Probably the hair tinsel. It was fun and a subtle way to add some dimension to the hair without any permanent damage. Plus not a ton of people knew it existed which really added to 'wow' factor of it.

Trends that need to be over? I completely agree with what's already been said. Those duck nails just look like something out of an SNL skit.

A trend that I'm totally over would have to be the unconventional lipstick color trend. I'm ok with black and even some oranges but hues like aquamarine, yellow, or bright lilac are just too much in my opinion. Yellow reminds me of rubber duckies.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
arielaaaaaaaa

Reading the first sentence of this i was already thinking what you said! I loved crackle but it quickly went out of style! I hate the pointed nails!! And also the fan nails! I really really don't like them!! I don't know how that got started but it should stop! Here is a pic i found on google!!

tumblr_ltpem1hcMQ1r16nffo1_500.jpg

lylysa

Those make me thing of tiny shovels at the ends of fingers.

I definitely like different nail shapes especially for avant garde looks or photos, but for practical everyday stuff....nah, it's just too much. Besides, I can only imagine how much MORE stuff can get trapped in nail shapes like that!

kimmi1115

I haven't seen the fan nails in person, but some of the nail techs I follow on IG have done them for clients.  I think it looks ridiculous, and they remind me of duck feet.  Perhaps they're supposed to match the "duck face" pose that people love to post on Facebook daily lol.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • carrierose
    • kimmi1115