kbmatthews

Things you're HORRIBLE at?

Spin off from Andy's thread! What are you horrible at?

I'm super bad at most sports. It's pathetic. 

I'm also really bad at self-control. I am really trying to exercise it now though, so I don't keep buying unnecessary makeup/snacks/shoes.

And I'm horrible at tanning! LOL

This is literally me.

Irish+Girl+Tanning.+When+you+see+her_d0c3a2_4266706.jpg

chocopudding

Re: Things you're HORRIBLE at?

(0) Hearts

I'm terrible at going to sleep at a decent hour - I'm a night owl!!!!

And navigating downtown in my homecity, Vancouver. I was literally lost during the Olympics, and I grew up here in Vancouver. :smileysad: My friend actually gave me a map of downtown (the one they give to tourists), as a joke. The funny thing is that I have NO TROUBLE navigating in strange cities. >_<

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I'm terrible at biting my tongue. I'm very direct. I try very hard to not offend people, but it just happens sometimes. 

I have very little impulse control when it comes to shopping at Sephora or for makeup in general. 

I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate putting it away. So technically I'm not bad at it; I just don't like doing it.

I'm not great at being spontaneous. Although I am getting better about it. I try to plan for everything. And I make lists for so many things. 

Oh, and I'm pretty terrible at ironing. I just send things to the dry cleaner when they need to look nice.

Zpsid91

(0) Hearts

I make lists for everything - and then post those lists on Post-It's around the house. My mind just can't relax unless I have it written down!

Also, I 2nd the folding of the laundry - hate it! 

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I can't relax until I make my lists too!

lovinglondon

Focusing on one task.

I cannot complete anything all the way through in one pass. For example when doing an exam I’ll start at the beginning, jump to the end, go to middle, got back to the start etc. At work I can't compete one task and move to the next, I must be working on 5 things at once. 

etscore1

Budgeting and/or saving for long-term goals. 

Thankfully I'm fairly stingy and don't tend to spend gratuitous amounts of money either so I just kind of save naturally that way. 

I'm also horrible at making decisions. Like... awful. 

ragdoll4mom

Kalex, Irish tanning is when you get so many freckles that they all run together to make you look tan.

kalex

LOL my husband has actually joked about that!  Every once in awhile I'll stick out my arm and say, "Look!  I actually tanned a little bit!" and he'll go, "No, I think you've just got so many freckles that it looks like you have a tan."  Ha!  And he thought he was being clever.

kalex

I feel the need to link you to this older thread.  Some of the responses are really funny!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Things-you-re-not-good-at-humorous/m-p/553361#M18471

As a fellow Irish girl I have to ask, "What is this tanning you speak of?"  I thought there was only freckling and burning?  :smileyvery-happy:

kbmatthews

Yeah, tanning is not an option! hahaha.

Thanks for the link! I forgot about that one! It's definitely fun reading some of the responses :smileytongue:

jozkid

My tan is the equivalent of someone's winter skin tone. :smileysad:

gogreyhound

well, I just found out not too long ago I do have Irish in me...that explains why I describe my skin tone as "Clear"

jozkid

Mine is more "Reflective." :smileyhappy:

gogreyhound

LOL!

kbmatthews

I grew up as a minority in my friend group (they were all of different Asian backgrounds) and I was nicknamed "the flash" because I reflected light in photos haha!

gogreyhound

That is too funny!!

heartsmyface

I'm bad at singing, but that doesn't stop me! And remembering to brush my hair.  And going to sleep without someone telling me to go to sleep. 

meagboho

Terrible at navigating! I always manage to get lost...

luckystar8686

I'm bad at keeping my house clean (CLEANING is not the issue-- maintenance is!)

Repairing/mechanical things

Procrastination!!!!

Sonny4President

Console games... I'm more of a PC person, I got the XBOX for christmas 3 years a lot and I haven't even touched it for like 2 years... I feel so bad :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 47 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • malday
    • makeupobesessed
    • ragdoll4mom
    • Zpsid91