jellybean917

Thursday Questions!

I haven't seen questions posted in awhile, so I thought I'd throw some out there!

1. How do you feel about the Pantone Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid)?

2. Do you follow any beauty blogs? Care to share your favs?

3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?

4. How many cousins do you have? Are you close to any of them?

5. Did you have any sort of calendar for 2013? What theme did it have?

NotCrocker

Re: Thursday Questions!

I think it is gorgeous. Purple is my fave, so this is a lovely version that I can see using for sure.

Temptalia is my main one. And Brightest Bulb in the Box.

3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?

In the middle. Have to buy for my mom and nieces still.

I have nine cousins. My parents moved away from each of their home towns and provinces when they were young, while their families stuck around, so we were always too far away to be close with them.

No. 

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

1. Love it! Love pinks & purples, love naked 3, love radiant orchid

2. Way too many. Obviously Temptalia, Makeup & Beauty Blog, Beautezine, Muse... and then on Bloglovin, RSS, FB, Twitter... so many others. 

3. Haven't really started. I have until the 19th for St Nick's Day stocking stuffers & until January 6th for Christmas present, I'm good :smileytongue: 

4. I'm an only child, my mom has two siblings & we do all our holidays together. I have 6 1st cousins & 3 2nd. We're all really close. My one cousin is my BFF

5. In our kitchen we have a Pottery Barn wall organizer system thing... it has a dry erase calendar. & Then I use Google cal on my computer, phone, ipad. That is my life! 

mafan

I like it.  I think it will be a nice lip and blush color.  And I love it in general so it's some thing where accessories might tempt me.

Just Beautymouth (Caroline Hirons)  But I check on others at times.  I like the Polishaholic but I don't have time to read it that much (and it is bad for my wallet)

I'm done for my husband except stocking stuffers.  My mom is pretty much done because I got her a Sephora perfume sampler and now she said she wanted us to know she wanted Walmart gift cards before we went shopping.  Oh, well, her birthday is in February and she'll be in Florida, so I'll give her both now and send something small later.  I think most everyone else is getting gift cards so that will be quick.  I think my husband ordered stuff for his brother.  I'm waiting on stuff for my MIL and should go off and order FIL's present right now.

Hmm, 10, I think, all on my dad's side.  Most don't live nearby and we're not close.  Two live in MA near us and we are much closer; both of them were in both of my sisters' weddings.  (DH and I only had our siblings as attendants.)  I saw my cousins in September and we stay in touch on Facebook.

Hmm, I had 3 at work and 1 at home.  At home we had a Despair calendar -- I love their Demotivators.  At work I had a calendar from the UK lace guild and one of Cornwall, England, both from friends in the UK.  I also had a Doctor Who calendar.

So far this year I have a Disney one that I got yesterday.  (I hung it up and took down Cornwall, since it's a 15 month calendar.)  I like being able to look up and see a month at a glance.  And I'm really glad this year to have one where the weeks run Sunday through Saturday since that's what I'm used to -- the Cornwall one was Monday to Sunday and the other two were just list style.

Yea, I like calendars.  I also had a week at a time planner where I keep notes about my needlework, and I was very bad this year.  That was Downton Abbey last year, and this year is Fashion (from the Metropolitan Museum of Art)

spacesuit

1. I really want to see how radiant orchid translates into lip / cheek / nail products. I found out that I get the most compliments when I wear purple-ish lip colors and I wouldn't mind a few more :smileywink:

2. yes, a bunch. Part of what got me into makeup was reading nail polish blogs, and many of the bloggers also reviewed makeup. The ones I check the most are Temptalia, xsparkage, Phyrra, musingsofamuse, Vampy Varnish, Scrangie (though she doesn't update as often), the PolishAholic. I'm probably forgetting a few.

3. I am mostly done with holiday shopping, I've been waiting for the yearly artisan fair that comes here. There's always a lot of beautiful handmade jewelry for good prices.

