kalex

Things you're not good at (humorous)

[ Edited ]

In light of the awesome "6 Things You're Good At" post I thought we could do a funny, "I'm really awful at..." post too.  While reading through some of the other ladies' talents I realized I got skipped over on a few things...

1 - Singing.  Or I should say singing well.  I could not carry a tune if you put it in bucket for me.  This does not stop me mind you.

2 - Art.  Cannot draw a straight line with a ruler.

3 - Directions.  I could get lost in my living room.  This is only a minor exaggeration.

4 - Rhythm. White girl from Wisconsin cannot dance.

5 - Gracefulness.  I constantly have bruises I don't remember getting.  There is no use in wondering who put the door frame there - just say, "ow" and keep going!

wingatprsct

Re: Things you're not good at (humorous)

The comments have been so much fun to read!  Thanks kalex for the thread!  I'll have to narrow mine down to six, but here goes....

1)  Promptness.  I have gotten better over the years but I still have tardiness issues.  Functions should start when I get there...right?

2)  Organized.  My house would be clean if I didn't have piles that needed to be sorted or tossed.  Oh, and let's not forget the perks and samples from Sephora!

3)  Swimming.  I can't do it!  I've tried.  All three of my boys definitely know how to swim.  The rule in my house is,  "If the boat turns over, don't worry about yourself, save Momma!"

4)  Exercising.  Let me rephrase that....I'm good at exercising, I'm just not good at getting motivated to exercise.

5)  Drawing.  I'm crafty but I can't draw.  Give me stencils, something I can trace, and I'm ok. Needless to say, I'm horrible at Pictionary. 

6)  Getting things done in a timely manner.  I procrastinate big time!  I also think I do my best work under pressure.  So, I'm not sure if it's a bad thing, but I wish I didn't wait so late to start on things.  If I just had 15 more minutes......

This may also affect item #1!

serioustree

Hahahaha "don't worry about yourself! Save momma!" made key day because I can't swim either. 

serioustree

1 directions lol I can get lost if you give me a list, GPS and a guide. Haha. 

2 Singing. Love it but can't do it for the life of me. My bf has learned to tune me out. Hahaha

3 games/ video games, omg I blame on my luck! Haha I suck and I'm super unluckyyy!!

4 Memory haha last night my friend went to the restroom and asked me to order for her... Did I remember? Of course not! I tried really hard though! 

5 keeping myself clean-- I know, im an adult and everything but I swear I have no idea where those stains come from. Smh

peacefulseraph

1- getting ready on time when someone spontaneously invites me out. I actually need to get ready 1-2 hrs ahead of time in case I change looks... so that never works out.

2- math. I passed all my classed with good grades, but I had to study 10x as hard to scrape by.

3- using eyeliner on my inner eyelids. I can't stop flinching, just like the other hassle I have putting eye drops in.

4- directions. I could get lost in a cul de sac. Thank god for gps.

5- resisting dark chocolate.... mmm, don't wanna!

6- using gel eyeliner pots. If you don't have a steady hand or are using Napoleon Perdis (permanence of a Sharpie) which dries quickly... you may have some issues like I did.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

resisting chocolate...what a good thing to be bad at!

mafan

Oh, this is fun!

1) Gracefulness. I guess that's the right word. It's strange because I dance well and can walk with an understanding of movement. On the other hand, I cannot avoid the door frame that leaps out in front of me!  I cut my finger carrying the laundry basket too close to the refrigerator handle and probably should have had a stitch or something. I am ALWAYS bruised somewhere. 

2) Spacial coordination in video games. If I'm playing an online game, I can easily delay a party while I try to jump a gap until I have toget my husband to come move my character for me just to stop me from dying so often.   And don't expect me tospent somewhere in a game unless I'm following you. 

3) Giving directions. If I'm driving, I'm okay. If I'm telling you where to go, I'll miss a turn or say I meant your other left. :smileywink:

4). Getting enough sleep. It's 1:45am and I need to work tomorrow. Enough said?  As a teen I would listen to really boring  music until I fell asleep. Then my poor sister would have to turn my tape off if she woke up. 

5) Get along with dogs. I had a few bad experiences years ago and I wish I could like them, but I can't. 

6) Tolerate bad money management. I spend more than I should, but I pay my bills every month and I can afford it. I cannot stand a 44 year old sister who doesn't manage her money well and then expects my parents (well, mom now) will cover her essential bills while she carries lots of debt. 

sephoramusthave

1. Directions (oh gawd....)

2. Cooking (its a chore for me, I have zero passion for it, I would rather not eat then spend 45 minutes making something from scratch)

3. Art (one of the reasons I love makeup so much is because its the only form of art I'm actually good at---I cant draw anything better than a 5 year old)

4. I'm no good at painting my nails----I always make a mess.

5. Sports---never played any kind of sport in my life

6. Video Games----not my thing at all. I'd rather play with my makeup :d

kenny

1. Basketball. I was always a great athlete and could play most sports but I really suck at basketball (probably doesn't help that I'm 5' 3")

2. Singing. I love singing, but I sound terrible. Usually I do accents to make up for my lack of talent and all songs end up coming out country-ish.

3. Directions. I can visualize places I need to get to, but I can't connect the roads in between. So my parents got me a GPS :smileyhappy:

4. Cleanliness. I love to bake, but no matter how hard I try the kitchen looks like a disaster zone. (although I make great food)

5. Drawing. I just can't. 

6. Not procrastinating. I tend to leave things until last minute. On the other hand I am much more productive when I get closer to the due date, if I start early productivity kind of sucks

rikkie

[ Edited ]

#4 right here. I solve this by trading tasks with my husband, I hate washing dishes but he hates loading the dishwasher, he hates scrubbing the bathroom and I hate vacuuming so we can avoid the tasks we hate most, haha. We take turns cleaning the cat's litter box though, no one gets to escape that one!

prosopon

(0) Hearts

We do that too!

pinklissamel

What a good idea this is!!!!

1. Following directions especially recipes - I must think to myself everytime that the person who came up with this recipe doesn't know everything so i'll just tweak this and that and well soon it doesn't actually resemble the actual recipe anymore some i set out to follow in the beginning, haha

2. singing - i love to do it but dont have the voice for it, sadly doesnt keep me from trying to either

3. being on time - I hate being the one coming in after everone is already in the room or whatever and they all turn to look at you as you walk in late, yet i have every intention of being early but you know what they say about good intentions...

4. keeping on task - i start to do one thing and get sidetracted on the way to do it, so it takes me 20 min to do a 5 min project sad really.

5. art - i can't draw period stick figures and sometimes challenging

6. patience - I pray for this at least 3 times a day :smileyhappy:

rainbow781

Haha fun thread! Mine would be:

1. Time Management: I honestly can not remember the last time I actually ended up using all my time, it's terrible!

2. Being social: I can't talk to people it is that simple, if I don't have a friend or family member by my side I may not say a word at a party/social event.

3. Being graceful: OK I am the most clumsy person I have ever met, on the first day at my new school I tripped over a chair and landed flat on my face! I was mortified!

4. Worrying: I over think everything. And I mean EVERYTHING!

5. Picking my battles: I fight with my mom over every little thing. It is not a good habit.

6. Singing: I couldn't match a pitch if my life depended on it.

roxystar4

Im NOT good at:

1. going to bed at a decent time

2. putting on my deodorant (i use hippie DO and sometimes I forget to reapply)!

3. knowing when to pick my battles with the in-laws

4. back hand springs

5. keeping any kind of sweets in the house (they will get eaten pronto so I just cant have them in the house).

6. driving at night time- i have fallen asleep at the wheel before

kalex

Back hand springs?!!  I'm not sure I could pull off a decent somersault.

DesertRose0706

1- telling jokes - just can't ge the delivery right lol

2 - Braiding hair - even the basic braides jsu t aren't pretty... i will kepp practicing lol

3 - applying mroe than one color of eyeshadow

4 - defining my crease/creating the outer V - i just don;t get this.

5 - waiting until the very last minute to do my homework, even though i have plenty of time to do it ahead of time

6 - dancin gin social siuations - outside of my own house i am not a dancer despite how much i wish i were lol

miabt

You are all hilarious!  I can definitely contribute to this thread :smileyhappy:

1. Cleaning - I'm meticulous when I do clean, but its usually at the bottom of my list.  In my single days, I would dump laundry on my bed to get myself to fold it... but I would just lay in the pile or move it over & sleep!

2. Patience - Ohhemgee, I have kids and have absolutely none sometimes

3. Gracefullness - I tried dancing Aparima, which is kind of a cross between hula & tahitian, & the slow beautiful movements were a challenge for me!

4. Art - Being a MUA, my skills are great... but beyond that, I draw stick figures

5. Staying on task - I self-diagnosed myself as having ADD years ago

6. Keeping composed.  Literally, I'm so ridiculously emotional, there isnt much that WONT make me cry!

I'm extremely flawed & totally fine with it :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

bananachoox3

1. Directions. I mean if I was lost and had no GPS, forget about me going home. That is why I always google map where ever I'm going

2. Buying Makeup I don't need... LOL its not like I need 4-5 blushes that are similar in color. I need to finish them first and then go out and buy more.

3. Saying sorry. My friend always tell me this, whenever someone bumps into me, I for some reason always say sorry when its not my fault.

4. Going to sleep early, even if I have to wake up 4 hours later for something I never sleep early. I'm an owl.

5. Whistling, I CAN NOT whistle to save my life.

nebel

1) Going to parties.  No really, I *suck* at going to parties. I'm great at throwing them.... decorating, cooking from scratch, etc etc.... and I do okay at sit down dinner focused events, but when I have to go to an actual, honest-to-god party where i'm expected to stand around with a beer and socialize with strangers, I'm completely awful, want to leave about five minutes after I get there, and usually wind up in the next room talking to the host's cat.

2) Not crying.  I cry when I'm upset. Lots of things upset me.  This is often slightly awkward.

3) In general, liking most people as much as I like most dogs.  

4) Going to bed on time to not be exhausted for work when I'm in the middle of a really good book.  Can't... put... book... down....

5) Not walking into things.  I must have a peripheral vision issue.  

6) Cilantro. Seriously, eff cilantro.  

kalex

Yes, cilantro.  Ugh!  Tastes like soap - I don't understand how anyone likes it.

Spyski

Introvert speaking here. I fell ya on your #1!

makeupmaven

[ Edited ]

Haha I get silent sometimes too if I'm around a lot of people or just don't feel like socializing...and my husband doesn't feel like going out to hear music anymore, so we're definitely a lot better at NOT going to parties. Sensitive too and I like my cat better than a lot of people!

But I go to bed early now! I'm OLD. Cilantro is great but it really is a love/ hate thing...can't imagine guacamole without it...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 129 replies
  • 384 hearts
  • 63 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • prosopon