LCResz

Thursday questions :)

1. A beauty/fashion trend you love.

2. A beauty/fashion trend you hope goes away soon.

3. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

4. A product you would love to own if money were no object.

5. Movie you can watch over and over again.

1. I like the accent nail trend, some people really go all out!

2. The short skirt/booty shorts with a long sheer overlay, I just don't get it.

3. About 20, most are gifts from my sister who tries desperately to make me more girly.

4. I want to see if La Mer cream is as amazing as all the stars claim.

5. The Princess Bride, my friends and I can quote it verbatim.

clarks18

Re: Thursday questions :)

nebel I almost used that word too.  Went with lady business because I figured the other would get blocked ha!

nebel

1) gosh, so many.  Big boots and skinny jeans.  Bright, colorful hair.  Bold lips.  Unexpected dichotomy- pairing something ultra feminine, like lace or tulle, with something tough, like boots or leather.

2) Most of what people have mentioned already- monokinis, the short skirts with long sheer fabric, oh, and those drop-**bleep** pants.

3) I don't know.  I almost don't want to know.  I *do* know my "top" pairs and I keep a running list of the designers I've "achieved" and those I'm still on the hunt for.  One I paid full price for, but they were my wedding shoes.  The rest I have gotten very lucky through trolling outlets and flash-site sales. I even (no joke) got my Valentinos at Marshalls. 

4) Guerlain meteorites in one of the special edition pretty packagings.

5) Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek 4. 

nebel

oh, for crying out loud, sephora, C R O T C H is not a dirty word!!

pinkonyx

After looking at everyones answers almost all of you said you HATE THOSE BOOTY SHORTS, so who are these people wearing them!

pinkonyx

Military Boots

DAISY DUKES! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!! no one looks has good in them as they think. 

20-25

Fresh Umbrian Line

5. Movie you can watch over and over again?

Something New

annonymous1

th.jpg

like this was on the runway! i cant, it looks like shes crying blood

LCResz

Worst case of hay fever EVER.

Spyski

Colored blazers! I love the fact that they add some "spice" to the business world of BLAH neutral jackets.

tumblr_m33imnNU0C1qbug0s.jpg

I absolutely can't stand monokinis! They are shaped for super slender women with no curves whatsoever! Hello! Women come in all shapes and sizes and most of us do not have equal halves (top/bottom). Afterall, I can't imagine getting tan lines from those things! 

monokini5.jpg

You mean how many pairs of flippers fins do I own :smileyvery-happy:

These would be pretty awesome to have I'm not gonna lie...

HighHeelFin.jpg

Clé de Peau Beauté concealer that retails for $70

Heard it's the crème de la crème of all concealers.

5. Movie you can watch over and over again.

Into the Wild. Great documentary, great music, great footage, great motivation, great all in general!

DTalksAll

I think you contradicted yourself in number 2. You said women come in all shapes and sizes and that only women with no curves can pull it off. I'm a woman of no curves and I can pull off a monokini quite well thank you very much. There's a time & place for them. I wouldn't wear one to the beach, but if we're at a swanky resort or a party at the Hamptons I rock one. :smileytongue: 

Seriously I only have one, bought it like 6 years ago & have probably worn it 4 times max. I don't like the two you posted, but there are some nice ones out there... just saying :smileywink: 

Littlemermaid81

(0) Hearts

Now I want to try a monokini! if anyone has no rear and no hips its me! And I agree with you Dannyc that its not always all that to be super skinny with no curves. Try finding jeans that actually fit in the butt, right!  Its good for your knees if your a runner though like me (look up q angle and running)

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Oh, I didn't mean anything by the slender women with no curves personally. I just don't like seeing people on the beach or at a resort that are not made for these types of bikinis if you know what I mean...

If you could pull it off then that's grrreat and it's your own fashion opinion unlike mine where I just don't like em hehe :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Sorry, years of being teased for my petite, non existent **bleep** & no hips frame get me on the defense quickly :smileytongue: 

Spyski

It's ok dannyc, I'm not here to tease you at being petite. No way Jose!  After all I am petite, but I'm very well endowed. Top heavy :smileysad:

Even if I wanted to wear one of those for my boyfriend or something special, skin would be spilling out of the top which he might like but I wouldn't feel comfortable. 

mafan

Those monokinis are scary.  I really, really hope I'm not seeing them when I'm at the beach in a month.

I love those fins!  I cannot imagine walking in those. I think you'd have to walk backward all the time.  They'd be pretty amusing for snorkeling.  Maybe the people wearing those monokinis will combine them with these, LOL!

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Now that would be something worth staring at!

nebel

OH GOD I HATE MONOKINIS

Spyski

This is the beach, not a strip club!

annonymous1

I love the colored blazers! add such a nice like girly effect to like professional work clothes

mafan

I didn't think at first I knew much about trends, but I realized there are things I do/don't like

Fashion: Tops/dresses made of lace with a solid underneath.  Wedge heals -- they are so much more comfortable to wear that stiletto heals

Beauty: Bright nail colors and textured nails.  I love wearing things other than just shades of pink/red

Short boots with dresses.  I think they look silly.  And definitely super-short shorts, and leggings on most people.  Far too many people wear them when it doesn't flatter their figure AT ALL.

20?  Sorry, too lazy to go look.  I'm bad about throwing them out.  I do seem to wear a number of different shoes in the summer, and my sneakers in the winter.

Guerlain cosmetics and perfumes.  I had samples of the Super-Aqua Day Cream and I loved it, but it's expensive.  And I love their perfumes, but they are expensive.

5. Movie you can watch over and over again

Star Wars Trilogy; Lord of the Rings; Pride and Prejudice (BBC series with Colin Firth)

beautylovingirl

1.Boots of all kind leather especially all the time any time!

2.Baggy shorts I can't stand to see shorts hanging below the knee and hanging at the top of someone's butt crack. ICK!

3. 30?

4. I don't really have any if it's a good product I'll buy it.

5.Mean Girls and Bring it on  all or Nothing the one with Hayden Panettiere.

melissabt

1. A beauty/fashion trend you love. Nicely done ombre! It's a fine line and needs to be done right. I've seen this trend done wrong so many times. The colors all need to blend perfectly with each other.

2. A beauty/fashion trend you hope goes away soon.80's shorts and men inspired suits (for women). It just does not look good!!

3. How many pairs of shoes do you own? Too many to count

4. A product you would love to own if money were no object. A steam room!

5. Movie you can watch over and over again. Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 83 replies
  • 174 hearts
  • 33 in conversation
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • nathaliew
    • ashhay