janinebt

Trends/modifications that you've always wanted to try

[ Edited ]

What are some trends that you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t for one reason or another? They can be body modifications, hair looks, or even something like an avant garde lip color.

I have always loved the look of dimple piercings and dermal piercings, but since I work in a white collar office position I feel like they’d be far too distracting…plus the healing process is a pain in the butt from what I hear. Our corporate office is very tattoo/body mod friendly! I mean we do have Kat Von D as a brand, which is great because most corporate offices are very strict on ‘unconventional modifications’.

I’m also a big fan of full sleeve tattoos; and I’m delighted that sleeves aren’t just being sported by the boys these days. One of my good friends has a gorgeous one that goes completely down her arm. Right now I’m about 2/4ths done with my half sleeve and even that has been quite the project. My artist estimates that I have another 5-6 hours. Love the way full sleeves look, but again I doubt I’ll pursue that simply because of my career.

Something less permanent that I’m yearning to try is a darker lip. I’ve dabbled around with really deep purples, but I think it might be fun to just take the plunge and try a glossy black with simple shadow.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
MakeupJunkie666

Re: Trends/modifications that you've always wanted to try

I would absolutely love to have visible tattoos but being in the healthcare field holds me back. Since I work in a laboratory  I have been able to get away with extreme changes to my hair, makeup, and some piercings. 994850_10202249659710872_230523270_n.jpg46246_4848543379412_857799028_n.jpg534395_4251915584090_746338235_n.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I just did a trend today that I can't manage on my own- the classic cat eye.  I like it, but don't know if I can pull it off on a regular basis.

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

I keep meaning to get more tattoos (I currently have 1, well technically two but I don't really count my wedding ring cause its so small and I did it myself so its a bit crooked). The problem is I have such a hard time picking a things I feel I can live with forever. I only have so much skin so as much as I would love to get like say some nerdtastic tats, like the heartless logo or the grey warden double griffin, I can't help but feel that anything I lay permanently on my skin needs to have like epic special meaning, then I have a really hard time deciding what is "epic enough". I also have a couple scarifications that I did myself in high school, I do not recommend at home body modding for amateurs. LOL Or teenagers at all.

I would love to have my hair dyed all types of colors (I had it hot HOT pink and black for awhile and loved it), but I just don't have the patience or money to keep it up (I have a lot of hair and it requires buckets of dye). I also have 2 lip piercings, and 7 ear piercings (slightly gauged) and have always been intrigued by surface piercing but they just didn't seem like a good idea for me, I was always afraid they would just end up getting ripped out accidentally.

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I toy w/ the idea of a nose piercing, but I don't think I'll likely do it. Maybe for my next birthday... I don't know.

I LOVE tattoos... on other people. I don't have them and don't really want one (too indecisive, see a lot of people my age with old tattoos that look dated, faded, and saggy, too fearful of regret, etc.) but I am absolutely fascinated by them on other people. There are some really fantastic artists out there and I love to see what people choose to get to express themselves. (I also am fascinated by bad tattoos - but that is really a different story).

I did have, way back in my punk rock days (like actual punk rock days, because I am that old) bright orange hair - this was before Manic Panic was really available and my hair dresser had to mix up some stuff to get the color I wanted. I had the sides of my head shaved and a semi- mohawk going on. I'd pierced my own ears 5x on the left and 2x on the right. To put it in context, having double pierced ears was considered really extreme at the time. I don't recall there being piercers around (maybe there was in big cities, idk) so you were pretty much left to DIY with piercings. 

Now I work in a pretty conservative field, in a conservative branch/office of that particular field and even bright colored high heel shoes are a bit pushing the envelope in the office. :smileytongue:

spacesuit

(0) Hearts

I've been wanting to dye my hair light purple or light blue, but I'm in the middle of job searching so I know that's not a good idea right now. Also my hair is dark so there's the possibility of it getting really damaged in the bleaching process. :smileysad:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

@kiki1517 - You Freakin' Rock!!!! How refreshing to hear that you know you'll never be size 3 and you know It and own it like the Rockstar that you are. You Rock!

ps- I'm only 5'2" and I know I'll never get back to a 3 - I still have lots of those close, so hard to part with, forgive me for my shallow-ness.

Oh, BTW - Just in case I forgot to mention it, You Rock!!!!!!! :smileyhappy:

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

I have wanted to go to Great Lengths for amazing hair extensions but it costs 1,000 dollars :smileysad:

malday

I would like a tattoo, I'm just so indecisive that I'm terrified to commit haha. I've had different unnatural hair colors (burgundy, red, magenta, deep violet) and currently have 4 piercings including my helix. I've heard scary things about dermal piercings (mostly about rejection and removal) so that's something I can definitely say I'm not down for.

kissXmakeup

I feel the same about the tattoo! I want one, but can't think of anything I would want on my body as an old lady, and the placement makes me laugh. I just picture me as a sassy old lady with a tattoo :smileytongue: Doesn't sound all that appealing to me personally when I think of it that way. I have always wanted to dye my hair, but everytime I mention it to someone, they turn me away from the idea telling me I have the perfect hair color. Womp womp. 

malday

Well just think of it this way...hair grows back! If you want to dye it, do it! I remember when I chopped off all my hair a few years ago, whenever I asked someone if I should cut my hair I always got the default "no, it's so pretty long!" response. I got so sick of hearing it and then I thought who cares, I want to do this. So I cut off about 11" of hair and donated it and my short cut looked pretty awesome! When I dyed my hair I didn't even ask anyone for opinions because it was something I really wanted lol.

kissXmakeup

Haha! Good, I had the same thing happen. I had always wanted to cut my hair really short. My ex boyfriend hated short hair on girls because he said that short hair is for boys, REAL STUPID. obviously he is gone haha My mom made me wait til after my high school graduation to cut it. So I did. I love short hair, I did a super short bob, a bob with side bangs, straight across bangs, my favorite was the asymmetrical bob that I have always gone back to. My current boyfriend loves my short hair, but at the same time doesn't care what I do with my hair so long as I like it. I stopped asking for feedback, because the only opinion that really matters is mine. I am currently growing it out, I miss my long hair!

malday

Same here! I feel like we're hair twins haha. When I chopped mine off I did a slight a line bob, then an asymmetrical one which I thought looked really good so I just left it while letting my hair grow out, the way it grew out was my favorite hair to date. Then I dyed it, then evened the length out, got straight bangs, then no bangs, then finally dyed it back to brown and am currently letting it grow until I get tired of it and want to chop it off again :smileyvery-happy:

This was my favorite (I'm not angry that's just how I usually look haha):

tumblr_ly22g4Etbp1qztdvno1_500.jpgtumblr_lxsy3xWkaT1qztdvno1_1280.jpg 

MakeupJunkie666

LOVVEE the color =)

kissXmakeup

I love it! How funny, you're right next to my work. Literally, a couple steps away.

kissXmakeup

541190_3543624750767_735276732_n.jpg

This is the style I liked my hair in the most. I just like the edginess of the asymmetrical bob. I am so tempted to do it again, but my hair is past my shoulders & it makes me excited that it's growing out again.

violalea

(0) Hearts

Very cute :smileywink:.

crayzeeRN

I like this style kissXmakeup!

kissXmakeup

Thanks crayzeeRN! I did too, because I have very thick hair and short hair means less hair to deal with. But now I miss my long hair more than ever and I am so close to having it be at the same length as 17 year old me :smileytongue: 

kimmi1115

Not exactly a trend, but I do want to get my ears pierced a third time.  I have my ears pierced twice, and, with the right earrings, three in each ear can look really nice.  I got my ears pierced a second time when I was in high school, and when I told my mom I was thinking about getting it done, she kinda freaked out.  Good thing I was the one paying for it lol.  Afterwards, she said it looked good lol.

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

My mom did the same with my nose piercing. She would tell me it would look disgusting and all these things. I finally did it one night, when I came home, she was fast asleep. The next afternoon we were going to a family part and she was at work that morning so as a courtesy I called her at work to kind of warn her. She freaked out! Once she saw it, she loved it. I took it out to go to an interview and it closed up. Disney doesn't allow piercings so I couldn't put it back in anyway & now I have the urge to get it back :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 52 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday
    • kimmi1115
    • melissabt
    • janinebt