Things that make you mad in the makeup isle

neko333

Things that make you mad in the makeup isle

[ Edited ]

I can think of several really stupid things I have ran into lately that irritate me to death. 

For starters I had to yell at my teenage male cousin one time for drawing with the lipsticks on the displays. Then he wondered why I yelled at him. I was like, really? I have to tell you at age 14 not to draw all over things like a preschooler. That's pathetic. I see it all the time at different stores with various items. It makes me mad. Not only have you probably ruined a perfectly good lipstick but you made a mess for one of the poor old ladies in Walmart to have to clean up. Instead of going in Walmart to "play" go outside or actually do an activity. Better yet read a book.

Another thing that bugs me is when people swatch things that aren't testers. I don't mind if you open it, but don't rub your hands in it. If it's a pump or something you can dispense and swatch I could care less. It's happened to me a few times that their was only one left of what I wanted, only to open it and notice someone had destroyed it. 

Finally people who leave nasty little notes in the makeup isle. I found one wrote on a posted note and stuck on one of the displays. It said something along the lines of "Inner beauty is more important". O.k. I get that, it's not like I don't think it's important. However for someone to go out of their way, write out a note, and post it in the makeup isle is obnoxious. I could care less that you don't like makeup but to take the time specifically to do that is annoying. My boyfriend instantly started making fun of it (with things I won't repeat). I was just like what good will this do? All it will do is make some pre-teen feel like they are doing something wrong for wearing a little bit of makeup to boost their confidence. It was very insulting from the tone of it. 

Feel free to post your own. 

Esdee

Re: Things that make you mad in the makeup isle

I've had that swap thing happen with shoes!  Someone had put the wrong size shoes back in the box, so when I grabbed what I thought were 10s, I wound up with 8.5s instead.  Gah!

annonymous1

Its so irritating, i just don't get it like who puts in the time and effort to do something like that! so immature

tashalicious

[ Edited ]

Wow i can't believe someone  actually left a note!!! People are always getting on their self righteous high horse about everything and anything, my guess is, it makes them feel as if they have a purpose in life.   With so many bigger issues going on in this world yet they choose to take a stand on makeup?   just laugh at them, because they're hipster posing cowards.  

neko333

I think their problem is that contemplating any real world issue is too hard for them. So they nit pick at things that really don't matter. There are lots of issues people should have strong opinions about. Makeup is not one of them. 

Kiki1517

So true...I don't understand why so many people even care about other people's personal decisions when it in no way affects them. Someone posted on facebook yesterday: I dunno why girls wear so much makeup, let your freakin skin breathe! But yet she has how many tattoos? I told her what's the difference between you covering your skin with tattoos and me wearing makeup that I can wash off at the end of the day? It's art in both manners if you think about it. Shut her right up hahaha!

Esdee

The sad is that most of those hipster sorts talk about how body shaming is wrong, and that we should all love who we are in whatever form that is, but then they turn around and mock the people who are trying to better themselves for their own personal reasons, whether it's by diet, exercise, or beauty products.  Shaming is shaming, and it's all bad.

Just because I use makeup or am trying to lose weight doesn't mean I don't love myself, it just means that I like using makeup and want to fit back into the clothes I spent a lot of money on.  :smileyvery-happy:

nebel

Yes!! Body shaming is body shaming.  Period.  I don't care what you weigh, what your skin is like, what your hair is like- no one has any right to comment.  

Esdee

The last time I went into my local Sephora, someone had gone down the back row of the skincare section and taken all of the caps for all of the testers.  Lotions, toners, cleansing waters or oils, you name it, there were no lids.  It was a *huge* mess waiting to happen, and I'm just glad I noticed it and was able to point it out to one of the SA before somebody knocked something over, but I never saw who did it.

FireSpinner

My biggest pet peeve is probably when i find a lip product that i like just to find out that they've all been ruined in some way or another. especially if i only like the one shade and there's none that are intact

volta

One time there was a group of pre-teens near me and they started laughing. Then I saw that one of them had dug their hands in all of the Josie Maran concealers (when they had the two-concealer palettes still). And smeared his hands all over the display. This irritates me because they had no problem destroying property and making others clean up after them just because they wanted to look cool in front of their friends.

Another thing that irks me is when people just leave their trash (i.e. used tissue, cotton rounds, eye applicators, fragrance strips) everywhere except for the trash bin that is literally in front of them two feet away.

neko333

I would have told them off much like I did my cousin. 

volta

There are some times that shock you so much that you are left speechless. Believe me, I am usually the outspoken type.

JenJenz

Omg, I totally feel ya on this one! The other day I was at Walmart picking up a new L'Oreal lipstick and in the color I wanted there were 7 available and guess what....yep, every single one of them had been tested, some even totally destroyed. Ugh, so annoying! Whenever I buy things from the drugstore I totally have to inspect them to make sure they haven't been used. God only knows what people have done to them!

neko333

I would have been extremely irritated. I like when products don't have seals because you can get a good look at the color but at the same time I hate it because it makes people want to do bad things to the products. I worry about someone unscrewing the lid of something and putting something nasty in it. 

The same thing happens with testers. Sometimes I'll want to test a product and someone has destroyed it. One product i went to test was covered in hair and fuzz....

JenJenz

I know right, totally weirds me out! Hair and fuzz....I don't even want to think about what/where the product was applied to, lol! Maybe I will only buy sealed items from now on :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 146 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • spoiledbrat
    • malday