SydBristow

Trade Thread THREE - 02/2014

[ Edited ]

TRADE THREAD #3

Overall trades have gone very well and many cosmetic items have found themselves new homes! :smileyvery-happy: However, there have been some trades that have not gone as well, so this trade post has been revised – please read it carefully!

GUIDELINES

Listing Your Items

Please list what you have available, the condition, add a photo (if you have a lot, consider posting them under "spoiler" - the little face icon with a hand over its eyes - so tons of images don't flood the page for people scrolling), and what you are interested in for trade. You may wish to list your location, such as the U.S. When something you have to offer is no longer available, please go back and edit your post to keep the listings more accurate!

Because a number of fake items have been sent in trades, it is strongly advised you provide photos of your higher-end items, including the labeling (you may be asked for it anyway) and list WHERE you purchased the item from. Fakes are readily available from less reputable sellers and can contain toxins! It is important to everyone to know where their cosmetics come from.

Acquiring Items

Please use discretion with whom you enter into trades with. There is a summarized list of trusted traders here: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/LIST-of-the-Successful-Traders-or-TB/td-p/1071289 Protect yourself in your trades, ask questions (such as where an item was purchased), ask for additional photos (to show level of usage and/or labeling to prove authenticity). If you don’t feel 100% comfortable doing a trade because someone is new, you can request they send their items first.

Communication

Please consider using the Private Messages system on Beauty Talk to help ensure someone knows you are trying to contact them. You can set up to receive an email when you get a PM in your preferences. You can also access your messages by looking under your profile on the left side of the main Beauty Talk page under your avatar and clicking on the envelope.

Communication is key!  Even if there is a mail delay to the giant blizzard or ice storm of 2014, not being able to get in touch with the person you are trading with is very frustrating! If you are on either side of a trade, please make sure you are able to stay in touch with the other person through the end of the trade.  If you will be unable to communicate for a period of time, try to let them know that.

Delivery

Having tracking and insurance on shipments goes a long way to figuring out where an item might be. The USPS even puts anticipated delivery dates and the tracking numbers right on the receipts now!

SUCCESSFUL TRADE EXPERIENCES?

Consider providing your feedback on successful trades on this thread here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Successful-Trades-or-TSB-Experiences/td-p/1012387

Please also see the previous trade thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Product-Trade-Thread-01-2014-TWO/m-p/1021537

Happy trading!

SydBristow

Re: Trade Thread THREE - 02/2014

(0) Hearts
kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Ah - thanks!  I'm behind on BT so missed that one.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Untouched (but unboxed) Urban Decay Vice 2 palette up for trade

Would trade for new eyes shadows or lippies from Dior, Tom Ford, Chanel, Guerlain, Givenchy in particular but open to discuss

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

Hi, I'm trading a NEW, never opened HG Mood Exposure Ambient light blush for a NEW, new opened HG Dim a Infusion blush. Please PM me if you are interested. 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

What kinds of things are you looking for? And is the palette new or used?

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I think I know someone who was looking for it, I'll go find out!

talinder

ISO Dior Lip Addict Lip Glow CORAL

MK89

(0) Hearts

Is anyone looking to get rid of the most recent UD Feminine Palette? I ordered it from Ulta but they took so long to process the order that by the time they were ready to ship, it went out of stock :smileysad:

sschulte1014

(0) Hearts

I have one that I have only used 2-3 times that I would be willing to paet with. Send me a message if you are interested. 

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Looking to see if anyone is interested in the Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Palette. I've used mine twice, but realized that it is just not for me- the colors were darker than I anticipated and it just doesn't work with my skin tone. It's just sitting around and I'd love to trade it to someone who would give it some love. I'm looking to trade, not sell preferably. I would also prefer my trade partner be someone I interact with often on BT or I have been in a TSB with before. Please PM me! :smileyhappy:

penelopepuffman

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:

sourpanda

(0) Hearts

ISO: Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Moonstone, and Armani Fluid Sheer in 2 or 7.

If you would be willing to part with any of these items then please PM me to work out a trade! I have an unloved UD Naked 3 that has been swatched, a bunch of new Tarte Maracuja Rollerballs, and many others as well. Thanks!

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I hope I'm doing this right...

I received in my Wantable box today a Billion Dollar Brows tinted brow gel, A Hint of Tint in Taupe. I opened the tube, saw it was a spoolie and replaced the cap. I don't have enough natural brow goodness to benefit from something like this. This retails for $18.00. I'd like to trade for either the ABH Brow Wiz in Medium Ash or another equal-ish value, very light brown brow pencil. Thanks!

hint_tint.jpg

juicytulip

(0) Hearts

ISO Nars blushes and Sleek blushes, and Sleek Vintage Romance palette. I'm purging lots of palettes and items myself, and also have TONS of depots available! Examples of palettes up for grabs include Narsissist, TF Boudoir Eyes, Tarina Tarintino Floriculture, and much more. Depots are all from Kat Von D Spellbinding, the 2 UD Vices, and much more. PM me if you want to see what I have or if you have something on my ISO list. 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

msgd you

annypoo

(0) Hearts
aviscardi

bumping, thread is getting lost

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Unfortunately off-topic got moved so its hardly visible anymore. :smileysad:

manniface

I wonder if a new one could be made under Bright Ideas> Products (there is a TSB there too) or Makeup> Makeup or even Beauty Insider> Beauty insider?

SydBristow

I will do that this weekend. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 61 replies
  • 72 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • chupi
    • spoiledbrat
    • melissaleah