kalex

Things you're not good at (humorous)

[ Edited ]

In light of the awesome "6 Things You're Good At" post I thought we could do a funny, "I'm really awful at..." post too.  While reading through some of the other ladies' talents I realized I got skipped over on a few things...

1 - Singing.  Or I should say singing well.  I could not carry a tune if you put it in bucket for me.  This does not stop me mind you.

2 - Art.  Cannot draw a straight line with a ruler.

3 - Directions.  I could get lost in my living room.  This is only a minor exaggeration.

4 - Rhythm. White girl from Wisconsin cannot dance.

5 - Gracefulness.  I constantly have bruises I don't remember getting.  There is no use in wondering who put the door frame there - just say, "ow" and keep going!

Ginger74

Re: Things you're not good at (humorous)

1. Doing my hair. It's a CONSTANT battle and you would think that at 39, I would have it mastered. My hair is curly/wavy and has a mind of it's own. For years, I would straighten it, but recently, I decided to give that up. To time consuming and it looks better "natural" anyway. Just wish I knew what to do with it.
2. Math. Absolutely HATE it. My son is in 4th grade and when he needs help, he knows to get with Dad because Mom is just as clueless as he is!
3. Applying makeup. As much as I makeup addict I am, you would think I'd be a pro, not really. Perhaps it's just low self-esteem, but I always feel like I'm doing something wrong or don't look as good as other women when it comes to makeup.
4. Not getting annoyed with stupid people. (I work with the public, so I really need to try to get better at that!)
5. Eating healthy. Enough said!
6. Drawing. I love to doodle and draw, but that doesn't mean my "art" come out good!

kalex

I saw this in my twitter feed today and it reminded me of this thread and how many of us can't dance.  Maybe some of us balter instead!   :smileyhappy:

upload_3677414040428051284.jpg

sephoralovex

1. Patience. I am not patient whatsoever. 

2. Saving money. It's been a problem for years now!

3. Math. Please don't give my anything complicated. I just cant.

4. Directions. Bad bad bad. Even if it's the simplest directions, I always seem to make it more complicated then it should be.

5. Washing my eye makeup brushes. I'm great at washing my face brushes since if I dont i'll break out. But when it comes to eye brushes, i probably wash them 2-3 times a month. I have too many!

makeupmaven

Have to add: saving money. I spend it so quickly (is anyone else doing a bunch of online shopping today...hello summer sales!)...however in the sense of "saving money" on my purchases, I kick a** at that...gotta love finding stuff on sale (with free shipping and a discount code today...hello $40 maxi dresses)...

Happy 4th everyone!

kalex

Me too!  Much to husband's dismay.  I only placed a couple of orders today though despite my inbox overflowing with sale emails.  My birthday was just last month and I took advantage of several b-day offers so there wasn't much I still wanted/needed!

Happy Fourth!  I'm wondering if it's late enough to make myself a Paloma yet...

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

Yep, I placed a few, but all for stuff I'd had my eye on/ all on sale etc. Husband can't get mad, it's my money after all! But yeah he's like "I keep wondering where she is getting all of these dresses"....shopping is like a game for me sometimes, saving $=winning.

kalex

(0) Hearts

What am I thinking?  I'm using Grapefruit juice as opposed to Grapefruit soda.  That makes it downright breakfast-y and therefore totally appropriate for earlier hours.  :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

1. Keeping beat, my family constantly reminds me of this, thanks guys!

2. Dancing, this kind of goes with keeping beat!

3. Reverse parking- ARRG!

4. Telling you what I ate for lunch, or five minutes ago for that matter.

5. Being healthy- I'd do anything to lose weight! Except exercise and diet... sorry!

6. Telling you what that classical/opera song was, I love hearing them but I can't tell you the name of one!

lylysa

1. Drawing a straight line, I've been an art student all my life and have excelled in art and even branched into all sorts of facets, but ask me to draw a straight line and NOPE! I can draw circles freehanded that look excellent, but lines...nope, nope, nope. Maybe it's just too linear for my free form ways! :smileytongue:

2. Navigating downtown, regular areas and even the suburbs are fine, but throw me downtown and areas filled with one way streets, constant construction, and parking garages and I'm going in circles over and over again! Once I even find where I'm suppose to be I have to loop around to find parking and once I get that finished I have to find my bearings again and get back to point A!

3. Holding back, not in the sense of not being able to hold back words or use tact, but holding back my personality at times. I've really done a 180 from when I was younger. I used to be SUUUUUPER shy and quiet, to the point where I didn't speak at all until someone at school talked to me and even then, if it was a student I would keep quiet but now I'm not afraid to talk to random folks and be the super lively one at social gatherings, this can be a bad thing if I'm around new people who aren't used to a stronger or bolder personality, it tends to make them cower and retreat into themselves, which makes it tougher for me to befriend or get to know them.

4. At wearing socks....oh gosh how I can't stand socks! I mean sure, if I have on a pair of boots or if it's super cold then fine, but under any other circumstance, get those suckers off! I try to resist any shoe that requires socks (no sneakers for me). I love being barefoot and socks are the arch enemy (although I love a fabulous pump or high heel anyday)!

5. Straightening my hair, this takes FOREVER and I get lazy. My hair is thick and wavy and past my hips. Everytime I try to flat iron it I start off super precise and section off pieces and take my time, and by midway I'm just letting my hair all down and going over random top portions and the ends. I get so impatient!

6. Backing up into parking spaces, I had to practice this over and over again during the time of getting my license and was a pro, but since then I've hardly ever had to use this so now the few times where I could back into a parking space, I can't and I get worried I'll end up bumping into the car next to me or backing up into something!

tashalicious

putting on false lashes, i can only do one eye!

dolceloure

Well, I just filled out the "6 Things You're Good At" so this'll be a fun one too. :smileyhappy:

1. Singing. Love doing it but I'm awful. Just awful. 

2. Piano. God help me, it's one of my passions, but I'm just not very good at it. I can master a piece once I've set my mind to it, but it takes so much more time and effort than it would for someone w/ even average music abilities, lol.

3. Art. I can't even draw good stick figures

4. Directions. Even in the age of GPS. 

5. Cooking. I once tried to make soup and had to start over 3 times b/c I kept burning the oil. Also caused one minor kitchen fire. (and I thought Rachel Ray's recipes were supposed to be easy!!) Hoping to improve, but I'm going to give it a few years, lol.

6. Eating healthy. I just love crappy food too much. :-/

nebel

Oh, do I hear you on being bad at the piano but loving it anyway. I'm a singer, and I can sing well and read music easily. But dear god, am I *awful* at the piano.  I just do not have that kind of cooridnation or ability in my hands.  But, holy crud, do I love Beethoven.  And does my utter lack of piano ability stop me? HELLZ no.  I subject my pets (usually not my professional musician husband, i do have *some* shame lol) to my painful playing of sonatas and reduced symphonies.  I LOVE MY BEETHOVEN, **bleep**!

dolceloure

Aaaah I LOVE Beethoven too!! I've definitely had a go at other composers' music, bu I always come back to good old Ludwig. He was a genius. Have you ever seen Immortal Beloved by any chance? If you haven't, I swear, it'll make you love him even more!

nebel

Yes, I LOVE that movie- as much as I love Beethoven, I love Gary Oldman More :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

OMG me too!!! Another obsessed friend and I actually did a Gary Oldman movie marathon night (which included Immortal Beloved). He is disturbingly awesome at playing nut jobs, so much that we couldn't sleep later on b/c of Dracula, lol. 

beautylovingirl

@nebel- I don't do it often enough so I'm sure if I had more practice I might be a little better at it.

Kiki1517

1. Directions- I have lived in the same area all my life and still get lost. Pretty bad when your 4yr old daughter asks you: "Mommy, is this when we go in circles?"

2. Getting up in the morning without pushing the Snooze button for an hour.

3. Dieting- I just love food too much!

4. Showing up on time- my inner clock is just off

5. Consistency- I can't keep to a schedule for the life of me

6. Beauty related- Winged liner. I just can't. One eye will be perf, the other flying away...

beautylovingirl

The parallel parking thing oh I'm so bad at it and I mean reaaally bad I usually have to find a space that has no vehicles around when I'm "attempting" to parallel park and if all the spaces have cars around me I usually have to park and walk a little farther than normal.:smileytongue:

nebel

Parallel parking is really tough if you don't have to do it often.  I drive into NYC a lot, so it was a MUST-HAVE skill.  I can do it on either side of the street now!  It also really helps to have a small car.

janinebt

1. I'm also really bad at math. Luckily I only had to take one math course in college, but unfortunately it was a struggle and a half!

2. Meeting new people. I'm often very shy when I first meet someone for the first time.

3. Driving! I am not at all the world's worst driver, but I have completely accepted that I'm not the best either. In fact driving often gives me mild anxiety so I don't do it that often. I hate going on the freeway and don't even get me started on parallel parking.

4. Singing. I have some musical theory under my belt...but never ask me to sing. I have a singing voice that could probably leave all of the dogs in my neighborhood howling.

5. Waking up early. In my perfect world I'd be up at 11 every day. I love staying up late and sleeping in.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
kalex

Forget about parallel parking - I just can't park.  I feel like the lines are mocking me.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 129 replies
  • 384 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon