drrragon

To our university students: good luck on final exams!!!

That's all, lol.  Hopefully people aren't getting too stressed out!  

Are you planning on a nice haul after exams as a pick-me-up??

melissabt

Re: To our university students: good luck on final exams!!!

(0) Hearts

Good luck everyone:smileyhappy:!!!!!!

<3 Melissa
garnett

(0) Hearts

Good luck everyone.  I hope you all come through with flying colors!

melisa16

(0) Hearts

Have 2 more finals tomorrow (Organic Chemistry Lab and Macroeconomics :smileysad: and I'll be done!!! I was thinking about treating myself to a YSL glossy stain or a lipstick because I have been lemming for so long!

lowrah

(0) Hearts

I'm done! Well, for now. I'm still in community college (for-ev-er) but I've only got 1 credit for a web development AS and I believe 6 for a bio (could be wrong about the topic, I've been in school forever and have a million credits and no degrees) AS. Contemplating whether I should do those (3 classes) this summer, or wait. There's an online school through the county's CC system that has start dates every monday.. but I'm so burnt out from school that I want a break. But on the other hand, I'm SO CLOSE. Even though neither of these degrees is really what I want to do with my life (nursing), but the one will satisfy all of my pre-requisites. 

Good luck everyone else!

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I have my oral final at 1:20, and it's a very slow day at the office since it's Finals week.  I tried to sell back my French book, and the bookstore said they could not buy it back since I ordered it through Amazon.  However, I sold them my English textbook last week which also came from Amazon!  I don't know what the difference is between the two.

The flyers on campus mention how they'll buy ANY textbook at ANY time.  I read the fine print and everything, and it did not mention anything about books from competing bookstores.  I was not the only confused student either.  When I left, I saw more people leave with their textbooks with them.  

colorobsession

Oooh I do not envy any of you with final exams/projects in the coming weeks. That's one thing I seriously do not miss about college now that I'm out in the working world. It's SUCH a relief when it's all over, and you'll all be there soon enough!! Remember to take care of yourself through all the stress. And since BT is full of beautiful, smart, and classy ladies, I have no doubt you'll all kick academic butt :-)

kimmi1115

I haven't logged on in a couple of days due to finals and stuff, and it feels like it has been two weeks lol.  

I've mainly just had to finish final projects and assignments.  The only final I have that is actually like a final is my take home comprehensive French final that I turn in tomorrow.  I also have my oral final that I have no idea how to study for.  Thank goodness this is my final French class for my BA requirement.  I feel as if I am dyslexic with the subjunctive, imparfait, and conditional forms.  They look and can sound similar, so I have no idea how I am going to keep them straight for my oral final.  The oral final isn't worth much, so I'm not going to worry too much about it.  I have A's on pretty much everything else, so I don't think the oral Final will kill me lol.

After that and work study, I'm free!!!  Until July lol.  I'm taking another summer course at a community college to transfer back to the university.

drrragon

@kimmi -- if the subjunctive, imparfait, and conditional forms all sound similar....maybe you could get away with mumbling a little for your oral exam :smileytongue:  

hopefully this summer you can take more pics of Meat Head for us!!!  I really enjoyed those ones you posted earlier!  

kimmi1115

That's exactly what I plan on doing! :smileyvery-happy:  It doesn't count for much of anything.  I think it's just to torture students lol.  The biggest things that count are the four main exams (40% of grade), quizzes, and homework.  

I will be taking plenty of pictures of the animals.  Meat Head went to the Vet for boosters a couple of weeks ago, and he loves the staff and vet!  They were playing with him in the back lol.  He's also gained 14 pounds since he's been at his forever home!

prettyinpa

Oh, yeah, bring on the Meat Head pictures! I was wondering how he was getting along. Great to hear that he is enjoying the chow at his new home and he's gaining much needed weight.

kimmi1115

I'm surprised he has gained weight due to how much he plays!  I figured he just burned everything off.  

drrragon

LOL the way you describe Meat Head I picture a very affable dog with a positive attitude.  Sounds like he's doing great with his new family!  Also glad to hear he's gaining some weight, he did look kinda skinny before!

I really wish I could have a pet, but I live alone and travel for work which isn't the best way to treat an animal, so I love when people share pet stories or pictures here on BT :smileyvery-happy:

kimmi1115

He is a very sweet boy, and everyone loves him.  Doobie and Jasmine still jump when he barks/howls when my mom and I take them out to the "catio."  The hummingbirds have also returned, and it's fun to take pictures of them.

If you want to hang out with animals more when you don't have to travel, volunteering at a shelter is a great way to interact with animals!  I hope to be able to volunteer again during the summer since this school year has been hectic.  Shelters and humane societies will usually take in volunteers; you may have to sign a waiver for certain ones, though.  

Titian06

Best wishes students!

onomotopoeia9

Hey, thanks for the post!!! Its a good reminder for me to get back to my final studying and term papers....

I definitely will be celebrating with sephora when I'm done!

Any suggestions of what I should treat myself to?

drrragon

something totally awesome that you normally wouldn't dare buy for yourself! :smileyvery-happy:

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

hmmmm

starletta8

Good luck students!

drrragon

loving the FUNNEH KITTEH pics!!!!

after reading this thread I wanna run out to starbucks and get a mocha chip frappe!!! yummmmmm

arielaaaaaaaa

Good luck to everyone! I found some cute pictures that made me laugh. 

Funny Chemistry cat

chemistry cat.jpg

I can't stop laughing at this one!!!

funy cat.jpg

And Reading cat.

book cat.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 61 replies
  • 133 hearts
  • 26 in conversation