4. I have a huge extended family, I actually don't know how many cousins I have! Some of my cousins are older than my parents, and even have children older than me. I'm not super close to any of them (most of them are 10+ years older than me and the ones who are closer to my age I don't have much contact with) but some of them are fun to talk to.

5. I had a planner but that's about it. I'm thinking of getting a small desktop calendar for the kitchen counter, we're trying not to put holes in the walls since we're renting.

latinadiva

1. Eh. I expected it to be blush since that seems to be a big thing with fashion. I like purple and all, but I'm curious to see what comes out before I get super excited. If they let out a purple blush, I'm ALL over it.

2. I don't FOLLOW any, but I do regularly look at Beauty Broadcast and Nouveau Cheap.

3. I got my niece and nephew mostly done, my cousin done, my grandpa done, and my dad partially done, so I think maybe about halfway I'll say.

4. I have 8 cousins between my mom's side and my dad's side. I'm very close with my cousin on my mom's side, we are frequent Sephora shopping buddies! I'm not super close with the other 7 that are on my dad's side. We have a decent relationship but definitely not as close with them as they are with each other. Most of them live near each other and my sister and I are pretty much the only ones on my dad's side that don't live in New York (except 2..but they're siblings).

5. My work calendar is of different beaches. I figure while I'm at work I need to look at something nice :-) The current month is Leeward Islands in the West Indies.

cindyinva

1. My favorite color is purple, so any shade of it I love.

2. Temptalia

3. Halfway done, did most shopping online BF, now waiting for items to arrive

4. I have 44 cousins. My parents each have over 5 siblings. We are a large Salvadorian family.

5. No calendar, just used my phone's calendar.

buzzbee3

1. Love it! I'm def a purple fan :smileyhappy:

2. No. But I love Jaclyn Hill's youtube channel

3. Haven't started..... 

4. Five. Not really, they're all much, much older than me

5. Lol I got a desk calender on sale sometime in February. I suppose the theme of that would be Procrastination! :smileyvery-happy: 

oklady2013

1. I love shades of purple so I like this color.

2. I read Rikkie's didn't know any one else had one. Others I only to go to them when they come up in Google

3. Well almost done, a few stocking stuffers and a gift for a friend due to an inventory issue.

4. Too many to count.

5. Yes 2. One with photographs from around my state as the family organizing calendar.  One from World Wildlife Federation for my personal planning use. Plus my electronic one of course. LOL

makeupmaven

1. Really love it, cool tones like this are definitely flattering for me, I think it's a beautiful shade.

2. Not blogs, but I read GCI Magazine, Cosmetics Design and Cosmetics & Toiletries pretty much every day/ get their newsletters via email. So much good industry info!

3. Done. I have it easy...my husband and I shop for each other and that's it. This year we just took money we saved together and bought a new couch. When we do "shop" for each other we just assign an amount and either go together or pick out stuff (usually clothing) on sites we like. Boring I guess but this way we get what we want!

4. Shoot, I have quite a few (7 aunts and uncles on my mom's side if that helps)...I'm too lazy to count. Not particularly close to any of them now (my cousin Laura who is my age and I always got along well, my cousin Sam who is at least 10 yrs older and I were always close growing up because my father was close to his family...and finally hung out with my teenage cousin Addie recently, super smart and creative girl). I'm kind of a loner and my dad's family hasn't gotten together as much ever since he passed away over 10 years ago.

5. I never really buy calendars. We'll get a Giants calendar at FanFest probably in Feb...and I just rely on my outlook calendar at work.

nebel

Love it!  I love the whole spectrum of purple :smileyhappy:

I'm bad with reading blogs regularly.  I always forget to check them.

I have some gifts, and some still to get.

I have three cousins.  My dad is an only child, so I don't have any on his side.   I'm not really close with them- the cousin most similar in age to me works in another country, and there is a large (18 years) age gap between myself and my youngest cousin. 

