kalex

Things you're not good at (humorous)

[ Edited ]

In light of the awesome "6 Things You're Good At" post I thought we could do a funny, "I'm really awful at..." post too.  While reading through some of the other ladies' talents I realized I got skipped over on a few things...

1 - Singing.  Or I should say singing well.  I could not carry a tune if you put it in bucket for me.  This does not stop me mind you.

2 - Art.  Cannot draw a straight line with a ruler.

3 - Directions.  I could get lost in my living room.  This is only a minor exaggeration.

4 - Rhythm. White girl from Wisconsin cannot dance.

5 - Gracefulness.  I constantly have bruises I don't remember getting.  There is no use in wondering who put the door frame there - just say, "ow" and keep going!

mia135

Re: Things you're not good at (humorous)

5 things I am bad at. 5 because it is my lucky number. ;-p

1 - I can not save money. I have a shopping problem, Hello my name is Maria and I am a shopaholic, lol. I am trying to do better but I have already made two orders to Sephora within the first 3 days of January.

2 - I am bad at eating healthy. I keep telling myself that I will eat healthier but it doesn't last longer than a few days. I have to have some kind of junk food in my life.

3 - I kill plants. I wish I had a green thumb but I don't and somehow can not own a pretty plant.

4 - Drawing. Even my stick figures look awful. It sucks because I love paintings and art, I just can't draw myself.

5 - la la la singing. I like to believe I am a an awesome singer but sadly I am not lol.

Plantgarden

1.  Speaking/writing tactfully about a subject I'm passionate about.

2.  Sticking to an exercise program,... But that will change. :smileyhappy:

3.  Meeting new peeps in social settings.

4.  Not spending enough time with my mom,..this too will change.

5.  Not remembering peeps names :smileysad:

BeautyJunkie325

1. Math - I can't add, subtract, multiply or divide in my head.  I totally rely on my calculator and Excel.  The bad thing about this is that I work in accounting, oh well!
  2. Folding Fitted Sheets - I don't care how many times I've watched Martha Stewart's tutorial, but I can't get my sheets that flat.
  3. Dancing - I am not as bad an Elaine on Seinfeld, but I'm not all that good.  The only move I have is that I can move my hips without moving the rest of my body.  When I was 4 I wanted to be a belly dancer so I used to dance around wiggling my hips.
  4. Working in a Group - I would rather work 80 hours in a week to get a project done that work with a group of people.  I like to do things my way & don't really compromise well.  I attribute it to my being an only child.
  5. Sharing - Again, I blame "Only Child Syndrome".  I never had to share so I still don't think to.  I want the first & last of anything.  As my dad has always put it - What's mine is mine & what's yours is mine. :smileyhappy:
  6. Taking a Selfie - I stink at taking pictures of myself.  I can never get the angle right or I end up with a goofy look on my face.  
kalex

#2 - I am convinced that people in hell have to continuously fold fitted sheets.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

That would be hell!

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

Hahahhaaa 

LCResz

Continuing threads, lol. I tend to come to the online conversations late, but dang it if I don't wind up nailing a coffin shut :smileywink: 

calamityjane85

Running. I look like phoebe. 

Organization.  Drawers/cabinets are chaos. 

Starting conversations. But I can end them. 

Paperwork. I hate it. 

Matching socks. They never match, and I don't care. 

Gardening.  And I want to soo bad!

SydBristow

1. Humor - I do try sometimes but have a 12% success rate. 

2. Staying in touch with people - email, FB, anything

3. Understanding human behavior - I am so clueless

4. Cleaning my room - disaster

5. Dancing - just awkward

SydBristow

Ooooops....

6. Understanding politics

punctuationgeek

Beauty related:

1. Applying winged liner. Darn my hooded eyes!

2. Keeping lip products on. Eventually I get fed up with them and just wipe them off. I also get that gross white line across my lips when I wear lip gloss (does anyone know how to prevent that btw?).

3. Getting my eyebrows even. One brow looks surprised, the other looks like it's asleep... perhaps I should have them tweezed to match lol.

4. Not buying new products. My name is punctuationgeek, and I have a problem.

Non-beauty:

1. Singing. For the past 15+ years, I lip-synch happy birthday to people (even if there is only one other person there to sing lol). I also lip-synched in elementary school plays. If I can't sound like Judy Garland, why bother lol?

2. Finishing movies. I just can't commit to one plot for 2 hours! Except Harry Potter, Mystic River, Fight Club, Milk, a few Christmas movies... and that's about it.

3. Dieting. I lost 25 lbs in about six months, and I hated every minute of it. All I want to do is eat cheesecake, chocolate, cake, cupcakes, cookies... And I'm still trying to lose an additional 20 to 30 lbs lol.

4. Math. Why do I need to learn it? That's what the calculator on my phone is for.

And I'm sure there are many more!

pipsqueek1582

Things I'm terrible at...

1. Watching movies...can't do it. I'm too busy thinking about all the stuff I should be doing instead of sitting on my butt

2. Eating...I love to cook, but when it comes to eating...not so much

3. Singing... Love to sing...even sang a couple so solos during my high school choir years...but I'm terrible! Why didn't someone stop me back then?

4. Sleeping... For some reason, I can't stay asleep for more than an hour or so...and I think it's beginning to make me look old!

And that's what I can think of at the moment...I'm sure the list is very long though! 

