prettyinpa

Thoughts and prayers for victims of the Boston Marathon bombing

Just wanted to express my condolences and sympathy to the victims and families of victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. I have friends who were running in the marathon and spent a couple hours yesterday anxiously waiting to hear that they were safe. (I know that this isn't exactly beauty related, but I was sure anxious for awhile).

prettyinpa

Re: Thoughts and prayers for victims of the Boston Marathon bombing

All my friends were safe, they had either finished the race or weren't done but far behind. Turns out a relative had been watching at the finish line, but left shortly before the attack for lunch so they are fine also. Thanks for all the well wishes for my friends and family, you all are just so supportive and kind.

missjr

This tragedy was devastating.  A day dedicated to family, friends and the children of Newtown resulted in this...mess.  I also want to  send my condolences to the families, friends and loved ones of the victims.  You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly.

I am glad that at least one of the perpetrators was taken alive.

makeupmaven

Caught! Congrats FBI and Boston PD; doesn't change the tragedy but I know we are all happy that the swift hand of justice will slap this guy upside the head! Healing for our nation!

MizzyyzziM

Your so sweet. I hope everyone is ok also

makeupobesessed

I hope all is well!  It's such a tragedy. 

Come to find out, I'm hearing they're from Maryland.  Now that's close to home for me, where as before I didn't know anyone from Boston, or in the marathon...

i hope they find this guy soon!

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Oh my gosh I had no idea. Hope you and everyone in your family is doing better.. So sorry I would have said something sooner but I didn't know.:smileysad:

makeupmaven

So horrible, but it is inspiring to see people working together/ giving so generously in response. Times like these bring out the best in good people, and karma is a b&*%$!

roxystar4

My sister ran part of the marathon; I am so happy she did not run the whole thing.  It is so sad what has happened. Most of my family is from Boston and lives within 25 minutes of the city.  I keep asking myself, who would do this?

makeupmaven

Hugs to you, must have been a very stressful week for your family!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thank you. Just found out that two of my relatives are in areas of the lockdown. I hope they catch this guy and question him so what everyone can find out why.  It is just so sickening

lily821

My heart goes out to everyone affected by Boston bombings...(h)
kimmi1115

I send out my condolences to the victims and their family and friends.  I cannot imagine going through something like that, and I hope the person(s) responsible for such a horrific events are quickly brought to justice.  People should not have to worry when participating or watching a type of sporting event.

I will never begin to understand how people can do such cruel things.

beautylovingirl

Very sad occurence. Hoping all your friends were okay. We'll all keep them in our thoughts and prayers. Don't worry about this being beauty related or not we all come together when we need each other.

lylysa

My heart goes out to any and all who were affected by yesterday's tragic event. I kept hearing news stories stating how the bombs were packed with shrapnel and how those injured but survived had to suffer amputations because of the damage. 

I hope the men and women who are working around the clock to investigate this matter and those especially who are tending to the injured can carry on and may they find all the strength within them to help everyone heal.

MoreGun89

Considering recent events all over the world, all I can do is quote Clerks, "Bunch of savages in this town." :smileysad:

ChicDabbler

My condolences to the victims and all involved. I can't believe something like this happened. I didn't see it until I happened upon a tumblr that had a picture of a little girl who died in the bombing. I can't imagine why anyone would do this. =(

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 81 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • prettyinpa
    • kimmi1115
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • roxystar4