I have all pet rescue calendars. :smileyhappy:

midnightangel

1. I hate mauve. Give it whatever ridiculous name you want, it's [bleep]ing mauve.

2. No

3. Barely started. I will probably end up doing 99% of my shopping on Christmas Eve! lol

4. Too many to count. I am close with several of them. One of them is even throwing a bachelorette party for me this weekend - woot! :smileywink:

5. I was terrible about calendars for 2013 so I already have a Monet wall calendar and a left hander-themed desk calendar for 2014. I plan to get an Alphonse Mucha one for work as well. Overcompensating much? :smileytongue:

Kiki1517

Congratulations on the upcoming event! Hope you have a memorable bachelorette party :smileywink:

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

Aww, thanks!

killahbabe

1. How do you feel about the Pantone Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid)? I'm not loving it. I think it's an unflattering color for me personally.

2. Do you follow any beauty blogs? Care to share your favs? I don't follow any beauty blogs, but there are a few Youtube posters that I watch. I love Tonya Burr.

3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)? I started shopping back in August for my family. I was in Vegas and they had a Pandora Vegas charm that you can only get in Vegas so I bought them for my sister and mom (my first trip to Vegas was with them), so that kicked off my gift shopping much earlier than normal. I've been "done" since October but I can't help myself and keep buying more and more gifts (for me, my husband, and others).

4. How many cousins do you have? Are you close to any of them? I don't have an exact count on cousins. My mom has 5 brothers but we don't interact with them at all so I'm not sure how many children each of them have. My dad has 2 sisters who each have 1 child, so I really only know 2 of my cousins. Both are much older than me, but one has developmental disabilities so my sister and I try to see her as much as we can to spend time with her.

5. Did you have any sort of calendar for 2013? What theme did it have? I actually made my own weekly dry erase calendar. So I can change the color/theme with the week. Right now it's a Christmas theme.

ilovetopurplefy

1. I'm excited!!! I'm loving purple lips right now! It all comes down to what undertones and shades work for you!

2. The one that I follow religiously is Temptalia. Christine's reviews are amazing and they help me decide what I should buy and what not to buy.

3. No Holiday shopping done at all. Don't have the time.

4. A LOT which means too many to count. My dad has 20 siblings who each have at least 3-6 kids. I don't know 98% of them because they are all older than me and live in a different country.. The other 2% I am super close with because they are around my age.  My mom's an only child. I'm close to my mom's cousins' kids though but they are all older than me. :/

5. I don't use calendars. I just bought a plain black planner and planned year out week by week.

knadala

[ Edited ]

1. I like it, it's a flattering color for blush.

2. Beautybroadcast is the only blog for me

3. halfway baby!

4. I have about 20 something, and the answer is nope

5. puppies :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

Wow I didn't even realize that we haven't done questions in awhile!

Love it.

I read some once in awhile but don't necessarily follow. I love when they are linked to facebook, makes it easier. I do like when blogs are mobile friendly because then I can read them on the go. I have thought about starting one and may just add a blog section under my current website. But the ones I tend to look at most often are Kandee Johnson, Temptalia, and Fleur de Force. 

Almost done. Hopefully we can get a tree today and I can start wrapping as well.

I have a pretty small family, only 7 cousins and we're not that close. I have only met my dad a few times and actually found cousins on his side via facebook, so we keep in touch online, but I have yet to meet them in person. 

Just my son's school calendar.

jellybean917

Here are my answers:

Hmm, not for me. I think it sort of drowns me out.

I've been searching for more to follow, I only recently got into beauty blogs! I like Temptalia, plus I like rikkie's and starletta8's blogs :smileyhappy:

Ugh, I've barely started! I have a long way to go, and just found out my car needs $700 worth of work.

I'm close to 2 of my cousins, they'll definitely be in my wedding! I have 14, I think.

I had a Where's Waldo? calendar. It was so much fun!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 38 replies
  • 80 hearts
  • 36 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe