jellybean917

Thursday Questions!

I haven't seen questions posted in awhile, so I thought I'd throw some out there!

1. How do you feel about the Pantone Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid)?

2. Do you follow any beauty blogs? Care to share your favs?

3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?

4. How many cousins do you have? Are you close to any of them?

5. Did you have any sort of calendar for 2013? What theme did it have?

clarks18

Re: Thursday Questions!

1.  I am excited for it and excited to see the Pantone and Sephora collection for the Orchid color.  I am more excited about the Orchid than I was about the Emerald or that nasty orange color before that.

2. Really the only blogs I follow are Temptalia and BT of course!  I follow more beauty channels on Youtube than follow blogs.

3. Past the halfway point!  My mom, little brother, one sister are done.  I still need to get something for my dad, other sister, cousin, and a little something for my boss.

4. Oh my gosh I have quite a few!  I have 20 on my mom's side and 3 on my dad's.  I am close with few of my older cousins.  It's really like having 10 older brother on my mom's side!  It definitely makes the Holidays really fun!!  Luckily most of them still live around the same area.  Not too many left the state.

5. I almost always have a Simpson's calendar because I am still a child at heart.

mimibel

Serendipitous, I just received Lollitint and Hervana in the mail this past week! I have coordinating lip and nail colors and think it will be pretty with the eye colors I like but I doubt I'll wear it as an eye color except maybe as a highlight, shimmer or duochrome or as a very blackened hue. In general, think it's a gorgeous color and it suits me. It's a lovely fashion accent color even if it doesn't suit you directly against your skin. Nail tips, accessories, tights or a bag, everyone can use it in those kinds of things if they want to. But it's a pretty girly color for major home goods or paint. Again, better used as an accent I think, in soft goods or accessories. I can't wait to see what Sephora and Pantone do with it for the collaboration. 

Temptalia for new releases, accurate comparisons, Makeup and Beauty Blog a close second though. Phyrra, Perilously Pale for color since my skintone is similar.  Best Things in Beauty is always fabulous of course but she is the ONLY blogger I've stuck to that doesn't show her looks, otherwise that's a huge peeve-no face pix, no follow. La Chanelphile for the skinny on Chanel Beauté. Otherwise generally WWD, Vogue and Style.com for the beauty news that comes along with the fashion. I don't stick to any other bloggers, there are many I do NOT like at all. I like news and demos the week a product debuts rather than beauty advice or tutorials in blogs. I follow a few YouTubers though, Julia Graf, Wayne Goss, etc. But I rarely actually read their blogs. :smileywink:
3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)? DONE! I actually was lucky to find more than I ever have for my fiancé thanks to reading BT.

I have some through my mother's marriages and some via my father but did not grow up with them so not very close to any. 

Audrey Hepburn wall calendar, we both love her! 

properlylost

1. I think it's pretty, but I don't know how much I'd like it as a makeup shade.

2. I don't follow any, but when I'm looking for swatches I always go to Temptalia.

3. I'm completely done with mine minus getting one gift card for someone. I always start 

4. I have way too many, but I'm not close to any of them minus one of my teenage cousins because we play video games together.

5. Nope, the only calendar I use is the one on my phone.

Mystiques

1. I like purple and pink shades so sounds good to. Will make it easier when I go look for new cloths since they then will have more of those colors. I also like purple for eye shadows.

2. Not really. I looked at Temptalia for Black Friday / Cyber Monday since it was mentioned on here.

3. I thought I was done until I realized I was not allowed to send perfumes and alcohol to Denmark. (My whole family lives in Denmark).

4. I have 2. At my last visit to Denmark I reconnected with one of them and we email now.

5. I had a boring day planner, since I shopped too late last year to have a good selection to choose from. This year I'm prepared for 2014 with a cat calendar.

kalex

I like the color just fine.  I don't really give a hoot that anyone declares any color "the" color of the year though.

I like Temptalia for reviews and Karla Sugar for swatches.
3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?

About 1/2 way done.  Kids get harder to shop for as they get older.

15 first cousins.  We were close when were kids but now a few of us live in different states.

Baking.  I always use one of the catalogs I get from Betty Crocker or Pillsbury in my kitchen

ladymeag

1. I'm kind of meh. I lived through the pink-make-up-craze of the 90s and have flashbacks to a pre-Urban-Decay-time. :smileytongue: (In all seriousness, I have plenty of bright pink/purple lipstick and figure everything else that comes out of this will be too dusty for me. I'm not much into mauve or mauve-adjacent shades.) In good news: all of the emerald-and-matching-cobalt stuff should be on clearance soon! 
2. Mostly nail blogs. I'm boring - I want to see swatches, not looks. 
3. Done! I don't have a lot of people to shop for, though, so it's easy for me to be done.
4. Oh, holy G-d. My extended family is very large - my parents were one of 13 and one of 12 and their parents from similarly large families. Most of my cousins have tons of kids, as well. My parents were the odd ones out "only" having five kids. None of us are close to any of us - immigrant kid problems, we're all scattered all over and got used to not being close enough to count on each other. I kind of hate that I have both a very large and very distant family - I'd rather have a close, small family. 
5. I get a free calendar from the zoo we belong to. So it was zoo animal themed. 

garnett

I LOVE IT!!  

I don't follow any blogs but now that I see some of the favs here I will check them out. 
3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?  I am about half done.  

I have 15 first cousins and I am not close to any of them anymore.  It's a shame. 

Between home and office I had quite a few.  4 cat calendars. 1 wildlife calendar. 1 calendar that was made for me with photos of my cats. 

kcirtap

1. I like it!

2. Not yet, but I'm getting a lot of good suggestions from this thread! <3

3. Haven't started... I should really get started.

4. Eight first cousins. Not too close to them because most of them live across the ocean.

5. iCal!

SallieSunshine

I'm excited! I think this is my favorite shade since a few years ago when I knew this was a "thing."

My fave is Brightest Bulb in the Box. I'm subscribed to a bunch, but that's the one I leap to when there's a new post.

Done with all the women, barely started on the men! Why are men so hard to shop for?!

Four first cousins on either side of the family, and we're not especially close. I was close to one of them when we were kids.

No calendar (unless you count Google!)

lmi82

[ Edited ]

I'm not crazy about it, but I don't absolutely hate it either. I do think it would make a nice blush and am curious to see what Sephora does with the shade.

I have quite a few that I frequently visit. Temptalia (I check it at least once a day), The Beauty Look Book, Makeup and Beauty Blog, Vampy Varnish, Musings of a Muse, Brightest Bulb in the Box, The Non-Blonde, and BellaChique.

I've gotten a couple things for my mom, but that's about it. I definitely need to pick up the pace.

I can only think of 6 right now, but there is definitely more than that. I'm not super close to any of my cousins.

I just use the calender on my phone.

glossyguru

[ Edited ]

Yay, I've missed our daily questions!

1) I'm super excited about it, totally compliments my skin tone

2) Nope, I think I would go insane looking at all of the posts and reviews 

3) I'm almost done, just have to pick up a present for my grandpa, plus my brother's christmas and birthday present

4) I have 3 cousins, and we're not that close because they live on the other side of the country and they're all so much younger than me (the oldest is 7 I think?)

5) I had a wall calendar for 2013, and it had animal pictures on it :smileyhappy:

kittichick

1. Blerg. It's too close to magenta and I hate magenta.

2. Not yet...

3. I'm, uh... still in the planning stages... (gulp)

4. 35,672,695,102. Or, like, 30. And not even a little. I'm pretty sure I would recognize a couple of them if I passed them on the street, though.

5. Does the calendar on my phone count? (I used to like to get striking nature and animal picture themed ones. Greenpeace made gorgeous calendars! But I eventually decided they were totally superfluous and stopped buying them.)

poshified

1. How do you feel about the Pantone Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid)?: I'm on the fence. I really want eyeshadows in the color family to work on my brown eyes, but they always give me that bruised look. I am excited for the blushes though! :smileyhappy:

2. Do you follow any beauty blogs? Care to share your favs?: The Beauty Look Book, Cafe Makeup, Color Me Loud, Rouge Deluxe

3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?: It's forever ongoing for myself, of course :smileywink:

4. How many cousins do you have? Are you close to any of them?: Twelve, I believe, but I'm only close to a few.

5. Did you have any sort of calendar for 2013? What theme did it have?: Just a planner

Titian06

1.  How do you feel about the Pantone Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid)?

I look better in warmer colors.

2.  Do you follow any beauty blogs? Care to share your favs?

No.  If I'm looking for reviews, I usually start with Temptalia and Musings of a Muse.

3.  Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)?

I haven't started.

4.  How many cousins do you have? Are you close to any of them?

I've lost track.