WhereYouStand

[ Edited ]
  1. using breaks without crashing into things and I kid you not i hit my ver-gimer  on bike bars as a kid & been a bear holding tree hugger many a time.
  2. not sounding like a barn-animal when I speak my first sentence in the morning usually I am told I sound like a billy goat.
  3. keeping a plant or flower alive, The weeds in my front yard put Mirkwood forest to shame in all it's dark glory from the hobbit desloation of smaug though. 
  4. saving money & I mean without anyone taking it from me and putting it away and not letting me touch it even when I beg in a manner that is degrading to a four year old crying in the checkout isle of the grocery store for candy (See pic below!)6e9715c1829c8556ea7dc74658736f61.jpg
  5. Being a social non hermit is a struggle for me, I am truly rusty with people skills and when I talk it comes out awkward and sometimes so blunt it's rude see Pic/example Below below256e68e6e591f77cb0aa12faeaa4d7de.jpg
  6. and yes I am too mortified to go on. (see pic below)174f2f19d52538804a413131b2f328e4.jpg

gingerblack

1. Only eating one chip

2. Only watching one tv episode on netflix

3. Painting my nails

4. Picking up after myself

5. Molecular neurobiology :smileytongue:

kssweetheart

kalex - this had me in stitches!! My dog looked at me like I was on drugs when I L'ed OL at this. Thank you for sharing.

Since this was originally posted in July I'm wondering if you've mastered....okay, if you've improved in any of these categories. Thanks for the laugh.

kalex

(0) Hearts

I don't currently have any bruises but other than that... I'm still me.  :smileyvery-happy:

BeautyLove02

BTW, I LOVE this thread!

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

I love when we can find older threads like this and give new life to them. It shows what a great thread it is. Thanks kalex. :smileyhappy:

BeautyLove02

1. Cleaning the house- I'm the type of person those YouTube "house cleaning motivation" videos are made for. I hate cleaning, but I know it has to be done. I don't want to live in filth, so I watch YouTube videos to get motivated..lol sadly. I will take the shortcut to do everything. On the surface, my house looks really clean, but if you pick up a folded blanket from the corner there will be a pile of laundry piled under it.

2.Patience- I'm like a three-year old child sometimes.

3.Getting up in the morning- I will shirk all responsibility for that extra 5 minutes (or an hour) of sleep. I've gotten better about it since I started drinking Cuban coffee which is the equivalent of cocaine in a cup.

*****(Realizing the first 3 are basic life skills lol)

4. Math-was always horrible at it, always have been and always will be (probably) Numbers are enemy. I can barely figure out the cost of something if there's a percentage off...but I manage somehow.

yazmin

1. Dacing- I love music and love watching people dance, wishing I knew how to dance... can't do it to save my life.

2.Numbers-I can't remember them, or when people send me a number I tell them to please send them in trios that way I don't get confused because I mix numbers ex. 39 I would put 93.... Amazingly I was great at math, honor rolls, A student in math but can't remember them in their order I was given.

3.Hair-I have so many hair tools.... use them once or twice... or never... I cant do my back hair, can't seem to coordinate myself to do my hair like the girls on youtube.

4.Saving Money-Can't... I will start but as soon as I see something I want I go and remember I have money saved up and spend it.....

5. Parking.... I was able to do it once or twice... once being the driving test.... where they give you a big space to park in... that's not real life. My instructor and my dad only taught me how to park on one side of the street. required for the exam, that's all I can park when I find parking on the other side of the street who ever is with me... Get down! and help me ! lol.... can't do it.

marydiva

1. Singing - I can't sing. It's quite sad, but my voice does NOT sound nice at all. It's rough having a passion for musicals but knowing you can never actually participate in one because of your awful, awful voice. Ah well :smileyhappy: We all have our gifts. 

2. Driving - I am an awful driver. In fact, I have yet to pass my drivers test! I have awful anxiety behind the wheel. In fact, once when I was taking my drivers test, I ran a red light because I was so nervous about staying between the lines. 

3. Straightening my hair - My hair is frizzy, thick and simply can't be tamed. I CAN'T straighten my hair alone, and straightening it with help takes professional tools and a couple of hours. Totally not worth it. 

4. Dancing - I literally....am so bad. Unless there's choreography, I can't just dance spontaneously. I can swing-dance, which is where the girl relies on the guy to lead, and do aerials, flips, whatever. But put me on a school dance floor and tell me to shake my stuff and I just kinda stand there awkwardly and try to imitate someone else. 

5. Math - Okay, I CAN do math. But it takes a lot of effort, a lot of purposefully logical thinking. It's not something that comes easily to me, it's something I struggle with. I'm generally a straight A student and usually get the top grade in all my AP/honors classes without much work at all. However, when it comes to math, I'm in the regular math and working my butt off, barely eeking out a B. Definitely something that doesn't come naturally to me. 

6. Piano/anything musical - My mom made me start piano in pre-school. I struggled through it until I was a sophomore. My little sister composes her own music, and can play any classical piece you throw at her from memory. I can play Frere Jacques. And that is all. Literally. That is the only thing I retained from 10+ years of piano lessons. I was so bad at piano it was painful. And it's not that I didn't study it and practice. I'm just the most unmusical person on the planet. It's like a foreign language to me. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 129 replies
  • 384 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon