DesertRose0706

Top 5 Skin Care Items

Skin care has recently become extremely important to me, as I just turned 25 and am starting to notice very mild signs of aging and general changes in my skin.  I have seen a lot of interesting skin care products mentioned in recent posts here on BT, and I would love to know what everyone's top 5 favorite skin care products are and why.  At the moment, these are mine:

1 - Clean & Clear 10% benzoyl peroxide cream - I use this on my entire face every night before bed to keep my breakouts at bay.  If I skip it just 1 or 2 nights, my skin breaks out like crazy.  I've been using this since I was 12 and have tried many many other products to manage my blemishes, and this one just seems to work the best!

2 - Clinique Liquid Facial Soap in Mild - This is one of the few cleaners I have found that gets my skin really clean without drying it out.  It also works very well with my Clarisonic.

3 - Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture - This is the best facial moisturizer I have come across. It brings the moisture back to my skin with just 1 use and is works great over my benzoyl peroxide cream at night.

4 - Korres Greek Yogurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Facial - I loved this the first time I tried a sample of it.  It has a very nice, natural kind of smell and the morning after wearing it, my skin is very soft, moisturized and nourished looking/feeling.

5 - Origins Ginzing Eye Cream - I put this on in the mornings, and it really seems to help dimish my dark circles and puffiness in just a few minutes!

starryeyes331

Re: Top 5 Skin Care Items

I have oily/acne prone skin with some fine lines around my eyes, and freckles (due to sun exposure)

1. Kate Sommerville Detox Daily Cleanser. Only cleanser I have found that keeps breakouts at bay.

2. DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Gel - Best Acne Treatment I've found for during the day. If I put this on at the first sign of a spot, then it keeps it from breaking through.

3. DDF Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment - I've found that using only benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid doesn't do  much for my skin, but when I use them together it does wonders.

4. Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask - best deep cleansing mask I've found. It removes blackheads and impurities and doesn't make my face feel stripped or tight afterwards.

5. Shizeido Urban Defense SPF 42 Facial Sunscreen - Only facial sunscreen I've found that doesn't break me out or make me extra oily (it is a mattifying sunscreen).

depechelover101

(0) Hearts

I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin with redness. At 26, I am noticing slight lines around the eyes when I smile. I've been using anti-aging products since I was 16 and I'm a total skincare junkie. Here are my top picks:

1. Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cleanser.

Used with a washcloth and cool or warm water, it's gentle enough to use morning and night, and it removes makeup like a charm.

2. Bare Escentuals Skin Revver-Upper

A salicylic acid product. Goes on light, no fragrance (slight but not bad odor), keeps breakouts at bay. Wear at night mostly, or daytime too if I have a flare-up.

3. Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Lotion (Not currently available at Sephora)

More hydrating than the "treatment lotion" which is essentially a toner, but less thick than the cream, this lotion keeps my skin balanced without breaking me out. Perfect for day and night, winter and summer.

4. Perricone MD Eye Lift Synergy

Been using for the last 2 years, and my undereye area looks about the same now as it did 2 years ago. Expensive, so I use it only at night.

5. Philosophy Miracle Worker Pads

A retinol product. Best to cut the pads in half to make it last longer. Also, since retinol degrades with light and air exposure, it's a good idea to only use 30 of the 60 pads at a time, combined with half of the retinol solution. Keep the rest of the solution in a dark area until you run out of the first half of the pads. Added benefit - more breakout protection. Use at night only, and wear sunscreen during the day.

lolo01

[ Edited ]

1. Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs.. this stuff leaves my face sooo soft and without irritation.

2. Clarins Alcohol Free Toner with Chamomile

3.  Perricone MD Blue Plasma this stuff is awesome a must for sure,  a bit pricey but so worth it.

4. Lancome Visionairre Advanced Skin Corrector

5. Murad Hydrodynamic  Ultimate Moisture

beautylovingirl

1. Vivite Revitalizing Eye Cream- Because it is so velvety smooth and really does what is says it will.

2. Vivite Exfoliating Facial Wash- Because it removes my makeup and everything with such ease and makes my skin so soft.

3. Vivite Facial Serum- Makes my face so soft and flawless.

4. Vivite  daily moisturizer with SPF 30- Does such a great job of moisturizing and not one bit oily.

5. Vivite  night renewal facial cream- Does exactly what is says and it's a great night cream.

Beesca21

1. tarte Maracuja Oil: I have oily skin, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how this improved my skin! It is so light and absorbs quickly. It is thinner than JM Argan Oil! My skin is definitely brighter! 

2. Fresh Soy Cleanser. Very, very gentle cleanser. Removes makeup. I am not too crazy about the smell though, but still great product. 

3. Dermalogica Skin Clearing Gel. Spot treatment. Works great. Smells herby and minty. 

4. Origins Charcoal Mask. great for a mid-week pick-me up. Love how this leaves my skin so soft. 

5. Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Mask. Leaves skin feeling really clean!! Love this. Only thing is it leaves a bit of a film after. 

My skin is young and still recovering from acne. I am more focused on keeping it clean and bright. I plan on adding more anti-aging products later once my skin fully heals! :smileyhappy: 

cherrybombtastic

I'm about to turn 25 and skincare has been important to me since I was 18. I think we have similar skin issues, too, from your selection of products. My top 5 current products are...

1. DERMAdoctor's Ain't Misbehavin' AHA/BHA Medicated Acne Cleanser: I remember reading really good reviews of this cleanser outside of Sephora, so I gave it a shot a few years back. It was so rare for an acne cleanser to be so potent, yet not make my skin red and blotchy the moment I washed my face with it. I also think that by using it on dry skin as instructed helps my skin somehow.

2. Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion: No matter how many moisturizers I try, I return to this one whether it's summer or winter. I used to not use moisturizers before Murad. I love that this lotion is light enough where it doesn't break me out. plus, it has retinol!

3. Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15: I used to use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15 before this, but my skin was ridiculously shiny and it was so hard to find a sunscreen that didn't give me that sheen or white cast. So, when Murad introduced this product I was hesitant to try it because if you're taught to moisturize for so long, mattifying sounds counterintuitive. But when a blogger raved about it, I tried it, and discovered there was grape seed oil in it, and I never stopped using it. It cut down on my oil so so much.

4. Boots Botanics Conditioning Mask: I read really good reviews on this and bought it at Target. After using many sulfur masks without success, I wanted to try this clay mask. It works so well. It rinses off so well unlike sulfur masks! My skin just doesn't feel dry, yet when the mask is drying, you see all the gunk getting pulled out. The mask has also lasted for so long. The only con? It's slightly messy.

5. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream: This is a new product in my regimen. I initially used the sample for my undereyes and loved it! Then, one day I had a few flakes on my scalp, and I wasn't sure what to do, so I smoothed a little over it thinking it would make my scalp oily, but it didn't! I also used it on my lips when I had a scab that was healing and it really helped even though I only used it because my lips were dry.

I wanted to include the Korres sleeping facial, too, but I need to use it longer to see if it's worth that price tag!

GGrace

1. Origins Checks & Balances- I use it every morning and night and sometimes midday if i suddenly have to do a makeup change. I love how foamy it is.

2 + 3. Origins GinZing Moisturizer & Eye cream- I love how awake and bright these two make me look even on almost know sleep. I use these morning and night

4. Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask- It hydrates my skin and leaves it glowing when I wake up. I use it about 3 times a week

5.Origins Modern Friction- I love this exfoliate, It is gently but effective. I can immediately see the difference. I tested it once on the back of my hand and I could tell the difference between my hands for 2 days. I use this 2-3 times a week

Clearly I have an Origins problem, but hey they work for me

GGrace

I got a pack of 10 little foils from them of skincare items, it was the best. Apparently I actually picked the ones perfect for me before even trying any thing else because after trying all of those foils, I still have the same favorites as before. 

arielaaaaaaaa

I think i'm going to be obsessed with Origins. I love the Drink up mask. That's the only product ive tried but when my order comes tomorrow, It's going to be like christmas with everything i got!

GGrace

Thats what I felt like after my first order. Plus a I got a few things when I went in for one of their free facials, plus a few samples. I ended up ordering a few of those samples online

rikkie

I had to put in an order while they were doing the 3 deluxe samples after you mentioned it! I didn't get the mask samples because I had a $10 off code from the sample pack I ordered before, but I already had the charcoal mask so I don't feel too sad about it. :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

I'm just excited to try everything. I can't wait till tomorrow. And my Ariel Rollerball will be coming in!!

poshified

1. Philosophy Purity Cleanser: Cult favorite for a reason! It leaves my face so clean.

2. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion: Dries pimples FAST! Talk about a miracle treatment.

3. Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish: Best face scrub I've come across without being too abrasive; smells amazing!

4. Dior Capture Totale One Essential: Serum, Toner, Moisturizer all in one!

5. Naruko Magnolia Brightening and Firming Night Gelly: Sleeping mask that leaves my skin -- like the name says -- firm and brightening the next morning.

As you can tell, I'm one for combining different brands of skin care in my routine :smileyhappy:

michmo

1.  First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser--it is gentle, but effective.  It removes my makeup and leave my face clean without over drying.  

2.  First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads-it gently exfoliates and tones.  I feel like it helps my skin stay clear.  

3.  First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Serum--I LOVE this serum.  It is lightweight.  It has given my skin a glow, and a clearer, smoother appearance.  This is my HG.  

4.  First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream--moisturizes just enough but doesn't clog pores or feel greasy.  

5.  First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream--I don't see much difference by using it, although I'm not sure what I expect to see.  I think it works well and moisturizes without migrating into my eyes.  I am happy with this, but while I know eye creams are important, but I don't really see results as it's preventative so they're never my favorite product.  

Can you tell I am loyal to First Aid Beauty.  It's rare that I find a brand where I really like everything.  I am so happy that I decided to try them.  

arielaaaaaaaa

Ah Skincare is something im just obsessed with! 

Here we go. (Not in order of what i love the most) 

1- Ole Henrikson Power Peel, This is so intense. It's the best at home product i've come across. Comparable to a profession glycolic peel. This is the only thing that has helped to clear out blackheads, little whiteheads on my chin, and helps with the texture of my skin. I love this!

2- Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel, I use this every other night and it helps to keep my skin clear. It doesn't overly dry my skin out which i love. 

3- Fresh Rose Face Mask, LOVE this. After rinsing this off my face is so soft and hydrated. Which for my extremely dry skin, is hard to find something to do that! It really helps calm my skin down after an intense face mask. 

4- Kate Somerville Exfolikate, Does this need an explanation!? It's just awesome. I don't care how expensive this is, cause my skin always looks awesome the day after! Exfoliates, helps with my acne, helps with uneven texture in my skin. Just amazing

5- Korres Wild Rose Face Mask, This is just everything i hoped it would be when i first started using it. I use this everynight and it is very hydrating. Helps lighten up my acne scars and overall brighten my complexion. 

Spyski

Now you got me thinking about the OH Power Peel. Did you see any results with one use of the steps or after a couple weeks?

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

After the first use i noticed a huge difference with pores, and blackheads. It wasn't till the 3rd time using it i saw the texture of my skin getting better. I used them every 2 weeks. 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Oh nice, I saw that only 6 treatments were $45 but if I'm only using it once a week or bi-weekly then it may be worth it considering a professional spa peel would cost that in one get-go or more!

arielaaaaaaaa

I think it's worth it! I stopped using them for a bit and my skin gradually went back to the way it was. I would say once you get your skin where you want it you could do it once a moth. or every three weeks to maintain it. That's what i'm doing now. But do use this product with caution. it's really intense, and might be too harsh for sensitive skin. Just like any spa peel, it can cause peeling, and redness, but it's only temporary. 

Spyski

Thanks for the 411 :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • poshified