5.  Did you have any sort of calendar for 2013? What theme did it have?

I use the Franklin Covey "Her Point of View" weekly calendar for work and personal, the Microsoft Outlook calendar for work, the Wild Birds Unlimited monthly wall calendar at work for the pretty pictures, and a yearly calendar from WISE Choice in a narrow strip (1"h x 12"l) which is stuck on the overhead section of my desk at work.  I also have a monthly pocket calendar next to my chair at home.

kso1225

I like it and could actually use it as a blush or eyeshadow. I'm much more excited to see offerings in this year's color than last year's emerald.

I use them a lot, but I don't follow any in particular. I just google image whatever I'm considering researching for swatches and that leads me to beauty blogs.

I would say I'm at least halfway done. The gifts that I do have to buy are either going to be generic because I don't know the recipients as well (bf's family) or they're things that I've already picked out, I'm just waiting to buy so they'll be on my next billing cycle.

13? I might be missing a few. I'm not that close to them, but I'm closer with the ones on my mom's side of the family than the ones on my dad's side.

My bf bought me a Pomeranian calendar that I put up at work.  I have a Sheltie, not a Pomeranian, but I think they're so cute!

warriorwitch

1.) Meh, I'm not big on the particular shade but that doesn't mean they won't do something cool with it.

2.) Biohazardous Beauty, but she doesn't keep her blog updated very much. Also Nouveau Cheap.

3.) Done, just waiting for the stuff to arrive in the mail.

4.) 9 I think? Possibly a few more, and no, obviously I can't even remember how many I have.

5.) Boondock Saints :smileyvery-happy:

marydiva

1. Totally in love! I predicted it would be lavender and I feel pretty darn close! :smileyvery-happy: I'm very excited. I love pink, glowy violets and I think that the makeup collections that come out of this will be absolutely gorgeous. 

2. Nah. The only beauty blog I follow is Rookie Mag and that's more of a feminist DIY site with a mishmash of music and weirdness and I don't think it really counts. 

3. For the boyfriend - mostly done. He wants footie pajamas - which he told me yesterday....right after I *thought* I was finished holiday shopping. -.- Oh well. :smileyhappy: I can never say no to an excuse to shop. 

4. Oh wow. I have like 75+ cousins. About 25 on my dad's side (they're the normal side) and with my mom's side it's sort of a mad guess based on how crazy my uncles are and how many kids....oh lord. Let's not even talk about it. 

5. Yes! :smileyvery-happy: I always use the Vera Bradley organizers. They're super cute and handy. I buy one each year - but I hate that the binding tends to look bad after awhile. I'm looking into replacing my Vera Bradley planner with a Lily Pulitzer. I'm not positive. :smileyhappy: I don't know. I'm into posh planners. Some girls will drop big $$ on shoes. I'm not that girl. I'm the girl who lusts over the expensive planners. 

itscarin

1. It's meh.

2. Temptalia's the only one I go to daily.  I used to visit others but I don't really care to anymore because Temptalia really gives me everything I need to know.  Usually.

3.  I finished shopping for all the women.  I haven't started shopping for the men.  Men.  Why can't they just wear makeup like everyone else?

4.  Four first cousins, and I'm not close to any of them because they all live about 10,000 miles away.  And speak a different language.

5.  No calendar, but if I did it would've been cats!  Haha

katie1724

[ Edited ]

1. How do you feel about the Pantone Color of the Year (Radiant Orchid)? I can't really pull off warmer purples (I like bluer purples on the eyes!) but it's a beautiful color and I'll be interested to see if there's a blush. That, I would try. :smileyhappy:

2. Do you follow any beauty blogs? Care to share your favs? I love The Beauty Look Book, and I consult Temptalia for reviews. 

3. Where are you in your holiday shopping (haven't started, done, halfway, etc)? I haven't started -- at all. I'm really awful with procrastination in general. :smileysad:

4. How many cousins do you have? Are you close to any of them? I think 11…and I am closer to some more than others, but I'm also a few years older than most of them, so we didn't really grow up together as much as my younger siblings and they did. 

5. Did you have any sort of calendar for 2013? What theme did it have? I did, but it doesn't have a theme -- I'm old and I still use a physical planner. I have to write everything down because my phone likes to delete the notes I make on it (and I'm not savvy enough to use Google calendars). 

NotCrocker

I think it is gorgeous. Purple is my fave, so this is a lovely version that I can see using for sure.

Temptalia is my main one. And Brightest Bulb in the Box.

In the middle. Have to buy for my mom and nieces still.

I have nine cousins. My parents moved away from each of their home towns and provinces when they were young, while their families stuck around, so we were always too far away to be close with them.

No. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 79 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • itscarin
    • DTalksAll